PDA

View Full Version : new guy

scone
08-04-2009, 06:33 AM
hey fellas, im Scone and im a newbie so please be gentle.

JakeF
08-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Wassup Sconie! :moon:

Pebbles
08-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Welcome Scone, There are nothing but gentle lions here. How about details about your fishing background?

I grew up fishing on a small pond in NJ. Loved it ever since. :HappyWave:

johnnysaxatilis
08-04-2009, 10:29 AM
:laugh: sup ya goog!

JakeF
08-04-2009, 11:06 AM
FYI,,, Scone is only a newbie to the site, not to surfcasting. He's the Sargent at Arms for the National Chapter of Stripercoast Surfcasters Club, and a damn good fisherman and plug builder :thumbsup:

surfwalker
08-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Welcome to the site scone, look forward to your posts.

scone
08-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Welcome Scone, There are nothing but gentle lions here. How about details about your fishing background?

I grew up fishing on a small pond in NJ. Loved it ever since. :HappyWave:
thanks pebbles.started prowlin the rivers and streams of northern ct for trout 45 years ago with a bamboo rod and a throw line. gentle lions? hahahaha. i already know some of these clowns and there isnt anything gentle about em.
now, speaking of clowns, where's your ugly half? he starts a site and doesn't invite me!
hey jake good to see you're back in action.
hey surf. i got your goog Johnny!

Stripercoast1
08-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Shee-ite, here we go now!
The gang is almost completely here for the take over!
Scone makes a nasty darter by the way, if you ever get a chance to hoe his plug bag, thats the one you want to slip away with.

scone
08-05-2009, 09:46 AM
hey brutha, hopin things have finally leveled off and i can get out more. fresh batch of maple yesterday.

DarkSkies
08-05-2009, 10:12 AM
gentle lions? hahahaha. i already know some of these clowns and there isnt anything gentle about em.
now, speaking of clowns, where's your ugly half? he starts a site and doesn't invite me!

I woulda invited ya, bro, but you splained to me how you didn't have time for internet crap, you were too busy fishin! ;) :HappyWave:

A big welcome to scone, he's a great guy to know. When you first meet him you get a sense that you wouldn't want to meet him in an alley in a dark night when he was in a bad mood. ;)

He's got the face of someone who's been in more than his share of bar fights, maybe that's why they picked him for Sgt at Arms for Stripercoast Surfcasters. :viking::lynchmob:

But he's got a wicked funny sense of humor, great guy to hang out and talk to. Not only that, the guy has a good head on his shoulders, knows how to write letters and effectively communicate to those in power about fishermen issues, and is a fanatic about the future of fishing.

Of course, he doesn't want a lot of people to know all that good stuff about him. I think he likes the role of "scary maniac surf fanatic" a lot better. :laugh:

My point here is don't judge a book by it's cover. It was only after I got a chance to BS with him for a bit that I got to see the bigger picture of who he is, and what he believes in.

In the meantime, if ya ever get a chance to fish with Scone, Stripercoast1, or Jake, do everything you can to make it happen. You will be fishin with a group of guys to whom surf fishin is sacred, almost like a religion. Can't find more dedicated people than that, they're truly hardcore. :thumbsup:

cowherder
08-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Welcome to Stripers and anglers, scone. There a cool bunch of fishermen here, I learned a lot from them, look forward to your posts!:HappyWave:

VSdreams
08-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Welcome scone!

BassBuddah
08-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Scone, welcome aboard.:HappyWave:

Pebbles
08-06-2009, 08:55 AM
thanks pebbles.started prowlin the rivers and streams of northern ct for trout 45 years ago with a bamboo rod and a throw line. gentle lions? hahahaha. i already know some of these clowns and there isnt anything gentle about em.
hey jake good to see you're back in action.
hey surf. i got your goog Johnny!

"45 years ago with a bambo rod" I bet you still have that rod somewhere.

My ugly half invites all. However I do differ on the ugly half part :eek:. Over the years he has taught me much about fishing. Which I have loved ever since a small child. I started fishing in a pond and whenever I went out of state to visit family I fished on lakes. Dark hooked me up with surf fishing and now I can't get enough of it. :HappyWave:

scone
08-06-2009, 03:33 PM
sorry to say i no longer have that rod Pebbles. i'll stick by the ugly half thing (even though i haven't met you, i have met him):HappyWave:
anyway,glad to be here and i hope to have the chance to wet a line with many of you.