PDA

View Full Version : knots for braid

jigfreak
08-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Is the palomar knot the best to use for braid?

JakeF
08-11-2009, 04:00 PM
If tying the braid directly to a swivel or other terminal tackle, I would have to say yes.

I prefer to tie my braid directly to my leader (no swivel) using a Crazy Alberto knot (modified Albright). I then prefer to use a Uni knot to tie the flouro or mono leader directly to the hook or plug. :thumbsup:

johnnysaxatilis
08-11-2009, 04:23 PM
trilene is my fav for some reason. i like the idea of the double loop attached to the plug or leader. makes me feel better :scared:

Monty
08-11-2009, 09:14 PM
I use the palomar knot and have been extremely satisfied with it. To swivel and to breakaway clip.

jigfreak
08-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

finchaser
08-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Palomar or uniknot
the yukatan knot also works very well

Jackbass
08-12-2009, 05:02 PM
If tying the braid directly to a swivel or other terminal tackle, I would have to say yes.

I prefer to tie my braid directly to my leader (no swivel) using a Crazy Alberto knot (modified Albright). I then prefer to use a Uni knot to tie the flouro or mono leader directly to the hook or plug. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: My thoughts exactly. I however don't tie direct to the lure or plug. I put a duo lock on the leader. I find the action on a swimming plug is far better with a snap on.