PDA

View Full Version : life without fishing

hookedonbass
08-13-2009, 10:34 PM
I can't invision my life without fishing. How much does fishing mean to you?

bababooey
08-14-2009, 12:54 AM
I could live without it, and have not fished for long periods of time when work and family are more of a priority. I look at it as a nice way to socialize among friends, and a good way to have a family outing.

surfstix1963
08-14-2009, 07:43 AM
It keeps me sane and I can tell you first hand when you cannot do it you become rather grouchy I am done for the year with my back and neck injury and have not fished since the beginning of May thank god my wife is very understanding because I am beginning not to like myself right now.

surfwalker
08-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Fishing in general I guess I could live without, Striper plugging from the wetline, no I couldn’t live without that. It’s hard enough for me just to get through the cold winter months let alone never plugging again. I thought that as I got older my interest in Surfcasting would not be as intense, but it grew instead. The urge is just as great as that very first cast, if not greater now. You do what you enjoy and my lips will never put down anyone for whatever way they fish or species they are after. I’ve slowed down more now than in the past and I miss those days. Memories are great to have , but I would still rather be making memories (often, maybe at one time too often). I enjoy posting about what I do and enjoy reading others posts about their experiences, but it’s no substitute for actually doing it. So, no, I couldn’t stand not being able to do what keeps me going, - seeking, seeing Stripes-just too much fun.

-surfstix1963- I hope your injuries are healing ahead of schedule.

blitzhunter
08-22-2009, 07:41 PM
I live, eat, and breath fishing. If I could not fish everyone around me would be miserable, because I would be miserable.

Frankiesurf
08-22-2009, 08:31 PM
What Blitz said.

When my wife gives me the " I would rather you stay home tonight" bit, I tend to get very cranky and mopey. She has certainly learned to pick her spots.

Stripercoast1
08-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Life without Bass?
Really?
My answer would best come from my 2 ex-wives.
Maybe my wife could answer even better because she is my fishing partner, at least before her back injury. She is a skisher in training in order to get back out with me.

gjb1969
08-23-2009, 11:40 AM
its my peace how i calm down thinkif i dont go fishing for long a long time i get cranky and it drives me nuts so its very important to me:HappyWave:

stripercrazy
11-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I fish to get away and not have to listen to the little problems that somehow become magnified into big problems on the homefront. Without that outlet, I wouldn't be a happy camper.

jonthepain
11-06-2009, 07:17 PM
I really used to be on a much more even keel when I used to hit the beach every dawn or dusk during striper season.

I think it has affected me negatively since I moved from 5 doors down from the dune to 3 hours from the beach.

I used to play hooky every couple of weeks, but since gas went nuts, and my 95 4wd xtracab Silverado beach monster gets around 12 mpg, I almost never go anymore. It costs me a hundred bucks to go for the day.

I mean it hasn't killed me or anything, but after reading these posts, I think it was more of an attitude adjuster that I really need than I realized.

Maybe in a couple of years we can sell this place and move back down to the beach. I'll never be able to afford to live on LBI again, but I could at least be able to find something close to the NC beach that I can afford.

:(

buckethead
01-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Fishing in general I guess I could live without, Striper plugging from the wetline, no I couldn’t live without that. It’s hard enough for me just to get through the cold winter months let alone never plugging again. I thought that as I got older my interest in Surfcasting would not be as intense, but it grew instead. The urge is just as great as that very first cast, if not greater now. You do what you enjoy and my lips will never put down anyone for whatever way they fish or species they are after. I’ve slowed down more now than in the past and I miss those days. Memories are great to have , but I would still rather be making memories (often, maybe at one time too often). I enjoy posting about what I do and enjoy reading others posts about their experiences, but it’s no substitute for actually doing it. So, no, I couldn’t stand not being able to do what keeps me going, - seeking, seeing Stripes-just too much fun.

-surfstix1963- I hope your injuries are healing ahead of schedule.

:thumbsup: Beautifully said.

Monty
01-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Like most have posted here, hitting the Surf is a huge part of my life. The more I fish, the more I want to fish. I need to fish to clear my mind, concentrate on trying to catch Stripers or Blues. Being alone out there at 2:00 AM can be intense exciting fun. You get to really know your self.