PDA

View Full Version : What matters more?

plugaholic
08-13-2009, 11:05 PM
I love fishing for bass but sometimes the fight of a bluefish is more appealing to me. There are all kinds of fisherman out there so what matters more to you and why:

Bass or bluefish?
Founder or fluke?

surfstix1963
08-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Nothing in particular I like catching fish it beats not catching them.

Stripercoast1
08-14-2009, 10:48 AM
There are 2 types of fish as far as I am concerned.

1)Striped Bass

2)The fish they call food

Small blues are good Bass food, large blues ruin wood plugs.

Whats a flounder?

Monty
08-14-2009, 11:09 AM
I enjoy both.
In the summer I fish hard for bass at night, come sun up I spend a couple hours battling bues.
Prefernce bass, but like you, those bigger blues are lots of fun for me.

surfwalker
08-14-2009, 01:52 PM
I can't really describe it. When plugging and get a hook up, naturally my body gets excited, but when the run starts and I feel head jerking motions, my mind gets disappointed. It's crazy, and I can't explain it, I have nothing against blues or anything, but I enjoy Stripers. I'll take some downtown blues until my wrist hurts, but I'm not really down there for blues. You tell me, what would make me not take out the garbage on a cold night in Dec., but get up the next morning at 3am- 22° with a wind chill of 12°, and walk the wetline, freezing my *** off, in search of that last small Striper of the year. Again, I can't explain it, but as I posted in another thread-
"The first time I saw a Striped Bass was in 1958, only a kid then. A guy was walking off a jetty(now invisible due to beach replenishment), little past dusk, and had an old conventional set up and plugs, and was carrying a nice Bass (later to be tagged at 38lbs). My father, being a Fluker, never giving me the chance to be exposed to a Bass. I ran over to this fella and asked him nine million questions about his catch, he took the time and answered them all. I recall that night over and over in my head and made up my mind that this is the fish I will seek. It has given me much enjoyment over the years and many a smile. It has been a lifelong addiction, I wouldn't have it any other way".

johnnysaxatilis
08-14-2009, 09:50 PM
The hunt for bass is absolutely more challenging. thats all it comes down to for me. Blues are the dumbest fish of all time, snapping at anything disturbing the surface. there are a lot of different ways and places bass feed; fishing for them encompasses a lot of different techniques which is way more fun in my opinion.
that being said, i grew up fighting blues on nantucket in the summer and some of my fondest memories are fishing with my dad until we couldnt move our arms, walking back, and eating what was swimming an hour ago. im never really dissapointed when i see a chopper ripping my plug to bits :wow: actually my picture avatar here is that very beach on madaket, nantucket

wish4fish
08-14-2009, 10:52 PM
You tell me, what would make me not take out the garbage on a cold night in Dec., but get up the next morning at 3am- 22° with a wind chill of 12°, and walk the wetline, freezing my *** off, in search of that last small Striper of the year.

dude thats hardcore i know what thats like at the end of the year you dont wanna quit but when you freeze your balls off maybe it's time to tap out lol. i fish for the action and if i wasn't fishin i would spend too much on the brazilian and russian go go chix wit nothing to show for it but a half azz grind, so fishin is cheaper and i really do like to be out as much as i can, its like we're hooked, but its a good thing to be hooked on, not like coke or heroin:naughty:

Frankiesurf
08-15-2009, 11:56 AM
If you are correctly prepared you don't freeze your balls off. There is nothing like scraping ice out of your guides and off the line roller when you are bailing the Bass.

hookedonbass
11-08-2009, 08:39 AM
I always find that catching blues is an easy game. Bass are harder to hook for me. I love trying for the bass.