PDA

View Full Version : Montauk anyone?

SharkHart
08-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Is anyone else getting Montak fever? NJ falls really stunk the last few years so i am more so looking forward to making the trek to Montauk. Im thinking end of sept should be hot. Anyone else going?

DarkSkies
08-23-2009, 12:44 PM
The night eel bite is working up there right now. Some friends are going soon, which is pushing me up there too. Not much of a daytime bite, though. The waters are cooler, but I would give M another week or 3 before things start to pan out, which is right around when you were thinking of going.

In the meantime, the NJ waters are finally starting to cool down a bit, if only for a few days. Now is the time to be on the local hunt, the large quantities of bait are compelling.

LennyD
08-23-2009, 02:44 PM
I def. planning a trip or 2 there, im going up there in october.

storminsteve
08-23-2009, 06:56 PM
I never made the trip but always wanted to. If any of you guys are planning a road trip I would love to tag along.

SharkHart
08-24-2009, 07:06 PM
stay in touch Steve, id be up for something like that

storminsteve
08-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks shark, will do. I heard something about a 30 caught at night last week, I would love to get into something large like that. Maybe it's just the guys skishing out there, but you have to keep hope alive, right?:fishing:

JakeF
08-26-2009, 04:18 PM
A bunch of us Stripercoast Surfcasters Club guys will be in Montauk October 22-25. Mark your calendars for those dates and come fish with us. There's no real agenda for the weekend, other than fishing our tails off, except that we'll probably be having a bit of a cookout in the lower lot on Saturday afternoon. If you have any interest in becoming a part of a coastwide club of hardcore surfcasters, this would be a great opportunity to come see what we're all about. :thumbsup: ;)

SharkHart
08-26-2009, 06:09 PM
right now i am hoping to go last Thursday to sat of sept, hoping for early action like last year right after labor day

I dont see many large ones caught from the surf, you really need a NE wind to push them biguns out of the rips about a mile out, but the fish generally under 12 pounds boil the waters in close like no where else i ever seen.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll194/SharkHart/montauksuf.jpg

Frankiesurf
08-27-2009, 07:51 PM
How the heck are there only five guys casting to a blitz under the light?