PDA

View Full Version : Political unrest in MA

Jackbass
09-01-2009, 01:18 PM
In general I do not discuss politics with anyone. I feel politics and political debate in general can ruin friendships destroy families and lead to general discontent. People believe things for certain reasons and in general it is pointless to argue with them. I generally lean to the right on many issues but believe in voting for the man/woman that is best suited for the job. I refuse to vote with a political party. I will always hope for the best when an official is elected into Office.

In Massachusetts right now there is a major schism developing between the left and the right and people in general. The law makers are attempting to repeal a law they put into place in 2004 that disallowed a senate appointment by the sitting governor. This law was put in place because at the time the state government did not want Mitt Romney appointing a senator in case John Kerry won the presidency.

Since senator Kennedy passed away last week the Senate is scrambling because the Senate no longer has a filibuster proof majority. The groundwork that has been laid for universal health care would not come to a vote because the Republican party will filibuster the bill, which 70 percent of people polled have stated they do not want.

The state of MA house of reps and state senate is in turmoil because they need to repeal a law they passed in 2004, which was promoted by Ted Kennedy, to suit their political agenda. In polls MA residents are saying wait for the special election, close to 70 percent of MA residents want to wait for a special election.

It is becoming clear to me and many others that our voices are not being heard by those we have put in office to hear our voices. The day the law is repealed and Deval appoints a senator will be one to watch. We as Americans have watched the political machine long enough. It is time to vote responsibly and get our government back. It is our government after all. They all work for us, or at least they are supposed to.

Support Lew Evanglidis proposal for the 28th amendment to the united states constitution. That will eliminate special interest influence by eliminating special interest group campaign contributions. The politicians will only answer to the people they serve and not special interest groups if this amendment is passed and these campaign contributions stop.

bababooey
09-02-2009, 06:29 PM
It is becoming clear to me and many others that our voices are not being heard by those we have put in office to hear our voices. The day the law is repealed and Deval appoints a senator will be one to watch. We as Americans have watched the political machine long enough. It is time to vote responsibly and get our government back. It is our government after all. They all work for us, or at least they are supposed to.

Support Lew Evanglidis proposal for the 28th amendment to the united states constitution. That will eliminate special interest influence by eliminating special interest group campaign contributions. The politicians will only answer to the people they serve and not special interest groups if this amendment is passed and these campaign contributions stop.

I hate the political machine and the cronyism, jackbass. Repubs, Democrats, all are guilty of being seduced by the power, and act like heroin addicts to keep it. Do you think this 28th amendment has a serious chance of being passed, or not?

Jackbass
09-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Look into it. It will definitely not get the support it needs in the house and senate. It is going to take away virtually all special interest campaign funding. It needs a grass roots following.

He essentially called for it when the Banking fall out happened last year. I will post the link where it can be read about.

http://lewevangelidis.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=45&Itemid=29

I have always believed in voting for an individual not a party. unfortunately the rest of this country is not in that frame of mind.

Monty
09-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Well said. There is an extreme separation being created between the government and the people. If things progress as they are it may get very ugly.