PDA

View Full Version : treble hooks

porgy75
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Is there actually a benefit to using treble hooks?

Monty
09-04-2009, 01:27 PM
As far as hooking up, I think so (we are talking tail hook on plugs).
better chance of a hook up, odds increased.
But I never use trebles as tail hooks. I like the way the dressed single hooks look and it is much easier releasing a bass or blue from a single hook than a treble.
Also do less damage to a fish with a single hook.

barrys
09-05-2009, 07:11 PM
I don't think so because of what Monty said (quote:it is much easier releasing a bass or blue from a single hook than a treble. Also do less damage to a fish with a single hook. end quote)
Barry

finchaser
09-07-2009, 11:10 AM
[quote=Monty;23287]As far as hooking up, I think so (we are talking tail hook on plugs).
But I never use trebles as tail hooks. I like the way the dressed single hooks look and it is much easier releasing a bass or blue from a single hook than a treble.

What he said plus I always crush all barbs on trebles.
you must test swim any plug you replace a treble with a single as it ruins the action on many plugs as the treble acts like a keel .

Monty
09-07-2009, 09:22 PM
What do you do in that case (where the dressed hook screws things up)?
Do you leave the treble on it?

[quote=Monty;23287]As far as hooking up, I think so (we are talking tail hook on plugs).

What he said plus I always crush all barbs on trebles.
you must test swim any plug you replace a treble with a single as it ruins the action on many plugs as the treble acts like a keel .

finchaser
09-08-2009, 07:20 AM
yes and crush the barbs, the problem usually occurs with plastic swimmers not so much with wood ,poppers no problem