PDA

View Full Version : Cars that are deer magnets

surfwalker
09-04-2009, 08:08 PM
I keep my cars till you can see the road through the floorboards. Its about 17 years old, 186,000 miles, real metal, not thin tin and cruises nicely. Comfortable and the one piece fits just right inside. A few years ago I broadsided a nice buck, flush around 55 on a highway, never hit the brakes. Totally demolished the hood, lights, part of the frame, grille, undriveable, out of commission for the fall run. Sat in the backyard till I got all the parts to get it going again. But ever since then at least once a week I gotta slam on the brakes or swerve to the left or right to avoid hitting a deer. I've tried to use different routes, but they are always around. This morning I just missed another one by about 3 feet. Getting a little tired of this, not a relaxing ride to work or fishing anymore. Even thought about getting rid of the Deerslayer due to the constant near misses. I don't hate all deer, just the suicidal ones. Just beware that they are out there, everywhere.

Frankiesurf
09-04-2009, 09:06 PM
You can buy those deer deterant thingies to put on the bumper. They are supposed to emit a high pitch noise that you can't hear but they can. Whether they work or not, I do not know.