PDA

View Full Version : new Smith Point pier to be dedicated to John Fritze

stripercrazy
09-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Sounds like it will be a winner, and a great place to take kids for snappers. :fishing:

GROUND BREAKING for FISHING PIER at SMITH POINT COUNTY PARK…Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy and members of the Suffolk Legislature endorsed construction of a fishing pier at Smith Point County Park in Shirley. A ground breaking ceremony was held for the pier which will be 12 feet wide and 150 feet long and include a solar-powered safety lighting system and a 27-foot-long covered area. It will be located in the northeast corner of the Smith Point Park parking lot and extend north into Narrows Bay approximately 95 feet.

The pier will allow individuals to view the marsh wildlife at the park and will be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Construction is slated to begin by September 1 and be completed within six months. The pier will be named in honor of John Fritz, former chairman of the Suffolk County Board of Trustees of Parks, Recreation and Conservation and the Sporting Advisory Council, who died in 2008.

BassBuddah
09-06-2009, 08:14 PM
$10 says it will never be completed in 6 months if unions are involved.:D It's a step in the right direction, and would be a great place for snappers, and for handicapped people to fish.

nitestrikes
09-07-2009, 10:17 PM
My predictions, they will get it done on time, with overtime money. That can be a sweet motivator under the right circumstances.:dribble::plastered:

jimbob
09-09-2009, 10:14 PM
wow, being kind of hard on unions? It will get done and I'll bet the first fish caught will a Flounder or a Striper. That has always been a good spot. I'm all for it.

williehookem
09-10-2009, 04:57 PM
^^ What he said, great spot, X2.

BassBuddah
09-22-2009, 09:57 PM
$10 says it will never be completed in 6 months if unions are involved.:D It's a step in the right direction, and would be a great place for snappers, and for handicapped people to fish.

wow, being kind of hard on unions? It will get done and I'll bet the first fish caught will a Flounder or a Striper. That has always been a good spot. I'm all for it.

Hey jimbob, wanted to let you know I was just kidding. My uncle was a union steamfitter, and he worked hard all his life. Some of the union jokes he told rubbed off on me.