PDA

View Full Version : What fishing gear have you lost?

porgy75
09-13-2009, 09:50 PM
What is some of the fishing gear you have lost either on the surf or out in a boat?

DarkSkies
09-14-2009, 11:15 AM
I lost 2 rods, and some gear (anchor, etc) when I recklessly piloted a boat that was too small in NY Harbor many years ago. The water and winds had kicked up, and I discounted the marine forecast. I should never have been on the water that day with that small boat. Young and foolish I was. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

surfstix1963
09-14-2009, 11:28 AM
A whole lot of plugs over the years pretty much unless you want to count rigs when I fished from boats alot.

JakeF
09-14-2009, 01:49 PM
The most costly day so far for me was the day I left my large Aquaskinz plug bag, full of custom pluggage up on a rock behind me as I was fishing. It was nearly above my head, so I thought it was high enough to be safe from the waves..... NOT. At least I lost a Korker while looking for it in the wash, to end the morning on a high note. :(

voyager35
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
A fishing partner lost his Abu reel and boat rod when he was holding it and put it down for a second last summer to take a leak. Big bluefish, bass, or ray, we'll never know. Why he didn't slip it into the rod holder is a mystery to me. When you lose something like that your mind plays back the tape in slow motion. It wasn't funny then, but we laugh about it now.