PDA

View Full Version : 4 weeks of fishing bliss

hookedonbass
09-14-2009, 03:14 PM
I always wanted to go cross country for 4 or 5 weeks and just fish. It is too bad that life brings you down the road of always having to work to survive. Lately I feel as if I am missing something so much more than what I see. Maybe one day I will be able to follow my dream. Where are some of the places you would venture to in the US if you did not have to work?

jonthepain
09-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Montana and Wyoming for fly fishing. Went out there back in '83. It was awesome.

shameless plug: I started a new business that anybody can do back in June, after I got laid off. I am on target to be able to take that 4 or 5 weeks off one year from now because of it. I am pumped!

jimbob
09-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I have this same dream. After the holidays, maybe the middle of January head down to Florida and fish around the Keys then head over to the Louisiana coast maybe do the Mardi Gras thing then the Texas coast then south California coast work my way up the Pacific coast Spend the summer in Alaska then back to the northeast coast for Stripers again. Maybe when I retire in 6 years.

jonthepain
09-15-2009, 10:13 AM
I'd also want to hit the salmon run on the Pistol River in Oregon. When I lived there, the only people that knew about how great it was were the locals.