PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever played a trick on your fishing buddy

VSdreams
09-15-2009, 05:24 PM
I enjoy playing jokes on people. Once I took a gallon size plastic bag added some extra weights and attached it to my buddies pole when he took a bathroom break. When he came back to check the bait he thought he had a winner!:D

jonthepain
09-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Here's my favorite:

I've pulled this one successfully a dozen times. Don't ask me how I know about it :embarassed:

(Don't tell Rich, or he'll be looking for it next time we fish together)

this works especially good in low light levels.

when your partner is taking a leak, or wandering down the beach, or plugging, or has otherwise left his bait dunking rod unattended, take a length of his line from the spool to where you're standing next to your rod. keep one foot on his line that's straggling along the sand. hold the line that goes thru his rod tip, making sure it's still taught to the bait.

when he gets about 20 yards away, give some yanks on the line, and raise your eyebrows. if he doesn't come running like some crazy man, give two or three really good pulls, and nod your head at his rod. you seldom will have to say anything.

let go at the precise moment he goes to set the hook.

When he just about falls down cuz there's no tension on the line, and starts reeling frantically, and you are howling with laughter, take a quick photo of the look on his face, and post it here.

Priceless.

surfstix1963
09-17-2009, 09:33 AM
I have a tendancy to loosen their drags while they take a break its pretty funny when they heave a cast.

jonthepain
09-17-2009, 08:04 PM
that is so not right :laugh:

JakeF
09-17-2009, 11:07 PM
I was skishing with Ed one night,,, I swam quietly up behind him and smacked the water right behind his head. He keeps better track of me now :naughty:

Jackbass
09-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Something tellls me that may come back to haunt you Jake. I have a feeling a guy who made his living lieing in weight for hours could probably pull one over on you. lol. Not that I wouldn't have loved to see it. :eek:

JakeF
09-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Bahhh,,, he's too old and slow these days :naughty: :ROFLMAO

I'm watching my back though, lol.

Stripercoast1
09-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Man if I had the breath hold I did years ago..................................

I was an instructor at the Amphib Recon School. We used to swim everyday, sometimes with a night swim. Full combat gear including rifles. Always compass courses, and usually combat tactical. There was always at least one pairing of idiots that would start chit chatting during the swims. Usually a warning was all they needed. Sometimes it took a little more.
we always had a safety boat in the water, and at least 2 instructors swimming with cheater vests and shorts to patrol around keeping an eye on things. One class was full of clowns with 2 individuals worse than the rest. After swimming over to them and warning them how far voices, including whispers carry over the water, i swam off to correct another pair. On my way the first two start up again. To premise what happens next, one of the creatures in the dangerous marine life breifing prior to the swim was Hammerhead sharks. I was about 75 yards away when I went under. i swam to the pair of idiots and bit one of them on the leg, then quickly swam away. I surfaced about 30 or 40 yards away to the sounds of them screaming like a little girl that had been stung by a bee. Man, that was funny! When things quieted down, and I told the rest of the instructors what I had done they all nearly pi$$ed their pants laughing.

JakeF
09-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Yep..... I'm a dead man tonight. :moon: :D

storminsteve
09-19-2009, 11:54 AM
great tips guys, this is a good trick to play on your drunk friend:plastered:
wKn2WpvywMg

jonthepain
09-19-2009, 02:26 PM
yet another reason why i'm glad i quit:D

bababooey
10-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Man if I had the breath hold I did years ago..................................

I was an instructor at the Amphib Recon School. We used to swim everyday, sometimes with a night swim. Full combat gear including rifles. Always compass courses, and usually combat tactical. There was always at least one pairing of idiots that would start chit chatting during the swims. Usually a warning was all they needed. Sometimes it took a little more.
we always had a safety boat in the water, and at least 2 instructors swimming with cheater vests and shorts to patrol around keeping an eye on things. One class was full of clowns with 2 individuals worse than the rest. After swimming over to them and warning them how far voices, including whispers carry over the water, i swam off to correct another pair. On my way the first two start up again. To premise what happens next, one of the creatures in the dangerous marine life breifing prior to the swim was Hammerhead sharks. I was about 75 yards away when I went under. i swam to the pair of idiots and bit one of them on the leg, then quickly swam away. I surfaced about 30 or 40 yards away to the sounds of them screaming like a little girl that had been stung by a bee. Man, that was funny! When things quieted down, and I told the rest of the instructors what I had done they all nearly pi$$ed their pants laughing.

That's a classic move, you should have also have pinched them with pliers for good measure. See how fast they would walk on top of the water.:ROFLMAO

bluesdude71
01-22-2010, 04:04 PM
We went on an offshore charter one time. It was a small boat, small group of friends. On the way out there, one of our buddies got a little drunk and loud, saying how we all sucked and he was the best fisherman. Eventually he passed out. We did the bucket trip, put his hand in a pail of luke warm water from the galley while he was passed out. He pissed himself. When he got up a few hours later we all had a good laugh.

williehookem
03-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Here's my favorite:

I've pulled this one successfully a dozen times. Don't ask me how I know about it :embarassed:

(Don't tell Rich, or he'll be looking for it next time we fish together)

this works especially good in low light levels.

when your partner is taking a leak, or wandering down the beach, or plugging, or has otherwise left his bait dunking rod unattended, take a length of his line from the spool to where you're standing next to your rod. keep one foot on his line that's straggling along the sand. hold the line that goes thru his rod tip, making sure it's still taught to the bait.

when he gets about 20 yards away, give some yanks on the line, and raise your eyebrows. if he doesn't come running like some crazy man, give two or three really good pulls, and nod your head at his rod. you seldom will have to say anything.

let go at the precise moment he goes to set the hook.

When he just about falls down cuz there's no tension on the line, and starts reeling frantically, and you are howling with laughter, take a quick photo of the look on his face, and post it here.

Priceless.

Funny trick, I'm doing that this year.

williehookem
03-01-2013, 08:03 PM
We went on an offshore charter one time. It was a small boat, small group of friends. On the way out there, one of our buddies got a little drunk and loud, saying how we all sucked and he was the best fisherman. Eventually he passed out. We did the bucket trip, put his hand in a pail of luke warm water from the galley while he was passed out. He pissed himself. When he got up a few hours later we all had a good laugh.

Dude that was mean, but if he was that drunk maybe he deserved it.

jonthepain
03-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Funny trick, I'm doing that this year.

My fishing partner Ray pulled that one on me 20 years ago, and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Ray has been waiting for a liver transplant for almost 2 years now, and can't fish. Please say a prayer for him.

Thanks,
Jon

williehookem
03-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Jonthepain that must be tough hope the guy gets one. t&p