PDA

View Full Version : Night time walks

stripermania
09-17-2009, 08:20 AM
The first time I ever went surf fishing at night by myself I decided to take the long walk.

It was like 1:00am and overcast outside. I geared up and started to make the walk. The one thing that never crossed my mind was how eery that walk can seem when you are alone. Now I am not a little guy and can certainly hold my own but there was something about being alone out there that gets ones mind racing with all kinds of weird ****.

Jackbass
09-17-2009, 10:26 AM
That is pretty funny. I know the feeling. There is one Place i fish in RI with a path that runs along the rocky shore and to the left is all meadow and heather. At night one time I turned my lamp into the meadow and all I could see was eyes. Gave me the willies at first. Made me think twice about fishin that spot during the rut. :eek:

Monty
09-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Ha, Ha its great being out there alone, I love it.
Had a piece of wood hit me in the back of the legs recently out there. Knew it was wood. Still ran like a girl out of that water. And yelled too.
Had someone pop out from behind a bush and say Hi! at 2:30 AM.
Had a seal pop its head out of the water while I was out wading one night :wow: .
Lots of great adrenalin rushes.

Frankiesurf
09-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Standing on the shore in a new moon. Nobody around but I felt a little weird. Like something was a little off. I look to my left and there was a Great Blue Heron standing not three feet from me. I am 5'4", these things are like 4'. So I am almost looking right in its eyes. Scared the living crap out of me. I shrieked like a girl and ran like one too. The problem was I ran right into a pack of deer about 30' from me. I just about fell out from a stroke.

I love nature, just not when they all sneak up and gang up on me like that.

Monty
09-17-2009, 07:37 PM
:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :thumbsup:

Been scared by deer before too, heart beats like crazy.

Standing on the shore in a new moon. Nobody around but I felt a little weird. Like something was a little off. I look to my left and there was a Great Blue Heron standing not three feet from me. I am 5'4", these things are like 4'. So I am almost looking right in its eyes. Scared the living crap out of me. I shrieked like a girl and ran like one too. The problem was I ran right into a pack of deer about 30' from me. I just about fell out from a stroke.

I love nature, just not when they all sneak up and gang up on me like that.

DarkSkies
09-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Lots of great adrenalin rushes.

What gets to me sometimes is the new moon. You're walkin out to a familiar place in pitch darkness. You know the path and the trails, but then the wind kicks up and makes some imagined noises. If you're fishing in front of a storm, it's easy to imagine all sorts of things, alien experiments, a dead relative coming down to talk to you, etc, etc. :kooky:

stripercrazy
09-24-2009, 03:36 PM
I like the nighttime walks. It clears my head and lets me get some of the mental garbage out of my system.

Stripercoast1
09-28-2009, 12:25 PM
I love the night.
While most of the world is asleep, I'm hunting Bass. I love the fact that most, the high majority, of striper fisherman are all comfy in bed. I fish prime water in solitude with fellow night stalkers, with the crash of the surf, and the night sky full of stars. I am fully involved with my senses on high alert. I've done it most of my life, and almost never fish under the sun. There are exceptions of course, tonight I'll be out through the sunrise, and beyond. It's the fall run, just beginning, and morning blitzes might last all day as Bass fatten up on the proliferation of bait now showing along the coast. I'll watch and chuckle as the day walkers come out, and I'll think about the larger Bass I caught when they were sleeping. I'll chuckle a little louder while they land a few schoolies and whoop it up like they landed 50's. All the while reliving the 30's and 40's I released hours before.
I love the night.