PDA

View Full Version : Who wins

stripermania
09-19-2009, 03:02 PM
I had a fight with the wife today. She always thinks she is right and she rules the house. Sometimes I just let her win, but the majority of the time I am the true winner and the one in charge.

Who wins most of the time at your house?

jimbob
09-19-2009, 03:08 PM
My wife always wins, if she is unhappy so will I be. I can always go to the beach however and I am happy there.

dogfish
09-19-2009, 03:13 PM
My wife either has to be right, or I have to give her the illusion that she is right. Any deviations from this and its not a happy household.:D

jonthepain
09-20-2009, 12:20 AM
At my house, if there is an argument, nobody wins. Especially if one or the other of us wins, we still both lose, but the winner usually loses worse than the loser.

In rereading that statement, it occured to me that it would not have made sense to me a coupla years ago. But to me now, after almost 28 yrs of marriage, it makes all the sense in the world. i wish I could remember it more often, tho.

Stripercoast1
09-20-2009, 08:30 AM
2 failed marriages.
2 Daughters in another state that i don't get to see.
No one ever wins, in a street fight, fire fight, or marrital fight.
I now consider myself the luckiest man in the world, after 15 years with my 3rd wife, we get along like you read about. We've had our share of arguments, be sure of that, but we work through them to get to a resonable end. I think the biggest issue is that we talk, when she gets home from work, we talk about her day, or mine when I get home. We discuss even the most trivial issues in full. we hold nothing back, and always use honesty as the most important rule.
Marriage is not a competition, its a team of two people against the world and everything that happens to tear you appart. We don't split anything, whether it be incomes and bank accounts, house work or yard chores. Our vehicles are OUR vehicles, our pets are OUR pets, our lives are OUR lives.
After 1 year with the first wife, 3 years with the second, I couldn't imagine another day with them, after 15 years with Deb, I can't imagine a tomorrow WITHOUT her.
Raised voices raise walls, a whisper is heard for miles on an open mind.

My truck broke down the other day, I am looking at $600.00+ in repairs to replace my rear end and a broken leaf spring. Her first response was, "We have to get this fixed so you can get to Montauk!"
My first would have said, " Great now we can sell it and get a car"
The second would have said, "Great now you can't get out to fish"

voyager35
09-20-2009, 06:40 PM
:thumbsup: Sounds like you found a keeper, stripercoast.
I like the give and take of a good discussion, but have found that no one wins when someone has to prove they are right all the time. So I make it interesting, let her win at times.

dogfish
09-21-2009, 09:00 PM
At my house, if there is an argument, nobody wins. Especially if one or the other of us wins, we still both lose, but the winner usually loses worse than the loser.

Yep, you can't win anything if the other party feels like they got trounced. Isn't there a famous quote somewhere that talks about this?