PDA

View Full Version : Regulations on stripers and flounder

rockhopper
09-20-2009, 11:22 AM
If you be be the one to decided what the regulations would be for stripers and flounder next year what would they be?

Stripercoast1
09-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Coast wide Game fish status on bass with a 1 fish limit. Low slot of 20 to 26 inches or 1 fish over 40.
Whats a flounder, I think Stripers eat them, don't they?

Frankiesurf
09-20-2009, 12:32 PM
I am with Ed on the Bass regs. Something has to be done about all these boat guys hauling cow after cow onto the decks and not returning them to where they came from to breed.

Winter Flounder needs a moratorium and Summer Flounder would be 19" 2 fish limit. May-Sept.

jimbob
09-20-2009, 10:54 PM
I agree with Stripercoast1

jonthepain
09-21-2009, 09:32 AM
slot limit. it's worked in the past, why not now?

gamefish status from Maine to Fla.

DarkSkies
09-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Something has to be done about all these boat guys hauling cow after cow onto the decks and not returning them to where they came from to breed.

Good thoughts guys. I am also for educating fishermen why it's important not to kill all the big breeders. Many guys don't concern themselves with the biomass, or the future. They just wanna go out and fish, and feel if the regs permit it, so be it. :fishing:

Actually, I see nothing wrong with guys having an opinion wanting to keep the status quo, because they are not educated as to the alternatives and how things would play out with different regs. If we feel strongly about this, the why is something that has to be addressed, one fisherman at a time, and with as much patience as it takes.

People don't like ideas being shoved down their throats. I think the biggest task we will have to get a consensus is to educate people as to the "Why" of the future of striped bass fishing.

If we can get an appreciable number of people to wrap their heads around that concept, that's half the battle.

surfwalker
09-21-2009, 08:08 PM
I agree with the prior posts, but let’s see if we can get the whole coast to go for Game Fish Status first and then work from there on the possession limits (standard throughout the states). I am all for educating the masses on the “Why” part. Many newcomers have never experienced a Striperless season and they should be advised on what brought those seasons about. Then attitudes might be willing to change.

dogfish
09-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Many newcomers have never experienced a Striperless season and they should be advised on what brought those seasons about. Then attitudes might be willing to change.

well-said:thumbsup: