PDA

View Full Version : Tendonitis in my shoulder

plugginpete
09-21-2009, 07:31 PM
I've been having trouble lately with pain in my shoulder. I finally went to the doc and was told that I have severe tendonitis in my shoulder. It bothers me most when I cast. I have no intentions of giving up fishing. Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any tricks to help when casting?

surfwalker
09-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I’ve had this problem for quite a few years, so bad that the shoulders actually click. You can try and ignore the pain and get used to the grimace, take advil before during and after your time at the wetline, try not to overcast or power cast, let the stick load up and do the work for you. Many times I will side cast instead of over the shoulder, not as stressful on the shoulder, to me anyway.

captnemo
09-21-2009, 08:21 PM
What surfwalker said, plus I don't know what kind of rod you are using, but a higher end rod will be lighter and much kinder to your shoulder as you cast. Good luck.

nitestrikes
09-21-2009, 08:39 PM
take advil before during and after your time at the wetline

The advil is good if you let it build up in your bloodstream. Try to up your dosage frequency if you feel it is not working. It's not the amount, but the constant presence of it in your body that helps.

clamchucker
09-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Getting older, pete? Welcome to the wonders of being an old fart. What I try to do is sidecast, and as mentioned, I throw the lightest rod possible for the conditions. In the spring with the big bunker I have a 12' stick. Now I am getting by with a 9' tsunami for these fall bass. You could venture into some of the lighter St Croix models as well. It depends on how much you want to spend. The more often you fish, the more important it is to have lighter but sturdy gear.

baitstealer
09-22-2009, 05:19 AM
The advil is good if you let it build up in your bloodstream. Try to up your dosage frequency if you feel it is not working. It's not the amount, but the constant presence of it in your body that helps.

You can't take to much of that otherwise it effects the other organs. I have a buddy who wife took it for some ailment. Popped them like candy. To this day he swears this is what killed her.