PDA

View Full Version : Who saw the air force fighter jets yesterday?

buckethead
09-22-2009, 11:30 AM
I saw them in the distance, then the sound, it was almost deafening. Definitely distinctive. Could they have been on manevers or something? It was very impressive to see them, one did a circle where I was, and another was so far you needed binoculars to see it.

surfwalker
09-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Heard them around 2:30pm. Flying low, didn't see them

seamonkey
09-22-2009, 12:41 PM
I heard something on the radio about them today, where a pilot flew into restricted airspace, so they scrambled to get him out. I was out by some sodbanks castnetting some bait yesterday and got a brief glimpse. The sound was more lasting than the sight because it seemed so far away. It was interesting to me that after they passed by, the sonic vibration form the sound stopped the bunker from feeding for a few minutes. Then they started up again. I had no idea that they would be affected like that.

cowherder
09-22-2009, 02:49 PM
I heard a loud whoosh like they were testing a rocket. I looked but could not see anything. I guess you hear the noise after they go by.

cardoc765
09-24-2009, 10:07 AM
I live in Hazlet and got to see them flying all around. It was awesome to see. But seamonkey is probably right. With the United Nations having meeting and the president in NY they were on high alert. But wow what a noise they left behind. Passed over my house about 6 times.