PDA

View Full Version : Stolen boats

cowherder
08-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Be on the lookout for stolen boats, they think there is an organized ring of crooks that steals a boat every time we have a bad rain or hurricane. :beatin:
This came from another site, boats were stolen from Skippers at Atlantic Highllands NJ, run by Ed and his wife.

"Got to he boat yard and for a change the gate was locked. Ok call the manager who comes by w/a key. So I ask him why now as for the past 2 years it's been unsecured. He tells me last week 3 boats were stolen out of the place under the cover of night and during a rain storm. All top of he line new models, also that this location was not the only one hit. So be careful if you dry slip on a trailer. he sys they were insured but hey Still sounds like a Organized Crime Ring Operation for parts to me."

plugcrazy
08-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Must be a good market for stolen boat parts, cutting up the hulls might be a problem though, or do you suppose they drag it out into the ocean and sink it after they strip the electronics, motors, etc?:don't know why:

storminsteve
08-28-2009, 05:57 PM
^^ An expensive source of artificial reef material. The guys doing it probably don't care that they might be causing people to go to other marinas, they figure it's covered by insurance, no big deal.:2flip:

cardoc765
09-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Are you kidding, those boats are probably going out of the country. I used to know a couple guys who bought boats here either good condition or in need of repair. They would fix them if needed and get good money in other countries for them. Don't know how they would get them past customs leaving our country. But that could be the case where these boats are concerned. I wouldnt be suprised.

jigfreak
09-22-2009, 06:01 PM
It is amazing how people can steal a boat. If anyone see's it contact info below:

1983 Boston whaler with a 2007, 90 HP, Yamaha. Boat was stolen 1:30 am Saturday night (9/20) from Tully’s Marina. Tully’s marina is located off Foster Ave in Hampton Bays, NY. Boat has a Sony Stereo, icom radio and Garmin GPS on it. Cops and detectives have the case and are working on it.

Owner's name is Jerry, cell # 201-741-6642
Boat info:
REG NY# 1909PG
HULL# BWCH5657M83B
1983 WHALER/MONTAUK
2007 YAMAHA Serial# 6 H 1 L -1033311.

Any information please immediately contact Jerry or South Hampton town Police.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS.

This is also worth noting as well. Gear is being stolen off a lot of boats. A friend who lives in that area sent this to me a few days prior to this boat being stolen:

"Tell the guys in your marina to take their rods off the boat. Some people robbed my boat and a bunch of other boats in Senix Marina and the surrounding area on Saturday night. They hit mastic beach on Fri night. They are taking anything gold. Little Penn 965's or anything that looks like offshore stuff. They took my wire rods with the Penn 144H's. They left the gaffs and my little fluke rods with the Shimano Charter Specials, but they took the penn 70ss spinners on St Croix rods. They seem to know what they are looking for. It seems they are working towards the east."