PDA

View Full Version : Wading and support Belts

stripermania
09-24-2009, 05:13 PM
What kind of belts do you use?

Frankiesurf
09-24-2009, 05:49 PM
I use the AS back support belt. The belt itself is kind of flimsy but the back support reminds me to keep my posture and enables me to fish longer, more comfortably.

blitzhunter
10-20-2009, 06:00 PM
I am looking to get a wader belt but was wondering if it is worth the purchase?

Rickman
10-20-2009, 09:23 PM
If you get a large wave crashing over you or fall in you will think so when it keeps most of ther water out of your waders. Make sure you get one that can be opened quickly in a emergency.

johnnysaxatilis
10-20-2009, 09:33 PM
I am looking to get a wader belt but was wondering if it is worth the purchase?

Its absolutely essential my friend. unless u wanna :boring: with the fish :thumbsup:

Monty
10-20-2009, 09:44 PM
If you wear waders, you gotta have a belt.
You fall over and fill up with water and you are doing what Johnny says.

Its absolutely essential my friend. unless u wanna :boring: with the fish :thumbsup:

vpass
10-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Like Monty, and John said. It's a safety issue. When wader fill up, the weight of the water in the legs of the waders will make it real hard to get out of the water and to safety.

The added bonus is that Aquaskin make pouches that you could but tins, and bucktails in. Also you could attach pliers and Boga grip via D ring.

clamchucker
02-19-2010, 02:22 PM
I have an old wading belt I use on the few times I venture on the jetties. I don't remember the brand, it's very worn. You folks who wear waders out there on the rocks should think of the worst that could happen if you get swept off. A wading belt is cheap life insurance.

finchaser
02-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Replaced the belt in the aquaskinz back support with a dive belt, works well, as a matter of fact only thing they make that lasts.

gjb1969
02-20-2010, 12:35 AM
i have a belt that came with my waders sometimes i use it sometimes i dont the good thing i dont wade out to far most of the time up to me knees or almost to my waistline going past that i like to stay away from :fishing:

surfstix1963
02-20-2010, 05:54 AM
I have to wear my back brace under my waders,and also have the aquaskinz like frankie said the belt could be better and I think the brace could have been a bit bigger but never go in the water w/o a belt.