PDA

View Full Version : hooks in the eye

surferman
09-25-2009, 08:44 AM
I went out the other night and caught a small bass in the eye. I kept trying to get it out without damage to the fish. I ended up cutting the hook and sliding it out.

Is there some easy way to get hooks out of weird places?

Stripercoast1
09-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Crimp the barbs on your hooks. You might lose a couple of fish due to a slack line, but it makes de-hooking way easier.

vpass
09-25-2009, 08:57 PM
That what I do. I crush all my barbs. It's easier on you and the fish. When you fish plugs long enough you'll get hooked, happen to me twice. I started crushing the barb after the second time I got hooked.

finchaser
09-25-2009, 11:36 PM
That what I do. I crush all my barbs. It's easier on you and the fish. When you fish plugs long enough you'll get hooked, happen to me twice. I started crushing the barb after the second time I got hooked.

what he said^^^^

jonthepain
09-26-2009, 10:58 AM
I replace my trebles with singles for this reason also. I got attached to a rainbow with a rapala once at round valley (dang those rapala trebles are sharp!) only to find out that I had dropped my hemo's about a mile away. it was hell every time he shook his head.

that was one long walk.

Monty
09-26-2009, 09:02 PM
When I fished with my brother in a row boat we nicknamed him Lash-Laroo (do to his casting style), he is not allowed to use lures with barbs.
All tail hooks on my plugs are single hooks.

I replace my trebles with singles for this reason also. I got attached to a rainbow with a rapala once at round valley (dang those rapala trebles are sharp!) only to find out that I had dropped my hemo's about a mile away. it was hell every time he shook his head.

that was one long walk.