PDA

View Full Version : Expected life of waders

surferman
09-29-2009, 05:27 PM
What is th average about of time you have gotten out of your waders?

Monty
09-29-2009, 05:48 PM
2 Years.....
Breathable Snowbees, they are giving me problems now (end of the second year).

seamonkey
09-30-2009, 07:22 AM
I have a pair of cabalas neoprene which have lasted 3 years. I am very happy with them.

johnnysaxatilis
09-30-2009, 03:02 PM
i guess it kinda depends on how much you fish, and how you're fishing. Like i just tore a little hole in the right but cheek from sliding off a rock, didnt know it, and then when i went to cross a lil pool to get a good rock, and got a wet cold suprise :eek:. But i've had those hodgman for 2 years and thats the first problem with em. a forced error mind you, not workmanship related

JakeF
09-30-2009, 03:07 PM
i just tore a little hole in the right but cheek from sliding off a rock

Johnny, easy to fix with a patch on the inside and some waterproof contact cement. Mine have 7 or 8 patches from similar incidents and you can hardly tell from the outside.

Also, guys, this is why you never throw out a pair of old waders! Waders never die, they just become patches :thumbsup::thumbsup:

StormCaster
09-30-2009, 03:09 PM
I have two waders that are going on nearly 30 years with no leaks. One of them is a Redball that has some wear and the other a custom kevlar wader is bullet proof.

JakeF
09-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Johnny, you are 100% correct about it being dependant on how you fish. Fishing primarily sandy beaches, they can last for a LONG time. Slide across barnacle covered rocks, and you'll be breaking out the patch kit with even the most expensive waders out there. :o