PDA

View Full Version : Today was going to be the day

rockhopper
10-01-2009, 10:05 AM
I was going out fishing last night and planned on playing hooky from work today. At the end of the day my boss told me about an important meeting this morning, that I could not miss. It was just not my time. I went out anyhow last night for a few hours anyhow. How many times a year do you play hooky?

skinner
10-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Work and family comes first for me. I take one or 2 sick days a year to fish. I don't want to lose my job. Remember that guy who took off work and was in the newsphoto at a baseball game? That would be my luck when fishing.;)

JakeF
10-01-2009, 10:55 AM
I've walked in late a few times, but I never call in "sick". I can't afford a lost day's pay. :o If I'm planning to fish during a work day, I'll use a vacation day instead.

captnemo
10-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Work and family comes first for me.

Smart man.:thumbsup:

Monty
10-01-2009, 02:36 PM
I love to surf fish.
But work is to important to mess with.
I schedule a vacation and fish when I can during the vacation.
I never play hooky to fish and have never arived late from fishing.

surfwalker
10-01-2009, 03:58 PM
I save most of my time off for the fall. I use some time during the year, but the bulk of my days off are in the fall, like today. They are always told that I won't be in on a certain day, never a surprise. The next two months I may take one or two days a week off, dependiing on how bad the itch is. And yes, don't play the hook, it will catch up to you ("Hey, why is your face so wind burned?")

Frankiesurf
10-01-2009, 06:06 PM
I will call in whenever I know I am going to be out fishing for a while and useless for work. If I know ahead of time I take a day off. I get personal days, vacation days, sick days and comp time so there is rarely a problem. Recently though, my fishing has been held to some Friday or Saturday nights because of the work on RT 58 in Riverhead. I have been working overnights as well as the days before and after and raking in the OT and Comp time. It sucks and I never sleep anymore but is worth it in the long run.

seamonkey
10-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Every once in a while when the tyrant :devil: gets to be too much I call in sick and head out to the surf.

johnnysaxatilis
10-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Because there is only 4 of us that work every day in the golf shop including my boss the head professional that literally run the entire operation of the golf course, sick days aren't an option. If i took a sick day it would make the other guys day living hell dealing with all the little stuff i could handle easily. Im friends with these 4 guys so Its as simple as i wouldnt do it to them ha. Doesnt mean we dont come in sometimes hung over, tired, sick, and useless on occasion. But just being there goes a long way. working 6 days no matter wat is a grind tho, wish i could get some more :boring: from time to time