PDA

View Full Version : Snakes

buckethead
10-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Have you ever come across a snake while walking out to your fishing spot?

Pebbles
10-07-2009, 08:53 AM
There was this one time Rich and I were at SH. While driving down the road on the way back from catching nothing, we came across this snake. Being a guy he had to stop the truck and start poking it with a stick.

I am deathly afraid of snakes and remember screaming at him "Don't you dare touch that, get in the car right now" just like I was his mother or something. He ended up moving it to the side of the road. To this day it is one of our standing jokes between us. At the time I did not think it was funny but now I do find humor in my reaction.

DarkSkies
10-07-2009, 12:22 PM
There was an even better time when we found one on the scenic drive through the Blue Ridge mountains. You said you wanted to see "nature and animals" so being the dutiful guy, I found your nature for ya. It was dead on the side of the road. If I remember correctly I picked that one up with a stick as well. It was a little bigger than the one at SH, and I told ya not to worry, it was dead, as it looked like it was run over by a car.

The coolest thing as you were yelling at me was when the dead snake came back to life and started squrming as I was moving it on the stick. Aren't ya glad I didn't bring it back to the car to show ya? :laugh:

It's not only cats that have 9 lives, I guess! ;)