PDA

View Full Version : Two nights out

blitzhunter
10-15-2009, 10:21 AM
When I plan for a two night stretch of fishing, sleeping in the truck for an hour at a time I have to plan. I make sure all my gear is working, all the tackle I need is packed. I go with two coolers. One for bait, one for food. Water, energy drink, and some sort of solid food. I pack cold chicken, meatball sandwiches, and one of my favorites chili made by my wife. Sometimes she makes extra beef stew.

She packages it in smaller containers and freezes them. All I have to do is heat them up. I can either put them in a thermos or eat them cold.

What are some of the tricks or specialties you utilize for food when fishing?

JakeF
10-15-2009, 11:20 AM
A jar of strawberry jelly, a jar of chunky peanut butter and a couple loaves of bread will fill my tummy for a few days and I don't have to worry about keeping it cold. Cheap, easy and quick. :thumbsup:

dogfish
10-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Water, energy drink, and some sort of solid food. I pack cold chicken, meatball sandwiches, and one of my favorites chili made by my wife. Sometimes she makes extra beef stew.

She packages it in smaller containers and freezes them. All I have to do is heat them up. I can either put them in a thermos or eat them cold.

What are some of the tricks or specialties you utilize for food when fishing?

Sounds like you have a helluva nice wife there, wanna trade?:naughty: What Jake said, I live on pbj sammiches, make them on the sub rolls, it makes it seem like it's more of a meal than it is.

Frankiesurf
10-17-2009, 10:25 AM
PB & J is numero uno. I also pack granola bars and trail mix. Both of which you can easily pack your jacket or waders for a quick snack on the beach.

I bring a gallon or two of water a few sodas a few brews and sometimes a bit of whiskey to help me nap.