PDA

View Full Version : Bomber Pencils

SharkHart
10-16-2009, 11:48 AM
So i saw the new Bomber brand pencils, nice and shiny silver, half the price of wood. Im thinking why not. Amazingly they don't post the weight on the box but i thought maybe it was a 2 oz due to the size. I bought one and gave it a go. After casting one and casting a 2oz wood. The bomber seems like 1 3/4 oz so i cant cast it as good. The side to side action is poor compared to wood too. So much for saving a few bucks. I guess this will be the blues in the wash plug.

fishinmission78
10-16-2009, 12:15 PM
I tried them too, like the cheap Tsunami wood. I say they are good to use when there are a lot of bluefish around. Otherwise I wish they would make them a little heavier. Maybe they really don't understand their market.

VSdreams
10-16-2009, 09:27 PM
I tried them too, like the cheap Tsunami wood. .

I don't know if you mean cheap like poor quality or cheap like good value, but I like the Tsunamis. I don't think they will hold up to a pounding on the rocks, but it's a lot less aggravating to lose a tsunami than a $35 plug. Of course, the standard bomber plugs are some of my favorite plugs for the rocks and rough surf in the fall. You can't go wrong, lose one and you're only out $6.

SharkHart
10-16-2009, 09:56 PM
most plugs are reverse engineered or "borrowed" designs I thought it be hard to mess up a pencil :don't know why:

finchaser
10-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Same as Cotton Cordell's Pradco is changing all saltwater lures to the Bomber Label