PDA

View Full Version : Average time

Pebbles
10-17-2009, 11:34 AM
I know Dark has no problem spending a couple days out fishing. I was wondering what is the average amount of time you spend out on the surf at one time?

surfwalker
10-17-2009, 01:30 PM
When younger, I used to sleep in the car to keep fresh and there was no limit to when I would leave, maybe days. I got tired of the police knocking on my drivers’ window, harassing me and calling me a vagrant. Or the Rangers giving me a written warning and threatening to ban me from a park for sleeping in a car. Now I just take daily trips down. My time at the wetline varies from season to season. In the spring I might put in a 7 hour day. In the summer I’ll be down early morning and plug into first light, maybe 5-6 hours. In the fall my time is unlimited, if it’s productive and I’m content I’ll stay and if it’s unproductive and I am not content with the effort, I’ll also stay. In the fall I may stay anywhere from 8 to 14 hours. In the winter months (Dec/Jan), it depends on how long my hands can take it, mostly short trips. In the dead of winter there are endless hours of time spent thinking of the surf. I enjoy beating the water with my plugs.

Monty
10-17-2009, 08:58 PM
My weekly jaunt is OTW ~ 1:15 AM and finish up between 8:00 and 10:00 AM. Excluding vacations and holidays I can only get 1x per week. Vacation coming up in November :dribble:

gjb1969
10-17-2009, 10:05 PM
when i am not out with dark its abought 4 5 hrs when i am close to home when its warm my longest is a day and a half :)

finchaser
10-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Use to fish club surf tounaments back in the day from midnight Friday to 9 AM Sunday with cat naps in the truck.