PDA

View Full Version : How do you fish this?

porgy75
10-20-2009, 06:17 PM
I have this new spot I came upon. The problem is that light shines on the water. I was told to fish the dark line of the water right on the edge of the light. Is this where fish would be hanging out? I thought I should move down the shore and be in more darkness.

surfstix1963
10-21-2009, 03:57 AM
The light would attract bait which should attract the fish,the shadowline is what you were told to fish, bait usually stays toward the lit side and the fish cruise the dark side sneaking up on the bait.The fish will not be there all the time so try fishing the dark side you may be suprised what lurks there.What & how to fish it depends on a lot of variables water depth,currents,tide,prevailing bait need to experiment with new spots.Take notes

stripercrazy
12-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Surfstix nailed it. You want the shadowline, the transition between the 2. If is is near a bridge and you are looking from above, you can sometimes see the shadows of big bass waiting for the food to come to them. If it is near shore, try to drop your presentation into the lighted area and work it slowly into the shadow area.

bluesdude71
12-29-2009, 03:18 PM
If you are jigging try tossing it just beyond the shadow line into the darkness. You'll know within minutes if they are there or not.