PDA

View Full Version : Gratitude

DarkSkies
10-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Just for today, I wanted to put out a separate post to give thanks for all the firemen everywhere.

You see these guys standing around the firehouses. We have all heard the stories about hanging out, the wild times that happen when people have too much idle time on their hands. :naughty:

Yet the moment they are needed, they spring into action, treating your problem and property as if it were their own. They are intensely committed to saving lives and safety.

I thank God they were quick and did their job with efficiency. It could have been a lot worse. So on behalf of me and my family, thanks to all the firemen and police out there, and for what you do, in keeping us safe! :clapping: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

storminsteve
10-26-2009, 05:42 PM
I hope it wasn't anything serious Rich, and that you and your family are ok. Where would we be without firemen.:thumbsup:

captnemo
10-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Hope the family and you are all right. One of my nephews is fireman, the other is a cop. It's nice to see they are appreciated. They definitely don't see much gratitude when they are writing tickets.

bababooey
10-26-2009, 08:00 PM
They definitely don't see much gratitude when they are writing tickets.

No offense, I don't think people have much gratitude for a proctologist and an anal exam either, even though it can save your life.;)
Sounds like there may be a little more to that story, Rich. I sent you a pm, let me know if there's anything I can do.

cowherder
10-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Hey dark I hope everything turns out for the best.

DarkSkies
10-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the concern here and in the calls and pms. I didn't want to get into too many details. There was a fire, but my Mom didn't lose her house, it can be fixed. Yesterday she broke her leg when going down the stairs where she is now staying. I know I can handle a lot, but I pray God doesn't give my Mom more than she can handle. She's a fantastic woman and doesn't deserve the hassles. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.gif Thanks again, all. :thumbsup:

clamchucker
10-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Sending some prayers your way, Dark.

gjb1969
10-28-2009, 01:34 PM
:HappyWave:things will be ok dude u do some much for others the good will come back to u:clapping:so keep your head up

finchaser
10-28-2009, 04:44 PM
prayers sent you need anything call me

c4charlie
10-29-2009, 01:12 AM
Dark,

Our family is sorry to hear all of this bad news. Wish you the best and if you need anything let me know.

wish4fish
10-29-2009, 01:23 PM
dark if u need a hand just holla, bro

dogfish
10-29-2009, 02:56 PM
I hope things work out for the best for you and your family.

DarkSkies
11-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Thanks again for all the offers. We're still looking to thank a few brave people. Some neighbors who have greeted my Mom as they walk past her house and admire her flowers were the ones who initially saw and reported the fire. They are not really well-known to her, she doesn't even know their names.

They thought she might be inside, and busted down all the doors as they went inside looking to save her. We thought the police did that, but found out it was the people in the area. These 2 guys don't live right down the street, they live some distance away, so some might not consider them neighbors. We're not even sure where they live at this point.

Yet they were concerned enough to think she might be inside, unconscious, and ran into a burning house to try to find her. :thumbsup:

You never know when you'll get your opportunity to help someone on a small or large scale. Seize every opportunity like it's your last. We're grateful those guys did. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

lostatsea
11-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. If you need anything PM me.