PDA

View Full Version : Favorite way to fish poll

Monty
10-27-2009, 09:09 PM
What is your favorite way to fish for stripers

DarkSkies
10-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Ya set it up for only one possible answer Monty. :don't know why: ;) Maybe that's the only way Vbulletin works, no other options. I would have checked off more than one based on time of year.

That being said, there's something primal inside me that gets an adrenaline thrill on getting something to explode on the surface. Sometimes when the water is colder ya gotta jig em up from the bottom. But the surface strike, the explosion of water, the tail swat or the huge mouth opening as it comes up to attack and kill your plug, it's addictive as anything for me. It never gets old. :D

Monty
10-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Dark the other option was there. Just wanted to see #1 choice. I agree about the awesome rush we get with the pencils. But I have now really enjoy catching on metal lips. Thinking back this year the catches on metal lips stand out. Its become my favorite way to try and trick stripers.

Ya set it up for only one possible answer Monty. :don't know why: ;) Maybe that's the only way Vbulletin works, no other options. I would have checked off more than one based on time of year.

That being said, there's something primal inside me that gets an adrenaline thrill on getting something to explode on the surface. Sometimes when the water is colder ya gotta jig em up from the bottom. But the surface strike, the explosion of water, the tail swat or the huge mouth opening as it comes up to attack and kill your plug, it's addictive as anything for me. It never gets old. :D

DarkSkies
10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
My obtuseness is unbelievable then. ;)

I only use pencils in the spring, so if you'll allow more choices, I would say:
1. Topwater, spooks and other swimmers
2. Metal lips - got one of my biggest late spring bass on a danny
3. Jigs and bucktails, the thrill is in the movement and the effective presentation.

Monty
10-27-2009, 09:45 PM
I started using Hogys (fishing, not eating) late summer.
Some awesome hits in the quiet hot dark nights.
They moved up the ladder real quick for me to my #2 choice.
Pencils are my #3.

fishinmission78
10-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Metal catches everything right now.

rockhopper
10-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Bucktails, you can catch almost anytime of the year on them. I can't, but then again I have a lot to learn.:D

ledhead36
11-02-2009, 07:03 PM
You left out jigs and rubbah there buddy.;) :thumbsup:Unless you wanted to include it with the shads, or bucktails. My point is that there are some of us that used lead with rubber long before those fancy sluggos were invented. I also like metal lipped plugs in the warmer months.

Frankiesurf
11-02-2009, 07:45 PM
I love catching on Bucktails. I account it to applied knowledge when I am successful which brings me even more confidence. Plus the fact that most of the bucks I use, I tied myself which makes it even sweeter.

gjb1969
11-02-2009, 10:45 PM
i use many things when i fish but for me bunker chunks is king:cool:

stripercrazy
11-05-2009, 01:35 PM
I use different things depending on where I fish. I like darters when fishing inlets or deeper water, needlefish when fishing the sand beaches. And there is nothing wrong with using a bomber, it will consistently catch more fish than a dozen other plugs combined. Right now I am using tins because of all the whitebait around.

storminsteve
02-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Like others said, I like different approaches depending on the time of year. One of my favorites it the explosions on top water, so I voted for that.

rip316
02-06-2010, 09:05 PM
There's no mention of trolling. I like trolling with stretch plugs and umbrellas. Lazy fishing. hahahhaha but very expensive.

surfstix1963
02-07-2010, 06:10 AM
I like to fool them on metal lips ,top water is a rush watching them follow and anticipating when they will strike underwater lures work but then it becomes total reaction time you feel it and set the hook or lose it.Although I am not a big bait guy my biggest bass come on eels and bunker heads.

plugcrazy
02-07-2010, 12:00 PM
I like the action I get with the top water. I have caught my fair share with them.