PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Hot Color

Monty
10-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Has anyone noticed a certain color plug or teaser that stood out this year as a go to color.
This Sunday a friend I was fishing with got 2 bass on a chartreuse teaser. Saw some recent pics on another site and looked like the same color teaser.
Nothing for me stood out this year (yet).

vpass
10-28-2009, 09:35 AM
I tied a few teaser in differnt colors. The teaser color I had most action on were black over orange. I used orange buctail as a base, grizzle hackle in the middle, and peacock herl on top, but since the first nor'easter it stopped producing.

Guys last night were getting them on 4 or 6 inch black sluggos. I'm going to buy some today.

what Colors plugs I use, black, Blurple. Since I been fishing nights alot black is all I use. If during the day school bus, white, and parrot.

BassBuddah
10-28-2009, 10:00 AM
For teasers I like white unless all the water is whitewater, then I like chartreuse. Black or dark at night.

lostatsea
10-28-2009, 01:54 PM
For plugs I choose depending on full or new moon stage, otherwise I like black at night, lighter or silvery colors in the day hours. For teasers I like chartreuse. I don't know for sure if that gets me more fish, but it seems more visible to them. For example when we drift for fluke in the summer we like to put some kind of gulp chartreuse or rubber tail near the bait. I don't know if that is a confidence tbing or not. They say you catch more fish when you believe in what you are using (within reason).

jigfreak
10-28-2009, 10:22 PM
white teasers:thumbsup:

c4charlie
10-29-2009, 01:15 AM
For me, it is more about the profile than color. Never can go wrong with blurple at night.

I actually caught a couple on a white xrap at night in some serious white water. AND I catch a lot of fish on that white/clear lure called a glass ghost. All about the profile, color is overrated.