PDA

View Full Version : Friday

SharkHart
11-03-2009, 04:50 PM
If the weather forecast holds and thats always a big IF, this looks the kinda day I look for surf fishing

High: 45 °F RealFeel®: 33 °F
Partly sunny, NW winds gusting past 40 mph and chilly

cold front with hard NW winds coming off S winds, nothing is etched in stone but that could be sweet :heart:

Monty
11-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Is it this set-up that is so good (change from south to north west)? Of so why?
I always prefer some wind in my face. I fish when I can, so I go no matter what the wind direction/weather is. But my confidence level goes up with wind in my face. With a north west, depending upon the time of the year, I would go bayside and cast into it some what. Would really like to see yours and others opinions on this. My thought pattern is the wind/wave action/current is pushing bait in that direction. My better days have been with the wind in my face, maybe how I fish (or that I don't fish with the wind at my back that often (but do at times and just do not hook up as much)). I don't have enough experience this time of year to know what weather patterns jump start the action.

jigfreak
11-03-2009, 05:58 PM
I like less wind blowing NE, before or after the storm.

SharkHart
11-03-2009, 06:22 PM
the game has changed some with sand eels taking over for peanuts, but baitfish generally swim into the wind. Nuts used to school up dead in the wash on hard NW days. But more importantly hard NW generally mean a cool front and the pressure should drop out and it will be a change off predicted south wind where they may not bite well, ideally they will strap on the feedbag when the front comes through. Just likea storm with NE winds the pressure drops out and it bascially sends a signal to their brain time to chow down. The winds are really a by product of the weather patterns. should be able to work the outer side of the bar too.

bababooey
11-04-2009, 03:56 PM
If the weather forecast holds and thats always a big IF, this looks the kinda day I look for surf fishing

High: 45 °F RealFeel®: 33 °F
Partly sunny, NW winds gusting past 40 mph and chilly

cold front with hard NW winds coming off S winds, nothing is etched in stone but that could be sweet :heart:

I don't know about that Shark, how accurate is your computer? :D

I'll bet a 6pack that it starts Saturday at Exactly 12:29 pm in the afternoon, in occo, in nomoco but not the rest of moco. There will be blues in nomoco to 11.76lbs, bass in occo to 13.98lbs, and a smattering of smaller bass in each town near an inlet, skipping the rotation with each successive inlet. There will also be a massive school of hickory shad that gets corraled into the jetties by 5lb blues, and scattered schools of peanut bunker. I'll give you odds of 2:1, one of my six pacls to 2 of yours. Want in on the action?:plastered:

SharkHart
11-04-2009, 06:51 PM
the forecast already changed with the winds coming early, I cant tell if your being smart *** or what? I have done well in NW gales, history tends to repeat.

i totally get that internet shannigans are fun and in the real world you wouldnt say **** to my face but I am Just trying to help some others on here.

I ll let you know how I do

Monty
11-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Sharkhart, I start looking at the weather report Thursday for my Sunday morning fishing. Its amazing how on Saturday that report on Thursday/Friday is completely useless. Marine forcasts shot, wind shot. Last few weeks especially weather has changed quickly. Anyway, good skill to you out there, will see how it goes with the weather/fishing, I am getting out there tomorrow morning.

finchaser
11-04-2009, 07:57 PM
I agree with Shark.

IMO the fall is always better on west/ North west winds. Northeasters in fall cause fish to move offshore. The first day of a northeast is good then it forces bait and fish to move off out of casting range. Northwest pushes bait out of rivers and bays and down the beach in the fall.

Take this week
Monday Northeast fair to good ( wind came up too fast)
Tuesday poor
Wednesday as in today Northwest fantastic

Last week NE
1st day great
2nd day fair
3rd and 4th days poor
Saturday so so
Sunday west winds all out slaughter.

My log books show this pattern for ever.
This October, the last 3 weeks I have personally caught 67 bass 3/4 on the west north west direction.

4 of my friends scored over 70 bass today mostly keepers the same group had maybe 12 on Monday

IMO NE and night in the fall S--K.

Myself and others who have fished bass for over 40 years have caught very few of our big fish 30,40 and 50's in Northeasters.

In the fall,tackle shops build up NE to sell clams.

cowherder
11-05-2009, 11:37 AM
It looks like a lot of you keep log books. I don't catch a lot so I thought it would be a stupid idea to have a log. Maybe now I should start keeping one. Thanks for sharing that info fellas. I hope you're right and I am going to try to be out there on Friday afternoon.

bababooey
11-05-2009, 03:54 PM
the forecast already changed with the winds coming early, I cant tell if your being smart *** or what? I have done well in NW gales, history tends to repeat.

i totally get that internet shannigans are fun and in the real world you wouldnt say **** to my face but I am Just trying to help some others on here.

I ll let you know how I do

Hey Sharkhart, it was all in fun. If you are on any of the internet sites you will have a dozen threads predicting when something will happen, or guys going on and on about their "blitzmeters" are going off. In 10% of the responses they know what they're talking about, and keep logs, like you said you do. The other 90% are some of the most inane responses I have ever read.:argue:
I was more poking fun at the idea that you can exactly predict when something will happen in nature, when predators will decide to kill something. And also trying to have some fun by BB you at the same time. Like watching the wildebeest migreation and picking the exact ones the lions will kill.:kooky:
I fish maybe once a week during good weather, and a lot less when the weather is bad. TV, a cold alcoholic beverage, and time with the fam are the extent of my roaming, so I get a kick out of BB here. Most people know when I'm doing it, even Dark is not off-limits to my quips and observations. Hope you don't take it personal. I see you do know how to catch fish. So if you took offense to it I apologize :thumbsup:

finchaser
11-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Yesterday and today on the west /northewest was fantastic with out blitz condidions, in some cases double headers for almost an hour.

killie
11-05-2009, 09:48 PM
dammit

SharkHart
11-05-2009, 10:10 PM
fished dusk to about 8 and it was niceeeee :naughty::lookhappy: Love a good NW blow Lots of fish 26 to 31" I never even moved more then 5 feet , about 5 people fishing one hole everyone was into the teens or better, this will sustain for next 24 hours:dribble:

finchaser
11-06-2009, 10:28 AM
love it bass into the dark last night mutiply double headers then bass and blues today

Gotta love the NW:kiss: in the fall :fishing: can't beat wind at your back.

SharkHart
11-06-2009, 11:47 AM
UNBELIVABLE ACTION! bass blitzed at first light stayed for 45 mins then slowed sme for about 45 mins then they came back hard and stayed to 10:30 Blues joined the party too

DarkSkies
11-06-2009, 10:54 PM
If SharkHart ever starts a business selling winning lottery numbers, I'm in!
WTG man, you nailed it. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

crosseyedbass
11-07-2009, 08:02 AM
WTG man! :dribble:I haven't seen a blitz all season, maybe tonight will be my lucky night.

finchaser
11-07-2009, 10:01 PM
another NW blow on tap for Wednesday:drool: