PDA

View Full Version : After the rain

porgy75
11-04-2009, 06:12 PM
My buddy tried to tell me today never to go fishing after a storm or rain. Said the water is too muddy and fishing is near impossible. I thought that fishing after a storm was a good idea. Is it possible to be successful after a storm?

finchaser
11-04-2009, 09:48 PM
He's mostly wrong it's good unless you fish a river where there is allot of run off from streets

The ocean gets churned up and dirty from rough seas not rain.

Ocean also gets dirty where rivers empty into it usually takes a couple of tides or up to 2 days to clean up really dirty surf

We slammed fish yesterday afternoon and all day today after Mondays wind storm with light rain, all storms don't have heavy rain with run off

nitestrikes
11-05-2009, 11:58 AM
He's mostly wrong it's good unless you fish a river where there is allot of run off from streets

I agree with finchaser. Let's say you have a river that empties into somewhere. That area might be muddy but you could find an area to the side, like a protected marina or harbor or something, that would have good fishing. A bay can get churned up when there is a lot of rain and will look like chocolate milk. If you fish with bait that shouldn't matter much. Fishing with artificials, try to find the clearer water in that area. It takes some work to drive around like that, and a lot of people would rather say don't fish there.