PDA

View Full Version : Lost and found in NJ: Fishermens' and other finds

plugaholic
12-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Thought it would be a good idea to post up some lost and found, or anything you see. Maybe we can help reunite some of these things with the owners.

bababooey
12-11-2008, 12:00 PM
:moon: I lost my mind a few years ago. Does that count?

DarkSkies
11-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Over the weekend I talked to quite a few people who lost stuff. I felt bad for them. Thanks for starting this thread.

Feel free to post it up, whether you know the person or just saw it posted somewhere else. The more places we can get this info out, the better the chances of getting it back To them. :thumbsup:

DarkSkies
11-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Met a fisherman driving around looking for the owner. He brought the bag to the PP police station, but still wanted to get the word out to as many people as possible.

If you or someone you know lost a bag in that area, call the Point Pleasant police. Describe the bag you lost and it's contents, if it's yours you'll get it back.

Good karma to the guy who went above and beyond to try to return that bag to its owner. :clapping::clapping:

DarkSkies
11-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Someone sent this via e-mail.

Lost rod and reel.
Call Wally at (732)-458-3663

:clapping::clapping: for Wally!

finchaser
11-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Wally is a good friend and great guy:thumbsup:

madcaster
11-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Here's a tip ....just takes 5 min...but your name and contact number in your bag somewhere.:thumbsup:

DarkSkies
11-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Here's a tip ....just takes 5 min...but your name and contact number in your bag somewhere.:thumbsup:

Good advice. :learn:

DarkSkies
11-29-2009, 11:05 PM
G and I found it today when we fished S of PP in OC.

It wasn't a high-end setup, but I'm sure whoever lost it is bummed out. For obvious reasons I can't give more details. We posted a note on my van with my phone # as we went fishin.

However, no one called me yet, and I would really like to see this returned to it's rightful owner. :thumbsup:

If you can contact me via PM or e-mail and tell me the street you lost it on and the make of the rod and reel, I'll be happy to return it.

If people read other message boards and want to post it up there as well, feel free. If I can't find the owner within 7-10 days, I'm gonna give it to someone I know who doesn't have much gear, or money to buy gear.

So please get in touch with me before I do that. Thanks, people.

jigfreak
11-30-2009, 01:33 PM
However, no one called me yet, and I would really like to see this returned to it's rightful owner. :thumbsup:

If people read other message boards and want to post it up there as well, feel free. If I can't find the owner within 7-10 days, I'm gonna give it to someone I know who doesn't have much gear, or money to buy gear.

Good mojo on you dark. I hope it gets back to whoever lost it.

DarkSkies
12-03-2009, 09:47 PM

It wasn't a high-end setup, but I'm sure whoever lost it is bummed out. For obvious reasons I can't give more details. We posted a note on my van with my phone # as we went fishin.

If you can contact me via PM or e-mail and tell me the street you lost it on and the make of the rod and reel, I'll be happy to return it.

Hey people I still have this rod and reel combo and would like to see it get back to its original owner. If anyone hears of someone who lost a combo south of Point Pleasant on 11/29 please let them or me know.

Another 7 days and I'll be giving away to someone else, so I would really like to make sure no one is actively looking for it before I do. Thanks, all. :thumbsup:

buckethead
12-04-2009, 04:31 PM
I thought you had to hold it for 30 days before it becomes yours. At the end of the 30 I'll email you telling you it belongs to my long lost uncle Joe.:D

DarkSkies
12-04-2009, 11:59 PM
I thought you had to hold it for 30 days before it becomes yours. At the end of the 30 I'll email you telling you it belongs to my long lost uncle Joe.:D

I'll do ya one better than that. If you can produce your long lost Uncle Joe, and he can tell me the street he lost it on, I'll give it back to ya with a brand new plug attached to it! ;) :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
12-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Found in a nomoco parking lot 12-4-09. If you know who lost it, let me know and I'll get it back to them ASAP. thanks.

DarkSkies
12-25-2009, 07:02 PM

We found the owner yesterday, happy ending to the story. :thumbsup:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=5582

Still waiting for someone to claim that Platte River cap, though.

rip316
12-25-2009, 09:30 PM
:clapping:That rod and reel belongs to me and it was returned to me on xmas eve by darkskies. Unbelievable. Thats all I can say.

DarkSkies
04-14-2010, 01:57 PM
I found a cell phone and fishermen's knife after fishing this morning, Monmouth county, Raritan Bay.

Phone: T-mobile
Knife: fisherman's knife, name brand

For obvious reasons I can't give more details. The phone looks like the battery died and may have some damage.

However, I believe the phone contacts may still be able to be transferred or downloaded. I really want to get this back to it's owner. My phone took a dump last week and it was a bummer to lose my contacts. :( I can imagine how this guy must feel.

Feel free to let anyone at any site out there know about this. If anyone can pm or e-mail me here at the site with details of the phone and knife, I'll do my best to get it back to ya ASAP.

DarkSkies
04-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Bump for this guy's phone. I'lll try to hold on to it for another 30 days before I get rid of it.

DarkSkies
05-02-2010, 11:28 PM
This was somewhere in Monmouth county today, in the afternoon, around 1pm. We and some others used it a few times to get our fish in, and realized as we went to leave that someone left it there.

I can't describe it for obvious reasons. If you or someone you know lost one on today 5-2 in that area, e-mail me with a description.

I would really like to see this net get back to it's rightful owner.:thumbsup:

joesfishinproblem
05-03-2010, 09:22 PM
hey fellas found a bucket today in monouth county with several luers and other items in it if u lost it let me know...btw i will be using plugs in case of an emergency lol :argue::moon: jfp

DarkSkies
10-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Joe, did the bucket look anything like this? ;)

This was sent to me by one of our members.

"Found some gear yesterday and would like to get it back. Tell me where you lost it and what you lost."

BillDude, a kayaker friend of mine, found some kayak gear on 10/7/10. If you lost it, please contact him and he'll be glad to return ASAP.

Good mojo on ya Bill!

seamonkey
11-24-2010, 09:51 PM
The guy who lost it posted it on another forum. He lost it in Wildwood on Nov22, and hey, you never know, the more forums you post it on the better your chances are.

"Fishing in N. Wildwood today. Left the beach using the 1st Ave. exit. I lost my Aqua Skins surf bag somewhere along the way. It's the small, black, 4 tube bag, it had a wooden needle eel plug, krocodile, hopkins with a spro bucktail attached, x-rap lure, and 2 snag hooks. If anyone finds it, I would greatly appreciate its return. I'll even throw in a fishing trip by truck or boat to anyone who finds and returns it. You can reach me at: 609-425-9401.

Thanks!"

basshunter
04-18-2011, 10:50 AM
I saw this on another site, and maybe some one might be able to help this guy. His internet name is jlapenta, here is the post-

"Had a senior moment this week, left a cabellas tackle bag at Cliffwood Beach last Thursday evening. Had a couple of containers inside, one with tackle, second one with a few plugs, headlight, sweatshirt.

I know its a long shot, but I thought I'd put it out there, in case someone ran across (or over) it."

surferman
04-27-2011, 09:06 PM
lost bag in AH, the guy posted on aother site

Reward if FOUND and RETURNED!!
Went Fishing out of the Highlands (108 Marina Bay Court) last week with Cpt Ray Burke of the Madd Gaffer. Had a great trip but left a small black tackle bag some where at the dock or in the parking lot. It had a lot of winter flounder rigs in it as well as some colored sinkers, circle hooks and leader material. I wouldnt be as upset about it if most of the winter flounder rigs in the bag weren't made by my father right before he passed. Any help in finding it would be greatly appreciated and rewarded. Thank you!! please email me at ConlonandCo@hotmail.com (ConlonandCo@hotmail.com) or call 610-385-3091 if it is found.

hookset
04-28-2011, 06:04 AM
Good karma to you for posting that. He said those rigs were made by his father. He may never see that bag again but at least its worth a try. Thats one of the nicest things about this site, strangers trying their best to help each other.

bababooey
05-07-2011, 12:24 PM
lost bag in AH, the guy posted on aother site

. Any help in finding it would be greatly appreciated and rewarded. Thank you!! please email me at ConlonandCo@hotmail.com (ConlonandCo@hotmail.com) or call 610-385-3091 if it is found.

Just a fyi, dudes, there is a $100 reward for that bag.
This was posted by the guy that lost it, Uncle Connie I think his name is.

"$100.00 Reward still stands!!
Its still out there some where... "

Shorelady
05-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Found a kayak cart at the Allenhurst Boardwalk this afternoon. They are at the Police department. Call and describe them. 732 531-2255.

jigfreak
07-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Capt loses tuna gear and dog when car is stolen.
Man if they took my car with my dog, God help them if they found them, I would break thier legs with a baseball bat! Ristori reported this on Tues. Hope you get the dog back, Capt. "Capt. Lou Grazioso of Striper Mania suffered more than a material loss when his car was stolen in Hazlet a couple of days ago, as his four-year-old yellow lab, Dusty, was in the car. Grazioso's tuna tackle, including Shimano rods and reels, was also in the car. Anyone hearing of Shimano tuna tackle being offered for sale by individuals should get in touch with the police and call Grazioso at 732 687-7673 as that clue could lead to recovery of the one thing he's most concerned about -- his dog."

Shorelady
07-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Found a kayak cart at the Allenhurst Boardwalk this afternoon. They are at the Police department. Call and describe them. 732 531-2255.

Cart was claimed over the weekend. A fellow kayker who was with me when I found the cart was at Allenhurst over the weekend and saw a guy dragging his yak down the cement ramp. He made a suggestion to him about getting a cart. The guy replies that he had left it on the boardwalk at Allenhurst a few months ago. My fellow yaker told him I had found one and it was at the police station. The guy who lost his cart described it perfectly. He was one very happy and thankful kayaker!
What are the odds of one person who was with me, running into the guy who lost it a few months later...??

hookset
07-26-2011, 10:48 AM
^ Wow how much of a coincidence is that! Great story shorelady, may that act act of kindness bring you a giant fluke this season.

plugginpete
07-26-2011, 06:39 PM
As the world turns, one good deed deserves another. Good for you shorelady, must be a great feeling to get that back to him.:clapping:

DarkSkies
07-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Judy is someone who has always been considerate and thoughtful of others. Great story on the return, Judy, thanks for sharing. :clapping: :thumbsup:

hookedonbass
07-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Nice to see something returned back to its owner, good job shorelady!

Shorelady
10-03-2011, 05:27 AM
One of the Kayakers that came in at Monmouth Beach on Sunday 10/2 had a pretty rough landing and lost his mirage drive. (a mirage drive is about 3 foot long, has pedals and fins and propels hobie kayaks) They are also very expensive. If anyone finds it, please call him at 973-896-5377.

DarkSkies
10-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Very nice of ya to do that, Shorelady. :thumbsup:
In my travels the last 24 hours, I passed by there, no sign of the drive.

I'm thinkin it would be a good idea to post a sign up by the entrance there. Maybe I'll call him and suggest it. The thing is, when something like this happens, the intel needs to get out there ASAP, and delivered in different mediums. There are many out there who have no use for the internet and are there every day. I talked to 3 such fishermen this morning. If they found something like that they would be more than happy to get it back to John, if they only knew he was looking for it.
Thanks as always for doing your part. :HappyWave:

hookset
10-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Good mojo on you guys for trying to get the guy his stuff back.

porgy75
10-10-2011, 05:12 PM
lost tackle manahawkin - the guy posted this on another site

Looks like someones bucket blew out of their truck going over the 72 causway. Bucket is shot but I have your tackle. Give me a shout and let me know what you lost. 856.305.3748

hookset
10-14-2011, 12:47 PM
One of the Kayakers that came in at Monmouth Beach on Sunday 10/2 had a pretty rough landing and lost his mirage drive. (a mirage drive is about 3 foot long, has pedals and fins and propels hobie kayaks) They are also very expensive. If anyone finds it, please call him at 973-896-5377.

I read that a guy in MB found a drive and was asking the kayakers if anyone lost one. His name is slim and he drives a gold car. Hope you end up hooking up with him. Thanks for looking out for others.

Shorelady
10-14-2011, 05:31 PM
The owner of the drive (JKAY) finally got slim's number from the kayaker (Gus) that Slim had talked to. Slim had been dealing with a death in the family and will contact JKAY (the owner of the drive) very soon to meet him and return it. The magic of the internet and word of mouth! Thanks to so many people for asking others about the drive!

hookset
10-28-2011, 08:03 PM
^ Good news, the drive was returned, I found this report-

UPDATE - The drive was returned today. I was finally able to meet up with Slim today and he had the drive with him. He found it over a mile north of where I crashed in the surf. I gladly parted with the $100 reward that I promised him and gave him a bunch of thank you's. He then said, "let me show you some of the rivers and creeks in the area." I spent the next 75 minutes following him around to some great looking fishing grounds that had kayak launches right there or nearby. What a great guy. I got an off-the-water guide service to boot.

DarkSkies
10-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks to Judy (shorelady) for all of her efforts. I was in contact with Jkay, and we tried to get some guys together to wade the surf to look for the drive. (this was before we realized it had been found)

I reached out to members of KFS to ask them to show up and work together. I will say that some of the members there were extremely helpful, and those who couldn't show up did some work behind the scenes, trying to get this back to John.

There were quite a few others who could have helped, but didn't. (scheduling conflicts) :rolleyes:
Yet they had no scheduling conflicts in showing up there day after day, to fish for albies, good weather and bad...:huh:

So hopefully this is not taken as a rant against those who were in a position to help, and didn't, but more as a sincere thanks to Judy and one or 2 others.

On her own, Judy went there, looked for the drive, and IMO was mostly responsible for a lot of the coordination to help John get his drive back.

That's the kind of person Judy is, she goes above and beyond to help. :thumbsup:

That's the way she was raised, and grew up in an era where people were less self-absorbed and were inclined to be helpful when called upon....:clapping:

I hope I'm not embarassing her here, but if an award were given for kayaker most helpful to others, she would be a top candidate. :clapping::clapping::clapping:
Thanks for all you have done to help others, Judy, and your ways of unselfishness and genuine concern for others....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

storminsteve
10-29-2011, 10:40 AM
There were quite a few others who could have helped, but didn't. (scheduling conflicts) :rolleyes:
Yet they had no scheduling conflicts in showing up there day after day, to fish for albies, good weather and bad...:huh:

So hopefully this is not taken as a rant against those who were in a position to help, and didn't, but more as a sincere thanks to Judy and one or 2 others.

On her own, Judy went there, looked for the drive, and IMO was mostly responsible for a lot of the coordination to help John get his drive back.

That's the kind of person Judy is, she goes above and beyond to help. :thumbsup:

Hey dark, that's the way of the world, a lot of folks are only out for themselves. Shorelady, good mojo on you, hope you catch a cow this year.

DarkSkies
11-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Lost knife....

Someone lost a folding fishing knife, Sunday night 11-6-11.
Contact me with a description, and I'll get it back to ya.
I'll hold onto this for a month, and then give it away to someone I fish with.

voyager35
03-01-2012, 09:11 AM
This gentleman lost it last year and still has not recovered it. I sincerely doubt he will get it back but you never know. Getting it back would truly be a happy ending. He said his Dad made some of the rigs in the bag. Good luck to you Uncle Connnie.

"TTT- hoping the new season finds someone who fishes the AH or SH area with an extra black bag fiilled with Flounder gear that they found last year is willing to return it to its rightful owner. Have to try! Thanks for understanding. Please see information in string below.

Went Fishing out of the Highlands (108 Marina Bay Court) last week with Cpt Ray Burke of the Madd Gaffer. Had a great trip but left a small black tackle bag some where at the dock or in the parking lot. It had a lot of winter flounder rigs in it as well as some colored sinkers, circle hooks and leader material. I wouldnt be as upset about it if most of the winter flounder rigs in the bag weren't made by my father right before he passed. Any help in finding it would be greatly appreciated and rewarded. Thank you!! please email me at ConlonandCo@hotmail.com (ConlonandCo@hotmail.com) or call 610-385-3091 if it is found. "

DarkSkies
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Found a fishing net.....4-13-12

Pebbles and I were fishing last Fri night 4-13-12
We found a net at one of the places we stopped at....

I really don't want to be any more specific than that..
I know most of the regulars who fish there and may eventually get it back to the owner...

But just in case someone reading this knows someone who left a net behind last Fri...contact me via PM and I'll get it back to you....if I don't find it's owner within 30 days I'll give to someone who needs it.....

finchaser
04-26-2012, 07:41 PM
If not you can use it for butterflies when your out scouting swans for your next photo shoot.:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
04-30-2012, 09:50 AM
^^ :2flip: :moon: :laugh: :clapping: :HappyWave:

plugcrazy
05-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Lost pocket knife at Corsens-

From the barn, the guys name is MeatHead

I was fishing with the kids at Corsons yesterday and i dropped my Case Pocket knife. just wondering if anyone found it? i know its a long shot but it was an anniversery present. it has a bass pro shop emblem on it and a bone grip. we where on the beach, boat ramp side near the third sign that says no beachin or launching of water craft. we did manage one throw back flounder.

surferman
06-11-2012, 03:36 PM
He lost a sunfish in ocean city.

Our blue 15' sunfish must have blown off the lift in the past week or so. Just noticed it missing yesterday. Lost in the public ramp area. We have a bayfront home a block north of the ramp. No mast or sail or rudder. Couple of ropes on it that should have been used to tie it down. We think the plug was in so it should be floating. Any help locating is greatly appreciated.

paco33
01-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Someone lost a gopro at monmouth beach
732-687-2765

VSdreams
04-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Some one found a rod and reel and turned it in to the Sea Girt police. good job on turning it in hope the owner finds it.
"This surf rod and reel is a custom set up that is quite valuable. If anyone lost or left a surf rod and reel on a Sea Girt beach in the last day or two please call Sea Girt Police Dept 732-449-7300 ext 418. Officer Kevin Davenport."

seamonkey
06-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Lost rod in somers point - not mine just passing along the info

I recently lost my Penn Gold 975 Reel & Shimano Talavera Pole at Boat Ramp in Somers Point down the road from Dolfin Dock @ the Marina. I was getting ready to load boat on trailer when Fish & Game Conservation Officers came to boat dock to perform an inspection. I was trying to tie boat off with my son when I laid my pole on floating fiberglass dock. Long story short after the inspection and pulling boat out of water the pole and reel was left on dock. Im hoping that there are still some good people out there and if they seen it or knows of somebody that may have picked it up if they would possible see this ad. If so I would be willing to give reward for it. Please let me know asap. Sick to my stomach. Always worth a try. 609-929-2632.

fishinmission78
11-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Saw this on facebook posting so they might get it back.

Century rod with a VS 150. Left in Bay Head at Egbert st. If found please message me or call Ronnie at Fishermen's Supply 732-892-2058

porgy75
10-21-2016, 02:26 PM
I don't know if this belongs here, it's more of an alert. Read on the internet that a couple of cars and trucks were burglarized up at the hook on Wednesday. I guess some of the gear stolen will show up on eBay or Craigslist so keep a watch out for it and post if you see a bunch of stuff suddenly appearing. For the rest of the guys out there, be careful!

clamchucker
11-11-2016, 02:26 PM
Lost in ibsp. I am posting this to help the guy.

"I lost a Star rod and Pflueger reel in the surf at Gilligans last week. At chance somebody snagged it? If so, please give me a call. (267) 994-9582. Ed"

buckethead
11-11-2016, 07:38 PM
Nice gesture.

clamchucker
11-19-2016, 04:33 PM
this was lost in the park. I am posting it so maybe he ends up getting connected with it again.

LOST PLUG BAG
Hey all, need some help here.
Black 4 tube unmarked Gear Up bag FULL of plugs is missing! Last night I was parked directly infront of the Judges Shack at IBSP, left around 1130pm and drove the beach north and exited at gilkens. I then headed to H street in Sea Side with the thought of plugging that area. I must have f*ed up and left it on my cooler rack and it fell off somewhere on the beach. If anyone found it or heard of anyone finding a bag please contact me, Thanks everyone, tight lines.
Cell- 610 639 0723

porgy75
11-19-2016, 10:38 PM
So kind of you to post that. Hope he gets his plug bag and stuff back.

surferman
07-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Anyone lose a boat? lol
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/weird/Police-Tweet-About-Boat-Left-on-New-Jersey-Highway-432959913.html

hookset
12-04-2017, 08:42 AM
Brian Donohue from NJ Advance media posted this on FB. Anyone knows the guy hayden who lost it please help him out.

"FOUND SURF BAG:I found a surf/tackle bag on the sidewalk in the Sandy Hook area today that someone appears to have left behind after fishing. I am looking for its owner to return it. Please reply if you or someone you know lost a bag. There is a phone number on the bag and the name "Hayden" but I can't read the number as it's completely blurry from water damage. Of course I'm not posting any further description - whoever contacts me will have to describe it so we don't get any opportunists!Please feel free to repost or share this or post anywhere so we can get this guy his bag back."

captnemo
05-28-2018, 10:46 PM
Lost dog in the SH area

buckethead
05-29-2018, 01:47 PM
Read the story, she fell off the boat or something. Must have been some time before they noticed. Hope they find her safe and sound. Looks like a loyal companion.