PDA

View Full Version : Lost and found in NY: Fishermens' and other items

hookedonbass
06-08-2008, 03:18 PM
I was fishing at Breezy point yesterday and left a pair of VS pliiers in the parking lot. They had initials engraved in them and a date. I know there is a slim chance but if anyone finds them I would appreciate a heads up. They were a gift from my Dad. Thank you.

nitestrikes
11-16-2009, 03:04 PM
This guy lost 2 inflatable PFDs. On another site, his name is m5n465. Either contact him directly if you know him or pm me for the details. His post--

"Hi All, stupidly I left 2 manual inflating CO2 West Marine PFDs on the dock yesterday evening at Millburn Creek Ramp in Baldwin/Freeport while loading my boat on the trailer, and left them there. $25 reward for anybody who picked them up and returns them. Thanks"

williehookem
05-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Lost in LI
Found on another site, the guy lost it on the south shore.

"if there are any good samaritins out there I lost a plug that has a lot of sentimental value to me. It's a saltys conrad jr. painted gold with gold surf candy tail hook. If you get it back to me, I'll make you one of your choice." Thanks. Rich 516 680-8061

strikezone31
05-17-2011, 06:34 PM
He'll prob never get it back, but it was a nice gesture of you to post that for him, willie.

rockhopper
06-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Lost at captree, he is on another site, his name is stillatit, if you know the guy who lost a bag there, pm me for the details

" Found bag last Sunday at Moses/Captree. Private mess. me with description of bag and contents"

plugginpete
07-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Rod and reel lost 2 miles S of Atlantic Beach in the ocean -
(not mine, just trying to help this guy)

I lost my 7' Tiger - Ugly Stick and Saltist 20 reel on July 3, 2011

This could only happen to me

I was fishing in about 40 feet of water south of the atlantic beach inlet about a mile south of the bell bouy

I had 2 lines out with live bunker and wanted to get closeer to the bunker pod. I reeled in the rod I lost and threw the bunker back in. and left the rod leaning against the gunwale with the hook dangling in the water and the sinker on the gunwale. I had another rod on the opposite side of the boat also with a live bunker on it. The bunker swam under the boat and up to the surface on the opposite side of the boat and somehow got the hook that was dangling in the water. I started reeling in the line and heard ker- plunk. I reeled in the other rod. I saw the hook on the line for a second and then it was gone. My favorite Bass Rod and reel. If anyone snags it or catches it I would love to get it back. It has sentimental value it was my Dad's rod. I saw someone else posted the lost their rod so I thought I'd do the same. You never know....

Thanks...John

crosseyedbass
07-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Good luck, guy, that's like finding a needle in a haystack!

stripercrazy
09-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Another needle in a haystack, but maybe someone will find it and get in touch with this guy. Posted on another site.

Fished north side of montauk last night and lost my watertight plastic bottle with hooks and cigarettes...not worth a lot of money but it was given to me by my fishing mentor...
Will give reward in new unobtainable BEACHMASTER plugs!!!
email me stephen@montauktackle.com

DarkSkies
04-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Lost to King Posideon.....VS 200 (silver) with St Croix Legend 10'6" rod....

I just got a call from my friend Antero.
He fishes in SI.
Today a friend of his was bait fishing at Great Kills. A boat came by too close and snagged the line, taking the rod and reel into the deep......

The guy who lost the rod is devastated to say the least...
$1000 worth of gear lost in one brief moment in time....

If anyone comes across it or knows of any intel about someone who recovered it....
The owner's name is Mark....his internet handle is PassionForFishing....

I have a contact phone # if anyone needs it...and I'm told there will be a reward if found.....
Thanks people....:thumbsup:

finchaser
04-14-2012, 07:58 PM
mighty expensive snot slinging outfit,

plugginpete
04-14-2012, 10:34 PM
mighty expensive snot slinging outfit,

Yeah dark no offense but a $1000 setup to sling snot?
I feel sorry for him but he should at least have been near or holding his rod.

jigfreak
04-16-2012, 04:14 PM
I'll never understand guys who use $1000 in gear to bait fish for schoolies. to each his own I guess. Hope he gets it back.

williehookem
05-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Lost dive fins. The guy is registered on noreast as nightstalkerr.

Central South Shore/LOST DIVE FINS!
Went fishing today and found the bluefish hitting tins. Only caught a handful then left them biting.
I lost a pair of Mako Dive fins tonight at Demo Point. They are all black and about 34inches long. If anyone found them please PM me!
Reward if returned.
Thank You!

williehookem
06-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Someone lost a pair of chota boots at montauk, his screen name is seasand. Hope he gets them back

Upon leaving Friday morning in a haste I left my Chota boots in the lower lot at Light House. If any one picked them up or has information on the boots it is appreciated. They were a gift and only used for this week.

7deadlyplugs
07-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Posted by schoolman on noreast. If not ok to post here please delete.

I realize that this is the fishing report section, but I figured this would be the best way to help out a long time - good friend, who has misplaced a valuable item. A Canon DSLR 50D camera was "possibly" left @ the DEC Forge Pond/Peconic River launch ramp on June 22nd (???). If you or anyone of your friends has seen the camera as mentioned, please contact me through a PRIVATE MESSAGE on this site. I am quite sure that you will be justifiably rewarded and, at the very least, you'll be appreciated by the friends of St. Anthony. Thank you.-Jerry McGrath :-) <:)))))>< :-)

strikezone31
07-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Someone reeled in a custom made rod in Moriches bay.
"Hey guys. This is tommy from the Rosie. We caught a custom rod today built by Jerry McGrath. Pm me. If this is yours. There is a name on the rod. Would like to get this back to you"

williehookem
08-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Lost rod at floyd bennett- this was on noreast yesterday. Member name bass assassin.

my dad forgot his snapper set up at floyd bennett today. If anyone has it please inbox me. think it was a quantum setup..thanx

7deadlyplugs
11-09-2013, 06:04 AM
"I may have dropped a set of car/house keys tonight at Jones Beach Field 6. If anyone finds please send me a PM.

Thanks
Steve
"

Also from NE, guys name is tiderunner. I fished Jones last night, didn't see any lost keys. Hope he is successful.

crosseyedbass
11-10-2013, 04:00 PM
good job on helping him 7dp hope he finds it

rockhopper
05-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Maybe someone can help this guy out. his handle is dnapop on noreast-

Went out Friday night 5/2 to sore thumb nothing on the fishing side but lost my license and small wallet if anyone found it I would really appreciate it to get it back you would be a life saver anyone who this has happened to would understand Thanx for reading and hope to find it tight lines and God bless

strikezone31
05-31-2014, 09:18 PM
This fella's screen name is psycho69. He was fishing near jones inlet. Needle in a haystack if he gets his gear back but stranger things have happened:
"near J1 lost rod - Lost my ugly stick today drifting fluke really would love to get it back.IF ANYONE FINDS it I would really appreciate getting it back. It had a shimano bailcaster reel. Thank you and tight lines. "

7deadlyplugs
05-11-2015, 01:18 PM
found a plug bad. His name is nightstalkerr on noreast.

Found lost surf bag last night while fishing fire island. Please PM me with details and your contact info and I will get it back to you!! I am traveling for the rest of this week and will meet up when I get back. I'm hoping this report finds the rightful owner!

plugginpete
05-28-2015, 01:08 PM
Read on another site-
LOST MY LEXUS KEY ON SATURDAY MORNING FISHING AT GREAT KILLS, STATEN ISLAND. I SUSPECT THAT TWO KAYAKERS PARKED NEXT TO ME AT THE CROOKS POINT PARKING LOT WITHHOLDING INFORMATION. IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE MISSING KEY PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 646-536-7517. THANKS IN ADVANCE AND FOR KEEPING IT HONEST...

williehookem
07-20-2015, 09:16 AM
marine parkway bridge- went out fishing on my friends boat friday and was doing some fishing i cast my line out and i leaned my rod up aganist the boat for a sec and went to go rinse my hands off after i put the bait on...I guess it snagged the bottom before i know it my rod lifts up and goes striaght into the water .. i tried to snag it with trebble hooks but no such luck ive had this rod for 12 years it was my favorite rod.
Read It on noreast and username is killintheblues.

rockhopper
08-31-2015, 11:40 AM
He lost a tsunami and abu to a shark hope it gets reunited with it again
"Fishing today Jones Beach Field 6, must have had a large shark, but I forgot to set my drag and my rod and reel shot straight into the water. 99.9% of the time I set my drag, this is the .1% of the time I didn't. The rod shot right into the water at about 90 mph. If you happen to run across a Tsunami rod with an Abu Garcia reel please call or text me at 516-610-4839."

williehookem
05-18-2016, 02:21 AM
This was posted on noreast. Member name is brea1127.

keep eye out for stolen gear

Please Be aware that these items stolen from my home in Long Beach, please pm Robert with any input on these items. Thank You, police report made 15ish tackle shops notified most of the buy sell trade guys contacted and watching all online sites. Black ZeeBaas 25 hetat shrink over knob Black Vanstaal 200 w/power knob Silver Vanstaal 250 w/power knob Penn 550ssg w/vanstaal knob Penn 550 ssg Penn 450 ssg Penn Conflict CFT5000 Penn conquer 4000 Fiberstar 10'6" Maroon Blank custom built no markings Heat shrink bottom wrap built by frank ward CTS 11ft S-8 Model Custom build only marking is CTS logo Lamiglas Ron Arra 11ft 1-3 oz w/custom Paco grip heat shrink bottom 9 ft. honey lamiglas custom build just done - no markings - black hear shrinked grip cork foregrip marble graphics above foregrip buily by frank ward keep em bent 8ft honey lamiglas custom brand new condition by Johnny's tackle MTK NY on Label 8ft st. croix Ben Doore custom by stan rocky point fishing station/stop no markings 8 ft Fenwick brown 9 guide custom older rod 7 ft Lamiglas inshore blue blank stock rod blue van staal double row surf bag w/ custom 13 tube insert 20-25 misc lures 12 plus tins /bucktails some shads Blackhawak utility belt w/ a couple d-rings / aqua skinz clips/ smart coil lanyards C&R vinnie Fiorelo custo 2 slot plier holster black/white front = brand new 60 lb Lipper scale in new condition vanstaal stainles pliers

VSdreams
05-18-2016, 09:09 AM
That has to be at least 15,000 dollars worth of tackle! sounds like he was targeted or someone knew him that he had all that stuff, hope you find it and they prosecute those creeps.

plugginpete
06-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Lost rod. Just read this-
"I lost my favorite rod my dad brought me before he died and it fell into the water. It was a custom fluke set up with a*daiwa*Lexa. It has green wraps and a fluke emblem on it. I lost it by Kennedys pier right after marine park. Im devastated by losing it. If returned to me, I will give a reward $$$$$ thanks contact me on Facebook Steven Thomas. Steventhomasf89@yahoo.com or just comment or message me thanks. Good luck to all."