PDA

View Full Version : Hello from StriperJMA

StriperJMA
11-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Met Darkskies for the first time on Saturday in PPB.. My son and I were back at the surf after taking a break from our morning surf fishing and he popped out of his car to say hello (catching a quick nap). We had a great chat; talked about surf fishing in Montauk when I was a kid. He turned me onto the site.
Site is great, a world on info, looking forward to participating... enjoy the rest of the fall session. :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
11-10-2009, 09:07 AM
:HappyWave: A warm welcome, StriperJMA! If I remember correctly your son caught his first keeper bass that morning?

I also wrote down some of those references you gave me about the old time fishermen. Was it your uncle at Montauk? Sorry if I got the details wrong, my memory is a little fuzzy sometimes, thats why I take notes. ;)

It was great to talk with someone who remembers how things used to be, enjoyed listening to some of the stories you had. :thumbsup: Look for some of them in this "NY Fishing" thread, I'm incorporating "slice of life" interviews and stories with the old time pics. Hope to have it filled in by tomorrow. If I screw up any of the details, just let me know and I'll edit.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=5237

It was great meeting you and your son. Welcome aboard!

storminsteve
11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Welcome striperjma! :HappyWave:

captnemo
11-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Welcome aboard!

jigfreak
11-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Welcome StriperJMA. Dark is a good guy, he loves to talk and enjoyes listening to everyone's stories. Glad you came aboard.:HappyWave:

buckethead
11-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Welcome! How did you and your son do fishing?

basshunter
11-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Welcome aboard!:HappyWave:

StriperJMA
11-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Appreciate the warm welcome, everyone! Buckethead -- my 15 year son is starting to get interested in fishing. 5 weeks before we fished the same PPB surf and he caught over a dozen weakies, so I knew he was hooked. A few other tries after that, he caught the notorious skunk... until this saturday. Everyone was out and I kept him close by as a rookie surf caster (didn't want to pull any hooks out of people's heads). We both saw decent action with blues and then he nailed his first striper (27 in). He lit up like a xmas tree, caught on metal (ava yellow) with a teaser. Hopefully this weekend will produce also.

Monty
11-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Welcome aboard :HappyWave:, that's great stuff with your son.

Appreciate the warm welcome, everyone! Buckethead -- my 15 year son is starting to get interested in fishing. 5 weeks before we fished the same PPB surf and he caught over a dozen weakies, so I knew he was hooked. A few other tries after that, he caught the notorious skunk... until this saturday. Everyone was out and I kept him close by as a rookie surf caster (didn't want to pull any hooks out of people's heads). We both saw decent action with blues and then he nailed his first striper (27 in). He lit up like a xmas tree, caught on metal (ava yellow) with a teaser. Hopefully this weekend will produce also.

cowherder
11-12-2009, 11:23 AM
^^^What Monty said, sounds like great times. Welcome!:HappyWave: