PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama a friend to fishermen?

DarkSkies
11-17-2009, 11:32 AM
We know that Jon Corzine wasn't. I can't think of any legislation enacted during his tenure that was fishermen friendly, or aided the majority of fishermen out there. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

So what about Obama? :huh:

What do you think he will do for fishermen?

What does he have the capacity to do for us?

What WON'T he do for fishermen?

How could his policies and people he has surrounded himself with end up hurting fishermen?

If anyone is an Obama supporter, this thread may seem one-sided to you, like I have already made up my mind. If that's your perception, I apologize.

However, I get in conversations every day with people who bring to my attention the fact that the environmentalists in his camp are very carefully chosen.

Many of them have previous or current ties with the Pew Trust. Many of them have never fished, and have no idea what fishing is about as a soul-satisfying experience. They just don't get it. :don't know why:

And yet they are in a position to affect our futures as fishermen?

So those are the things I have been hearing, and reading. Anyone who can prove this is not the case, that Obama IS a friend to fishermen, I would be glad to hear those arguments and present them here. I want to learn, and we learn by having opposing viewpoints and hashing them out.

finchaser
11-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Come on!!!
Bush loved fishing Nobama is against everything Bush Stood for.
Him and his puppet Dr. L (she shut down sea bass and is changing weakfish to 1 per person)will put an end to recreational fishing as we know it.

The only successful thing Nobama has done was cash for clunkers it got his bumper stickers off the streets

vpass
11-17-2009, 07:03 PM
If Obama get his way we have more problems to worry about then fishing. I don't think they could stop us anyway. I will fish till they shoot me.:eek:

Obama gets me Crazy.

porgy75
11-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Many of them have previous or current ties with the Pew Trust. Many of them have never fished, and have no idea what fishing is about as a soul-satisfying experience. They just don't get it. :don't know why:

And yet they are in a position to affect our futures as fishermen?

Well as of August 2009, you can't make the claim that Obama never fished. Maybe it was his first time?

Here is the story with comments -

Obama going fishing later this week: Report

By Michael O'Brien - 08/13/09 11:13 AM ET
President Obama looks to abandon his usual games of golf or pick-up basketball -- at least temporarily -- later this week in favor of fishing.

White House Deputy Chief of Staff Jim Messina told the New York Times Thursday (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/13/president-obama-the-trout-fisherman/) that the president would try his hand at fishing during a trip to Montana.

"I am going to have the great opportunity later this week," Messina said. "I'm going to take the leader of the free world fishing. And I plan to talk a little bit about public access."

Messina is a former chief of staff to Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D), another Montanan.

Obama has attracted some attention for golfing more consistently throughout the spring and summer on military bases here in D.C.
Source:
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/campaigns/administration/54641-obama-going-fishing-later-this-week-report

Comments (7)

Shouldn't you be reported to the Thought Police for this "fishy" story?BY Ruths husband Ben on 08/13/2009 at 16:40

Oh crap! How much you want to bet our Hunting and Fishing licenses go up in price after he gets done with it?BY Jeff on 08/13/2009 at 16:42

This would be a great opportunity for sitting back, relaxing, and reading the HR 3200 Bill while the line from the fishing pole is in the water.BY Dan on 08/13/2009 at 16:43

This is HILARIOUS. Obama's buddy, Hugo Chavez, demeans golfers by saying golf is a "bourgeois sport" so the Messiah decides to try his hand at fishing. Too funny! This reminds me of Bill and Hill deciding (after extensive polling) to take their vacation on a Dude Ranch, instead of their favorite spot, Martha's Vinyard.BY Sunnyr on 08/13/2009 at 16:46

He's going fishing for Snail Darters.BY AbuBakerSmith on 08/13/2009 at 18:50
to Ruths husband Ben…LMAO!!! Nice one!!

Once again, the Obama White house keeps focusing on making Obama so "lickable". Now he is taking up the sport of the "common Man".

Please…BY Political Jester on 08/14/2009 at 01:31
Well, he can lie to the fish all they want… maybe he can convince the fish that They are in Crisis, and they must take what he offers or they shall surely perish! I guess he will throw the young ones in the bait bucket and make chum out of the 'elder' fish! News to him though- they are not going to take his stink bait any more than the American people are going to swallow this StealthCare bilgewater… what a bunch of crap!! But if he dangled Pelosi's *** in the water, he might catch a big snapping turtle.. but I bet the turtle pukes before it is over. with.BY ebax on 08/14/2009 at 03:52

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/campaigns/administration/54641-obama-going-fishing-later-this-week-report

jigfreak
11-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Well as of August 2009, you can't make the claim that Obama never fished. Maybe it was his first time?

Here is the story with comments -

Obama going fishing later this week: Report

By Michael O'Brien - 08/13/09 11:13 AM ET
President Obama looks to abandon his usual games of golf or pick-up basketball -- at least temporarily -- later this week in favor of fishing.

White House Deputy Chief of Staff Jim Messina told the New York Times Thursday (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/13/president-obama-the-trout-fisherman/) that the president would try his hand at fishing during a trip to Montana.

That's such a carefully crafted piece of propaganda. If that makes him an angler I'll eat horse crap. But it does make him look good when he supports any anti-fishing programs. After all, he IS a fisherman!:rolleyes:

storminsteve
02-06-2013, 08:42 PM
It's all hype. The white house last week released pics of obama shooting guns to show the nra he is one of the boys. Will never happen. Obama is obama. Millionaire boys club, maybe.