PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful water

plugcrazy
11-23-2009, 10:19 PM
I went down to OC yesterday. I wanted to do some scouting to see if there were any fish around. I heard the wind was bad, that the fish were 300 ft off shore. I was very surprised to see the water a beautiful green color and not chocolate milk. I thought the last storm did a number on the ocean and we would not see this clear green for a while.

nitestrikes
11-29-2009, 06:54 PM
I fished the s shore today and the water was like that too. Even though it seemed there were no fish, it was a great day to be out. The water looked like a postcard.

Simp
11-30-2009, 05:56 PM
I went down to OC yesterday. I wanted to do some scouting to see if there were any fish around. I heard the wind was bad, that the fish were 300 ft off shore. I was very surprised to see the water a beautiful green color and not chocolate milk. I thought the last storm did a number on the ocean and we would not see this clear green for a while.

Assuming that "yesterday" was the 22nd, that would've been 2 Sundays ago. I got to OC around 1PM and at dark '30 I had caught my 41st bass. Nothing to write home about, as far as size, but they were all seemingly clones. they were all between 24" and 26" long. Wanna know the best part? Sunday afternoons in Jersey are all about the NFL, and I was the only one on the beach besides 2 other guys.

The wind had just turned out of the NE and the tide was outgoing (I think) and I was fishing a rip that was strong enough to take me to England and the bass were stacked like pancakes! Beautiful blue green water, like you say though. Absolutely phenomenal day!

hookset
12-02-2009, 04:33 PM
I missed the bite that day. Should have been there.:(