PDA

View Full Version : How He Loves Us

jonthepain
11-24-2009, 10:49 AM
This by a friend of mine who survived Anorexia:

eHeCwVlRwvU

bluesdude71
11-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Absolutely Incredible and beautiful. She is full of spirit and grace.

DarkSkies
11-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks for sharing, Jon. :clapping: :HappyWave:

jonthepain
11-24-2009, 07:53 PM
You're welcome.

hey remind me to call you back.

basement is ok now; it was the buckets of rain that Ida dropped, that and a clogged drainpipe, that caused the water in the basement.

luckily i had transferred most of my junk into plastic bins a few weeks earlier (cuz I needed to create a space for an office down there.) so damage was minimal.

the damage to my master bath is worse tho. leaky roof, and i've got 2 estimates so far, $12k and $14k.

as if.

DarkSkies
11-24-2009, 08:49 PM
You're welcome.

the damage to my master bath is worse tho. leaky roof, and i've got 2 estimates so far, $12k and $14k.

as if.

Jon, I remember 2 years ago we talked about your leaky roof. Is your house 5000SF or have a lot of fancy gables and separate surfaces? Those estimates sound pretty high for a roof job unless they're talking about replacing structural parts of the framing as well. OR you're talking about the combined cost of the roof and bathroom rehab.

This is a terrible economy we're living in. Many contractors that couldn't return your call previously now are quick to respond when you call for an estimate.

For that amount of $$ I would get 3 more estimates. Don't tell them what the last guy's estimate is. And make sure you compare apples with apples. If one guy is using 5/8 plywood and the other guy is using 3/4 it ain't the same job.

Call me on this if I can explain it to ya in further detail. You do owe me a phone call, so take advantage of it. :HappyWave:

bluesdude71
12-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Took a listen to this again. Nice performance. Anorexia is a tough battle.