PDA

View Full Version : do you tell white lies

stripermania
11-24-2009, 01:15 PM
I was reading an argument between some fishermen on another site. One was accusing the other of making up lies about the fish he caught. Would you ever do that to save face? There is no shame in getting :skunk:.

Jackbass
11-24-2009, 04:19 PM
I never lie about the Skunk. It has a habit of coming back and biting you in the butt:beatin:

Frankiesurf
11-24-2009, 05:02 PM
I post my skunkings. No big deal not to catch fish. I am not in this to boost my ego.

finchaser
11-24-2009, 07:16 PM
I never lie about the Skunk. It has a habit of coming back and biting you in the butt:beatin:

what he said, and some people have magna-vision when it comes to size which is considered tellig a lie

DarkSkies
11-24-2009, 08:27 PM
what he said, and some people have magna-vision when it comes to size which is considered tellig a lie

I think it's a classic male trait. Everything we have or do is bigger than we think it is. :don't know why: :laugh:

There's no shame in getting skunked. I have been out many times with no or little results. If you need to brag that you caught fish, or exaggerate your numbers, to prove yourself, that says something about low self-esteem. In the same way, getting into an argument about a particular way YOU fish, as opposed to another way or technique, has too much ego in it as well.

I'm going to post something in the fishin reports about this, I'll link to it when I do. Good thread. :thumbsup:

Here it is:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=26796#post26796

williehookem
11-24-2009, 10:41 PM
I tell the truth, but am happier when I catch then when I am not, so I will more often post my catches and not misses.

Monty
11-25-2009, 05:58 AM
I post my reports, and when skunked feel the responsibility of posting them. Seems silly to me to just post only when I catch . Nice post dark. Even finchaser posts a skunk report at times, (its shocking) but its good to know that he is human (I always look forward to his reports).

baitstealer
11-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Only to my wife so she lets me go out again.:D

plugaholic
11-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Only to my wife so she lets me go out again.:D

:laugh: good one! hope you lie to her too about how much you paid for your fishing stuff.

I know a guy who, no matter how many you caught he got one more. It's ridicoulous. Why do you have to be in a contest every time?

surfwalker
11-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Lying and fishing, I guess they go hand in hand, according to some people. Would I lie in a report? Nah, what do I care, I post ‘em as I live them. Not out to impress but maybe inform how I’m doin with what I’m using. I stated in plenty of prior posts that my game in plugging is Personal Satisfaction, I don’t post all my trips. I love reading about the catches, it means the Stripes are around, somewhere. I get the impression on this site that most report posters are pretty honest and I enjoy that honesty. Especially when someone experiences something for the first time (blitz/big/quantity), you can feel the excitement and see some exaggeration maybe, but not outright lying.
So, if lying in your reports is your game, go ahead, and you, and only you will read them over and over. The rest will eventually see through it and just pass over your posts.
The only things to me that go hand in hand with fishing are that while the catches may come sometimes, the skunk could be there all the time.

jigfreak
11-25-2009, 02:20 PM
I agree with surfwalker. It's not about impressing anyone. We put up reports to help other people. Why would you want to lie about it?:beatin:

vpass
11-25-2009, 08:31 PM
There is no point in lying, it's basicly lying to yourself. I learn from every skunk trip I have. After a skunk trip I analyze what I could have done differently to have a better outcome next time. It's all part of the game.

finchaser
11-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Some think fishing and lying go hand and hand guess that's how the old saying got started

Early to bed
Early to rise
Fish all day make up lies:D