View Full Version : The Urban fishing thread

DarkSkies
11-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Stinky water :2flip:
Pollution :upck:
Buried dead bodies :eek:
Limited access :burn:
Holes that swallow tackle and gear :beatin:
Places that the COWS pass by on their way home...;)

I thought we could have some fun with this, as long as we stay general and are not too focused on specifics, as some areas are only good for a few at a time. So let's try to keep this as general as possible when talking about location. :cool:

There are some here, such as G and AA, that have grown up fishin these areas. They have had some great times and catches, all the while not managing to cause trouble for themselves or be denied access for trashing the places. :clapping:

Let's hear of pics, stories, or anything else that reminds you of urban fishin! :thumbsup:

Let's hear what you think...

gjb1969
11-26-2009, 12:42 AM
i think its a good thing we all dont fish in pristeen water all the time and we do get fish in the urban waters so i think its cool and ther are many places to get reports from so lets see what others say when i cant get to the shore i stay close to home i have got my best fish close to home :fishing:

cowherder
11-26-2009, 07:41 PM
The only urban fishing story I have is fishing for carp in the passaic river. I used to go there when I was a kid. Some of the guys who fished there a lot would catch big *** carp with blueberry bagels. And some of the other guys would catch catfish with worms. The biggest catfish I got was only around 1 pound, it was 13" long. I didn't think there were too many other fish in there, but some guys said they catch smallmouths.

gjb1969
12-01-2009, 06:00 PM
next year i will fish the dirty water more often i will have my little boat out there i know the fish are there i have got them before not to many people fish there so i will give reports on how i did most guys will turn there nose up at it but i am not one of them so as of now i am looking foward to next year good luck guys:fishing:

hookset
12-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Sometimes the urban areas have some of the best fishing.

gjb1969
12-03-2009, 02:30 PM
i will be going out soon to take a look see the good thing in the back the wind wil not be as bad so mite find something if not is cool i still fish in to winter i will get the small ones on worms at least i have something i will keep u guys in the loop tite lines and good fishin to all:fishing:

DarkSkies
12-03-2009, 11:00 PM
I've fished the salt since I was a little kid, but for the most part it was bait fishin, and not that much as I didn't always have a way to get down there.

I grew up fishin fresh water. I'll never forget how I felt when I got my first pickerel, bass, catfish, and carp.

One of the best places to catch all these species is the Passaic River, about as urban you can get for a fishin place. At times it winds around some beautiful suburbs. Other times it winds down through some of the most depressing real estate, abandoned factories, housing projects, auto junkyards. Talk about keepin it real. ;)

Springtime:
This is how it went down...

Sometime after the herring and shad run wound down in the Delaware at Trenton, we would go over to the Passiac looking for gizzard shad. If you think regular shad are ugly, gizzard shad are the demon stepchild to that! :eek:

Brown to black, not good for anything but bluefish bait, they are nonetheless great fighting fish. :wow:

When they used to come in to spawn, we would take treble hooks and snag em, reel em in, release, and repeat. At this time I realize it was probably cruel, but we were kids and had great fun back then. You could get some gizzard shad that went up to 6 or 7# and they fought like bulldogs. :wheeeee:

Another great time was when the carp came in to spawn, about 3 weeks after the gizzard shad. We would go down and check every week, you didn't want to miss it. And when they did come in, it would be hundreds at a time, it was an amazing sight. :dribble:

We snagged and released them too. Try to snag a 15# carp with light tackle and hold on - ya can't! We needed to bring heavier rods and reels when the carp were around.

Just some memories from yesteryear. I know some families still go down and do that. As I said, it may seem a little cruel to some, but IMO it's a good way to introduce a kid to fishing, as long as you release the fish quickly. For kids, it keeps their excitement level high. :cool:

Rip-Plugger
12-04-2009, 11:02 PM
oh yeah,gotta love being like Mike Iccanelli[I think], doing some fish in a place where many think there is only trash and junk underwater.
I have several spots like that and I know them like I know me.
often these places are full of fish at most times and sometimes large.
I'll share a short story with you all now:

It was november 1990,I had a 1974 L[long]-T[tongued]-D[dog].
it was cold and my partner at the time and I were in back of the old store that bordered he water up a river.
my old machine had side pipes with cherry-bomb mufflers,I would let it run and when our hands would get cold we'd go to the pipes and warmour hands up from the hot exhaust and go back and fish for another 15 minutes.
this area had a parking lot that was right up to the water so,you could sit on your car and fish.

the tide was ebbing and I had a teaser on[clouser minnow] and a 4 inch shad[blue/white] with a 5/8 oz leadhead.my rod was an old St Croix glass rod with a diawa GS-13 full of 15 pound line.
we were bangin' bass up to about 8 pounds almost one after another,then it would slow.
so,after we both did about 30 fish each it almost stopped.
I hit a fish about 5 pounds on the teaser.as I fought this fish I noticed it was taking some line and got real heavy.
as I got it closer I could see another fish on the shad,it was much bigger than the top fish.
I got it to shore and lipped it,it turned out to be a tagged fish.
I cut the tag and harvested the fish.
the top fish was about 5 pounds and the larger fish was 24 pounds!
also,the tagged fish ended up being tagged of Hortons point NY at 14 inches 9 years earlier!
so,this fish went from 14 inches to 39 inches in 9 years.
Just wanted to shaer this with you.

R-P

Rip-Plugger
12-05-2009, 04:18 AM
got OTW at about 1:30 am,tide was near TOF still 40 minutes till slack. took the Jimmy Houston sig series shimano heavy LMB rod * [7 foot] out for some urban stalking.
put on a, albino sea-shad[8 inch] and a 5/8 leadhead. slung it out and the spool was stiff from too heavy an oil[3-in-1] I put on the bearings,reeled in and went in my trunk and got out the western auto spray lube,shot the bearings and slapped the gear side back on and BAM!,I was free as a bird!.
made my first good cast and reeled in,slung it out again and allowed it to sink,while I was watching the bow in the line,I see it snap,I slam the hook into a 22 inch fattie,fights good. I take a shot and release it.
I make another nice,smooth,long cast to the channel,allow it to sink,after 5 seconds I see te line snap again,I slam the hook to it and lean on it,it's heavy,REALLY heavy.
then some lne slides off and I amp up the drag a bit,it slips but,I gain on it.
makes a dash up river with the tide and I hang on. finally it turns and comes back against the tide near shore. I slide it to some rocks to my left and ease down to the water.it's a fat,fine 32 inch fish.
my freezer has no fish in it,but, now it does.
I take a short break,drink some D&D tea and lite a cigar. after 10 minutes,I cast some more,on the 6th cast I get hit as I am reeling in,i see the swirl,it was a small fish,it only nipped on the tail as I almost took it out of the water.
next cast waay out to the channel,,I suddenly hear 5 fast pops,this is not near me but about 2 miles away near a walmart,sounded like it came from that direction.
about 7 minutes later,I hear a siren over that way. I guess someone was shot.
anyhoo,I casted again waay out to the channel and allow it to sink,I get a heavy thump,I slam the hook home and I am into a fat shorty maybe 20 inches and full of ****.
I fished for another 30 minutes without a tap,the tide had turned so,I knew they moved.
I did see and feel some bait near the channel at times.once it turned,I didn't feel them anymore.
I packed up and headed upriver.
once there I fished 30 minutes and saw/heard nothing,water was a bit murky so,I headed home.
had fun doing this in December!

R-P

pescador29
12-05-2009, 03:03 PM
big fish hudson on the northeast internet:clapping:

gjb1969
12-05-2009, 09:04 PM
good fish there i got a 40 in fish around there two months ago when no one was geting them i was out in the snow two hrs ago cant see a thing cold and wet but have to be in it to win it will try some other spots when its a little nicer so we will see how it goes:fishing:

albiealert
12-11-2009, 09:56 AM
I was wondering if you guys catch fish in urban areas when the water temperature is in the low 40's, or it it stops? There is a river that goes past some of the most populated cities in Connecticut. The small bass stack up in there and guys catch them in channels all winter.

gjb1969
12-11-2009, 02:37 PM
we get the same here the small bass but sometimes u get a big fish but u will be there a very long time but its mostly a small bass thing but if u dont mind getting cold u can go by some of the warm water disscharge and u mite pull a keeper but u do need a boat u cant get there on land:(

plugginpete
12-12-2009, 01:49 PM
In LI it's all about the bridges, or taking the drive to fish Manhasset, City Island, or the E River. There are some cool parks in the Bronx that hold bass in the spring, but folks are afraid to go there.:scared:

gjb1969
12-12-2009, 05:05 PM
well its not that bad i have bin there if u judge people by the way they look then that place will scare u so if folks dont go there more fish for those who do and ther is some big fish up there:thumbsup:

DarkSkies
12-13-2009, 08:08 PM

stormchaser
12-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Some recent pictures from another site. I think one came from NY, the other from NJ.

gjb1969
12-15-2009, 02:00 AM
nice size bass and the cute little rat will be looking to get some bigger fish next year so this thread will start looking better will try to do some vids and pic of some other urban places so be on the look out next spring and summer will also try to get to some how to on fishing the the dirty waters:fishing:

DarkSkies
12-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Bridge at night

dogfish
12-15-2009, 03:14 PM
so this thread will start looking better will try to do some vids and pic of some other urban places so be on the look out next spring and summer will also try to get to some how to on fishing the the dirty waters:fishing:

I love the dirty waters too.:thumbsup:
7QE35ihfNxc

DarkSkies
12-20-2009, 12:50 AM

stripermania
12-20-2009, 08:52 AM
About two years ago I did a little fishing in the E River. Came up with some good numbers that day. I'll have to go back next year.

DarkSkies
12-20-2009, 11:09 AM
That's a great fishery over there. Stripermania, from a boat or the concrete. Lots of residents coming through for the winter trip up the Hudson. Take a trip, they'll be waitin for ya! :HappyWave:

Bunker near slack or the turn of the tides works well, also bucktails and storm shads rule in that place. Gotta keep em away from the dead bodies and stolen cars on the bottom though. ;)

DarkSkies
12-23-2009, 06:50 AM

cowherder
12-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Great night photography Dark!

porgy75
12-23-2009, 06:06 PM
cool pix guys, this came from google.

gjb1969
12-24-2009, 01:29 AM
i have seen that pic nice fish
:)

blitzhunter
12-24-2009, 12:22 PM
cool pix guys, this came from google.

Brooklyn in the house! Nice fish.

7deadlyplugs
12-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Some recent pictures from another site. I think one came from NY, http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8655&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1260825796 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8655&d=1260825796)

This is a cool thread! You wouldn't believe how many videos there are on youtube for the east river. I got nothing to do until company comes, so I will try to post up some for you guys. Merry Christmas, everyone!

hrdZGcnFR9Y

5FXFxgtTEsc

FDR
Xe3PyJIU6Qo

brooklyn navy yard
0WHURNWHkM0

hookset
12-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Wow 7deadly I want to go there right now! Thanks for posting up. Does anyone know how late in the year you can catch bass there assuming you are catching and releasing them, I know the NY season closed on Dec 15 or 20.:fishing:

stormchaser
12-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Wow 7deadly I want to go there right now! Thanks for posting up. Does anyone know how late in the year you can catch bass there assuming you are catching and releasing them, I know the NY season closed on Dec 15 or 20.:fishing:

The season is closed as of Dec 15. If you do go, please be careful with the release as most of these bass are small schoolies. Nice videos, 7dp.

7deadlyplugs
12-25-2009, 02:30 PM
battery park
PjAckFeqxx0

bHY3gTHs1oo

VuthlvCV3Aw

xrQsmq6O_QI

PvQdas2ZXTg

Frankiesurf
12-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Hey Rich, that is a great pic you posted on the 23rd. Where is that?

Not that I am going there, I will stick to beaches instead of sidewalks.

DarkSkies
12-25-2009, 06:33 PM
^ Super secrit location on the backside, Frankie. ;)

It's pretty recognizable by some of the background, that's why I shot it at night. We were scouting for some schoolies, came up blank at that location. Some guys who don't winterize their boats have a great time in the rivers back there catching and releasing shorts in the channels all winter.

VSdreams
12-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Amazing videos 7deadlyplugs, thanks for posting. I bet that's a good place to hit as soon as the spring season opens.

DarkSkies
12-28-2009, 08:56 PM
:drool:

Only problem is the gates are guarded by Cerberus!;)

DarkSkies
12-28-2009, 08:57 PM

gjb1969
12-28-2009, 11:31 PM
nice picks the kind of water most people wont fish but not me:dribble::fishing:most of the time there will be a few to no one fishing there more for me no one to get in my way:)

DarkSkies
01-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Someone sent this in, it was C&R in the East River somewhere around Oct 2009. Drifting eels. Fish was 43.5", around 27#, nice fish! :clapping:

:clapping::clapping: on the release!

buckethead
01-04-2010, 07:53 PM
^Very nice fish.:clapping:

gjb1969
01-05-2010, 06:37 PM
nice fish see the dirty water has the big fish too:D:fishing:thats why i go there

gjb1969
03-03-2010, 03:09 PM
well my season got under way the other day did my firsy dirty water try there was no bait to speak of but i found some new spots to try with the rip rap there it should hold bait and ther is one spot that has a lot of curent that is going to be my starting point when fishing the dirty water up here i may give in another look to day the water is cold and i do mean cold:wow: so will have to give it a real try when its warm i just dont feel like puting on waders yet so i will keep u in the loop guys:fishing:

rip316
03-03-2010, 04:35 PM
right G you know where to find me. I will be heading out this weekend. Let me know if you want to go.

gjb1969
03-08-2010, 01:03 PM
well the report is a day late but i did my second dirty water trip. to my suprize the water was clean and with the water low. i could see what the storms had changed on the bottom. a lot of things are now coverd or uncoverd. so i think this year it mite be good in the dirty water.

lots of new sand in places where there was none. lots of rip rap that was covered by mud that u can now see. there are a few new places where its deeper and its shaping up with holes and cuts. also found sunken rock piles that i did not see before. when bait moves in so should the bigger fish. i saw some prime fluke spots and some great bass and blue spots. locals and all close to home. we will see as the year goes on how it turns out. tite lines and good fishin :fishing:

rip316
03-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Good job brother givin it a shot. Can't catch em the sofa.

Frankiesurf
03-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Great scouting work GJB.:thumbsup:

gjb1969
03-08-2010, 08:40 PM
i took pics but i cant find the usb to my cam to put them up right:don't know why: now

rip316
03-08-2010, 09:45 PM
I took pics too but, I cant post them.

gjb1969
03-10-2010, 02:38 PM
well just found my usb and i just took a look at the pics i took they came out good now i have see if i put them online wish me luck:don't know why:

DarkSkies
03-10-2010, 08:44 PM
well just found my usb and i just took a look at the pics i took they came out good now i have see if i put them online wish me luck:don't know why:

I took pics too but, I cant post them.

Hey guys Pebbles just threw up a post "How to Post a pic"
It's now a sticky at the top of the main forum to make it easier to find.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=6185

The hardest part is finding the right pic resizer, and getting comfortable using it.
The EASIEST and FASTEST is available for free if you have a computer that runs on Windows or Windows 2000. It does NOT run on Vista.
If you want to find it, do an internet search for MS Powertoys.
Download the "Pic resizer" program from that batch of programs.

It WILL be the quickest and simplest resizer you have ever used. You'll want to thank me so much you'll be compelled to buy a VS for Pebbles. :laugh: ;)

Let me know if you have any other problems. :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
07-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Some may not be aware of or even feel anything in common with the NJ Baykeeper. However, I think they hit the nail on the head with this statement from their most recent newsletter:

July 2010

Message from the Baykeeper

New Jersey DEP's new "Common Sense" public access policy makes no sense at all. Just as the summer season was underway, NJDEP Commissioner Martin announced a rollback of public access rules. While a rulemaking is in the works to weaken beach public access requirements for municipalities, immediate steps are being taken to rollback public access requirements along our urban waterfronts.

Under the current rule, when development occurs at a new or existing facility, including industrial and port sites, access to the waterfront is required. Generally, because of safety and security concerns access cannot be provided on-site and the rule then requires that access be provided at a nearby off-site location, which can include a contribution.

Off-site contributions have helped towards the creation of waterfront parks and walkways within our urban communities like Newark and Elizabeth - cities that have historically been cut off from the waterfront because of industrial development or pollution. The new policy harms our urban communities and is the wrong direction for the NJDEP.

Deborah A. Mans
Executive Director
Baykeeper

rockhopper
07-16-2010, 11:57 AM
I think the govt agencies should keep their noses out of where we fish. The next thing you know we will need a permit to fish for each single fish. Stupid.

gjb1969
07-26-2010, 01:35 AM
WELL THAT WILL NOT STOP THE DWA GUYS WE WILL STILL FISH JUST LIKE WE ALLWAYS DO ITS NOTHING NEW SO THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY THINK IS GOOD FOR US BUT ALL THERE ARE THINKING OF IS THE BIG GUYS WITH MONEY WHO TAKE CARE OF THEM:beatin:

DarkSkies
09-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Awesome footage here, shot in HD. :dribble: :thumbsup:

Pt 1
4Ai2vWAz9L4

Pt 2
y-WlLR6k4h0

VSdreams
09-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Sweet videos, man that guy looks like he has the life!

rockhopper
12-18-2010, 03:41 PM
fishing bike for the urban fishing man

DarkSkies
02-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Dirty water pic sent in by G doing some early season scouting, thanks!

finchaser
02-26-2011, 01:06 PM
for what - bodies?

nitestrikes
02-26-2011, 04:35 PM
I hope you guys aren't eating those fish, they have advisories for pcbs and other things. There was a recent study that said the fish have adapted to pcbs, but there is still dioxin and heavy metal (lead, cadmium, nercury, at the bottom of most urban harbors and rivers that had an industrial heritage. So be careful with those fish, fellas.

gjb1969
02-26-2011, 08:15 PM
its well know to those who fish those spots so its nothing new

plugginpete
07-21-2011, 09:34 PM
fishing brooklyn style, nice blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAk7xg5rvU0&feature=related

plugginpete
07-21-2011, 09:40 PM
urban fishing check out the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjH7XAZCR2c&feature=related

plugginpete
07-21-2011, 09:44 PM
check this out, a 6lb lm bass right underneath a bridge, in putrid water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtYBnEgZYlQ&feature=related

plugginpete
07-21-2011, 09:55 PM
e river october, cant wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjLwZOhclyw&feature=related

plugginpete
07-21-2011, 09:57 PM
battery park

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MidM268eS4&feature=related

rockhopper
12-22-2011, 09:48 AM
I think he caught this in the front of the Hudson River by the Verrazano, awesome fish.:drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gQlp2I7HHY&feature=related

rockhopper
12-22-2011, 09:58 AM
What a goog this guy in the glasses is. Good thing his sister is hot or this would be unwatchable. They really need to learn some simple skills like tightening a drag. *TF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZVzLxiUbE8&feature=related

For the love of God tighten this womans drag please! lol
jeremyantworth (http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremyantworth)3 months ago

"Rogerhockey999">@jeremyantworth (http://www.youtube.com/comment_search?username=jeremyantworth) I wanted my sister Erika to get a good workout. She plays ice hockey with me and needs more arm strength... Thanks for the comment.

Rogerhockey999 (http://www.youtube.com/user/Rogerhockey999)3 months ago

dogfish
12-22-2011, 10:07 AM
"Erika's brother Roger helped her tag and return the large Striped Bass to the water unharmed. The girth of the fish was 11 inches, which is very wide for Stripers and hopefully it will lay plenty of Striped Bass eggs in the future."

Roger, you're a tool.:2flip: Fighting a fish that long, when you returned it to the water, it would have been dead. almost 10 minutes to bring in a 20lb bass, goog central. Wouldn't mind boffing your sister though.:pig:

captnemo
12-22-2011, 12:43 PM
You folks should cut him some slack. He's using spinning gear in deep water and current. That tells me he probably just bought his boat a year ago. He should be using conventional tackle at the very least. It's not a sporting thing to do to play the fish that long. I don't know if it would have been dead when released, but to allow a fish to run drag like that is something only a very inexperienced angler would do. Think of all the fish they missed out on while playing that one. Hopefully he learns more for the next season he is out on the water. And remember that we all had to start somewhere.

gjb1969
12-22-2011, 04:58 PM
sorry cap we all dont use convental reels

bababooey
12-22-2011, 07:05 PM
^ gjb, in post 65 the guy catches a 49" bass. Assuming the area in post 66 is the same, why wouldn't a guy use conventional reels on a boat in a harbor? If you use spinning gear for these fish you're undergunned unless you're talking VS. No?

gjb1969
12-23-2011, 01:34 AM
some dont like them some cant use them i dont use them and i have no problem with fish in the river the lady has learn how to use the set up i sent them a message on youtube she is getting better and u dont need a vs to get bass in the river

nitestrikes
12-23-2011, 06:52 AM
^^ You also don't need 10 minutes to bring in a 20 lb bass on a boat. There is no catch and release when you are doing that, it's catch and dump back for crab food. That guy is an idiot and someone should send him that message on youtube.

Here are his exact words-

What a goog this guy in the glasses is. Good thing his sister is hot or this would be unwatchable. They really need to learn some simple skills like tightening a drag. *TF?

[For the love of God tighten this womans drag please! lol
jeremyantworth (http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremyantworth)3 months ago

"Rogerhockey999">@jeremyantworth (http://www.youtube.com/comment_search?username=jeremyantworth) I wanted my sister Erika to get a good workout. She plays ice hockey with me and needs more arm strength... Thanks for the comment.

Using the poor excuse of overtiring a fish to get arm strength for ice hockey is the stupidest thing I ever heard. I see that guy is a member of the HRFA. Someone should contact them and tell them this dude is representing them.:bucktooth: I would never join a group that had an idiot like that as a member.

paco33
12-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Using the poor excuse of overtiring a fish to get arm strength for ice hockey is the stupidest thing I ever heard. I see that guy is a member of the HRFA. Someone should contact them and tell them this dude is representing them.:bucktooth: I would never join a group that had an idiot like that as a member.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

williehookem
12-23-2011, 11:43 AM
I disagree, that dude is so comical he should have his own TV show. Dorkwad fisherman of the year. To me that shows that some boaters couldn't catch a fish from land if their lives depended on it.

gjb1969
12-23-2011, 04:00 PM
in stead of jumping on help him to learn we all were not born with all this so called fishing know how

bababooey
12-23-2011, 04:12 PM
^^ gjb, I don't think he is so new to the sport. Take a look at his video channel. He's posting lots of videos. If no one is there to point out his mistakes, he will continue on in his delusional path. Most important point - If he really wanted to learn and was receptive to feedback, do you think he would have posted a comment about helping his sister beef up her muscles by fighting a fish for all of eternity? This guy doesn't have a clue, doesn't want a clue, and sees himself as the next Jaques Cousteau. I kill most of my fish so maybe dark and co think I'm no better, but if I am throwing a fish back, it's in and out of the water quickly. If this blockhead was interested in that he might be teachable. His comments defending himself say to me he is not. You are entitled to your opinion, you teach him.

Beyond the fish, this guy reminds me of the folks who run through a mess of birds and put the fish down. Then, when we look at him in disbelief, he's the type who would look back at you and give you the finger. Or, you're the guy who supposedly fishes that dirty water a lot. What if he came by where you were fishing and drifted into your lines, and kept doing it. Would you be so quick to support him then?http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.png

Niavete, inexperience, and arrogance, a bad combination. And that's just my opinion. You are entitled to yours. Happy Holidays!:HappyWave:

gjb1969
12-23-2011, 04:24 PM
i have spoken to him on line !!

bababooey
12-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Well bully for you. What did that accomplish?:huh:
Will his sister now find her strength training through other means?:ROFLMAO

storminsteve
12-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Funny stuff guys. Can I interest anyone in some spiced eggnog? It's Christmas, can't we all just get along?

gjb1969
12-23-2011, 05:07 PM
well u have to start somewere right

gjb1969
12-23-2011, 05:10 PM
i am cool i dont bash before hand and thats why i spoke to the guy in question now if i see him doing the same thing well he will get bashed thats just how it is

paco33
01-20-2012, 02:33 PM
There is a thread on the internet now where guys are saying they won't fish a town beacause there is crime there and it is not worth it. N**** please! Give me a break. I bet all the guys whining about how dangerous it is drive Volvos. Bunch of mommas boys. If you roll into an urban city looking like you have bling or money you will be a target.

storminsteve
01-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Paco some people aren't wired to fish and the stuff connected to it. I have seen some guys who won't even touch a fish:waaah:. Guys like that are better off with something tamer like macrame or knitting.:laugh:

VSdreams
05-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Blackfish honey hole, lol. Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKABYWHofgs&feature=player_embedded

gjb1969
05-13-2012, 03:22 AM
i got my first keeper of the year and it felt so d good now i hope to get some on plugs just as i was going to pack up and go my reel starts to screem and in comes a nice 31 inch bass15214i hope this is a start of good things to come:fishing::HappyWave::clapping:

cowherder
05-13-2012, 06:05 PM
ijust as i was going to pack up and go my reel starts to screem and in comes a nice 31 inch bassi hope this is a start of good things to come:fishing::HappyWave::clapping:

Nice going gjb. That's how it happens sometimes. Just when you are ready to leave.

7deadlyplugs
05-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Some urban fishing brooklyn style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAk7xg5rvU0&feature=related

7deadlyplugs
05-14-2012, 05:29 PM
There is something about this chick Marcella that is hot. Her face ain't so great, but she looks hot in that bikini!:pig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=r89ubcbgYNc&NR=1

plugcrazy
06-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Yessir always happy to see a new Marcella vid. Smoking body.

Here is some guy fishing the toilet water in NJ for pike. Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou9Tp8J_q8M

Monty
06-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Here is some guy fishing the toilet water in NJ for pike. Awesome.

Cool video. Great top water action....in a dump

gjb1969
06-19-2012, 12:43 AM
i know were that is and its a mess but the the fish are there some good size to it takes a big set to go down there and fish:viking:

7deadlyplugs
11-24-2012, 08:59 AM
bluefish east river, can't wait for spring!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag5e4po3MAk&feature=related

rockhopper
08-01-2013, 06:11 PM
^^^NYC Bob has passed, RIP

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?9123-RIP-Urban-Angler-Bob-Hill

williehookem
04-30-2015, 11:23 AM
RIP to Bob and hope you are catching stripers in heaven.

williehookem
04-30-2015, 11:24 AM
Here is a place where you would never think stripers would be at. Dirty river and they are there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6JhgnEXzQk

williehookem
07-03-2015, 12:22 PM
One where he fishes in NYC. Don't know if this was posted before. Please delete if it has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sditqTUYWsw

williehookem
07-03-2015, 12:24 PM
There is something about this chick Marcella that is hot. Her face ain't so great, but she looks hot in that bikini!:pig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=r89ubcbgYNc&NR=1

I met her and her boyfriend a few years ago. She definitely knows how to catch fish. Not too bad on the eyes either.

storminsteve
12-24-2015, 12:31 PM
Always wanted to fish either in Jersey City or Battery park. Will definitely try it next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MidM268eS4

storminsteve
12-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Guys I love that Marcella chick. Please post more vids if you have em!

plugcrazy
01-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Check these out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hSytyS1Rq4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeUniU0jhFo

albiealert
01-22-2016, 08:50 AM
I don't know whether to give these guys the :kooky: or the :clapping::thumbsup: but I couldn't stop laughing. Hardcore urban anglers with some comedy thrown in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z42Y3IsSr0

7deadlyplugs
01-22-2016, 11:21 AM
LMFAO! Sanford and sons music great touch! Dudes gold teef were the icing on the cake. Thanks for sharing made my day.

jigfreak
01-22-2016, 11:53 AM
Ha yeah saw those gold caps as well. Having a good time and laughing at themselves all good.

hookset
01-22-2016, 09:06 PM
lol Keepin it real in the field aight!

ledhead36
06-28-2017, 02:10 PM
gold teeth, see that a lot where we fish.

ledhead36
06-28-2017, 02:13 PM
Good times.

hookset
06-28-2017, 03:06 PM
Hey I know those spots. Nice photos. That first pic, the bottom is very very sticky.

bababooey
09-04-2017, 03:21 PM
fish from a storm drain. staged or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GAX2bkiPpc