PDA

View Full Version : Using people

hookset
11-26-2009, 12:47 PM
When you are looking for fish do you turn to your fishing buddies for info and reciprocate later on or do you just use others for information? I got a couple of friends who just seem to use me only when they want something. It is beginning to drive me crazy. :burn:

gjb1969
11-26-2009, 12:58 PM
do like i did kick them to the curb if they want to know why u dont bother with them tell them and if they dont like it well f### them:2flip:

voyager35
11-27-2009, 08:37 PM
I have the same problem taking people fishing on the boat. All I ask for is gas money, and we split the cost of any bait and ice. At the end of the trip I expect all parties to help with the boat cleanup. I had one acquaintance give me a hard time about this. He never got invited on a trip again. There are people in this world who don't want to bring anything to the table and expect a free ride. Well, those folks only get to sit at my table once.

baitstealer
11-27-2009, 09:46 PM
There are lots of different times that people use each other.
Does life just go round on "you do something for me and I do something for you?" What ever happened to the times when people helped each other out because that's the right thing to do. Do we always expect something in return for our good deeds?:don't know why:

jimbob
11-28-2009, 10:53 AM
I have fishing buddies and people who know me from fishing that I do not consider buddies. I never ask for any specific info, and will only give specific info to my fishing buddies. all other info is vague at best.

crosseyedbass
12-01-2009, 11:13 AM
What ever happened to the times when people helped each other out because that's the right thing to do. Do we always expect something in return for our good deeds?:don't know why:

If you help someone out with intel and tell the guy to keep quiet about it, and the next week he's there with 2 other guys, that's a slap in the face. A guy like that doesn't deserve any more help, he deserves a bath in the cold sea.

I have fishing buddies and people who know me from fishing that I do not consider buddies. I never ask for any specific info, and will only give specific info to my fishing buddies. all other info is vague at best.

Right on.:thumbsup:

buckethead
12-01-2009, 12:02 PM
do like i did kick them to the curb if they want to know why u dont bother with them tell them and if they dont like it well f### them:2flip:

what gjb said, most people who are leeches like that will not have a clue that they're tools, so why bother explaining it to them. They just don't care.

basshunter
12-01-2009, 03:04 PM
I try it out once give them a little intel. If they are not forcoming with intel when I am stuck then I never share with them again. One good turn deserves another.

surfwalker
12-02-2009, 07:58 PM
“When you are looking for fish do you turn to your fishing buddies for info and reciprocate later on or do you just use others for information?”

I don’t ask or depend on reports by others and I won’t use others just for information. While I appreciate the information (always glad to hear that Bass are around) from reliable regular sources that only tell a few people, there are the others that can’t keep their mouth shut and blab all over the place. Where there were only a few casters, it's now taken over by the masses, I don’t enjoy crowds. I’ll make my own reports.
As far as reciprocating, even if I don’t use their information I will pass along some intel that I have come across to certain trustworthy people, asking for nothing in return.

“I got a couple of friends who just seem to use me only when they want something. It is beginning to drive me crazy”.

Do yourself a favor and dump those people. They’re not friends, they are just Users, see gjb1969 thread above, my feelings also. Who needs that type, they know where the water is.

jonthepain
12-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Who needs that type, they know where the water is.

:laugh:

succinct