PDA

View Full Version : West Wind Wally thread... a SHOWDOWN! NE vs NW fishin....[PARENTAL ADVISORY]

DarkSkies
11-27-2009, 11:25 PM
The Northeasters is what you wanna fish... Al McReynolds caught his trophy striped bass during a Noreaster!!!

"E or NE is what ya want!"

"Yes you do want a NE blow anytime"

"I have had my best days in the middle of raging noreasters, nothing else compares!!!"

"Storm coming in mid week. Get ready for more great fishing."

DarkSkies
11-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Are any of the above statements true for NJ?

OR... does a NW/W weather pattern produce a better bite?

I realize it's different for Montauk and other states, but the big arguments arose about NJ noreaster fishing, so that's what we'll address in this thread. Here's a reply I posted:

Even if people don't always report what they catch, the average catches during these NE weather patterns are nowhere near what we had with sustained NW winds. I have friends who caught 80 fish in the 24 hours of 11/6 to 11/7. Others caught over 200 in the week where NW patterns were most evident. Even if many people don't report their catches, as is the usually the case with guys who do really well, there have been no numbers of fish even approaching that taken this week. What does that tell you?

Again, I'm not trying to start or continue arguments here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My main point is that it's more productive to fish a hard NW weather pattern.

Here's some of the reasons why, and why it's different for places like Montauk. I posted this elswhere and thought some guys might like to read it here....

Hard NW is a day that you should be on the beach at all costs, whereas a NE pattern, which is forecast to hit us for a large amount of the remaining fall season, is less productive for NJ surf fishng. NW is the best!

Here's a post I put up giving an overview of NJ and NY, and what's left for our NJ surf season...
NY
There's a large body of fish off LI, but in deeper water for the most part, as well. There have also been some spectacular catches from certain LI beaches in the last week,

The Northeast patterns have not hurt them as much as NJ. Montauk is situated in a position where such a pattern is less damaging. IMO a big part of the bite at Montauk and the areas directly S of that is more dependent on current, tide, and bait migration, than it is on the weather. The bait migration tends to be closer to Montauk point and the beaches S of that because of those additional factors.

IMO, naturally. ;)

NJ
If you have a chance, try to get out on a boat for some of the offshore bass action. They're still moving through, but in deeper water. In RB they're still getting fish between the channels. Bigger bass are now being caught in the Del and Chesapeake bays, and at the CBBT.

For the most part in NJ, (as Finchaser, Sharkhart, and others have seemed like they were preaching to us, but were actually crystal clear in their predictions) :thumbsup: this Northeast pattern causes bait to eventually move offshore. A sustained Northeast pattern, together with the double sandbars that exist in some areas, means that a lot of surf fishermen are shut out of the final push to the fall migration. Sustained N/NE patterns kill the bite for the NJ surf guys.

There are always exceptions in any case. I don't want people to think I'm speaking in absolutes here. I just want to try to paint a picture of what generally happens so people have a better idea of when to fish, and when they might be wasting their time.

DarkSkies
11-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Just so things can remain fair, I brought in West Wind Wally as a Stripers and Anglers advisor. ;) :cool:

He's a little cantankerous, but I think he's a good dude, and deserves to be heard. So ya can expect to hear from him more and more on this issue. He'll weigh in with his .02 when it's needed. :lookhappy:

I apologize ahead of time if his language is a little salty. I'm tryin to teach him some manners, but so far not much success. :don't know why:

WARNING: Parental Advisory:
I would like all parents to please be advised that Wally is a somewhat controversial character. His speech is peppered with salty language and some profanities. Now that we are getting members in different age groups, I don't want to set a poor language example for the young folks out there.

Please be advised that I would prefer parents not let their children view any of these West Wind Wally videos unless they have reviewed them first and determined they are appropriate.

DarkSkies
11-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Thursday, Thanksgiving 11/26/09

OceanCounty - there were 3-5 beaches where the bass fishin was great, with catches up to 25/person, and several others where people at least caught a few fish.

MoCo- spectacular action at a few moco beaches, with some friends catching up to 15 bass.

What was the wind for this day?
Slight, E (minimizing from the NE pattern we had just had), and trending toward a W/NW

Friday, Nov 27, 2009
Ocean County - less big fish than Thur, but a good number of smaller fish into the teens. One fish 25# that I know of was caught in the ocean county area.

Monmouth county - several fish to the teens, confirmed by B&T weigh ins. The biggest bass caught today I know of was 18#

What was the wind for this day?
NW/W with gusts up to 30mph.

How many bass 18 and 25# were caught during the noreasters in the last 3 weeks? :kooky: :rolleyes: At least 2, you say? :ROFLMAO

finchaser
11-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Gotta :heart: WWW oh by the way a 26.9 was caught today a hair south of you

SharkHart
11-28-2009, 08:44 PM
These "hollywood effects" are somthing, is wally CGI

DarkSkies
11-28-2009, 08:51 PM
These "hollywood effects" are somthing, is wally CGI

If you mean Certifiably Googtastic Insane, yes, it's possible. :kooky:

G saw the latest (3rd) installment and told me I got issues. :laugh:

I'll post the 2nd installment tonight, the latest installment tomorrow, which might offend one or 2 people. But hey, Effumall! :2flip: ;)

I think West Wind Wally might become the S&A mascot. Only time will tell. :cool:

DarkSkies
11-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Here ya go:

DarkSkies
11-28-2009, 09:18 PM
This is Capn Bob Bogan's Gambler report from 11/26. Of course, the theme of this thread is the effects of a NW pattern VS a NE pattern for SURF fishin. The reason I'm posting it is even a seasoned party boat captain knows when he catches the most fish. ;)

[NW wind and Gambler report
Don't let the NW winds keep you home tomorrow or Saturday. It won't be rough inside the 3 mile line and the bass bite good during a strong NWester.

Fishing was non-stop today. Bass and blues were taking AVAs and anything that looked like a sandeel. It seemed like the rental rods outfished the hard-core fishermen, which would indicate a slower retreive is the ticket.

We had a couple bass close to 20lbs today.

Have a great and safe Thanksgiving, see you over the weekend.]

Capt Bob

DarkSkies
11-28-2009, 10:58 PM
I know y'all will be lining up to meet Wally. :rolleyes: :kooky:

I'm in charge of the promo and world tour, sort of like his agent. However, I take no responsibility for any inflammatory or disrespectful statements he makes. :laugh: ;) For those who can't get enough, stay tuned. He tells me he'll be posting reports until the end of the season, whenever there's west wind fishin. :fishing:

Here's some late season publicity pics I took the other day. :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
11-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Some of the bigger bass I witnessed today:

38", about 18, caught 9am.

32", caught around 8:30am

33" fat belly, about 15, caught 3pm.

What was the wind?
West! ;)

surferman
11-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Welcome to the site WWWalley! Glad to have you on board. :HappyWave:
Your reports are awsome and very entertaining!

cowherder
11-29-2009, 06:13 PM
I know y'all will be lining up to meet Wally. :rolleyes: :kooky:

I'm in charge of the promo and world tour, sort of like his agent. However, I take no responsibility for any inflammatory or disrespectful statements he makes. :laugh: ;) For those who can't get enough, stay tuned. He tells me he'll be posting reports until the end of the season, whenever there's west wind fishin. :fishing:

Here's some late season publicity pics I took the other day. :HappyWave:

Darkskies = KrazyKamper!:kooky:
That was a barrel of laughs Dark, please keep this up!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

lostatsea
11-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Here ya go:

Darkskies = KrazyKamper!:kooky:
That was a barrel of laughs Dark, please keep this up!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

:thumbsup:X2! I love where he says "I'm hungry" Dark your creative genius is one of the things I love about this site.
One question, do the voices in your head ever answer you back?:scared:;)

DarkSkies
11-29-2009, 10:47 PM
:thumbsup:X2! I love where he says "I'm hungry" Dark your creative genius is one of the things I love about this site.
One question, do the voices in your head ever answer you back?:scared:;)

Hey, my life is no picnic, sometimes they answer in color! :kooky: :laugh:

g874H2GBPlA

Some of the bigger bass caught today:

Killie's bass, somewhere around 20, caught and released. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

A mid teens bass we saw caught in OC.

Some later on where the adult bunker were, along with some fat bluefish to 15.

What was the wind? W, trending toward SW.
Not an Easterly breeze to be found. :D

DarkSkies
11-29-2009, 10:51 PM
I have a late report from West Wind Wally, enjoy. :lookhappy:

jonthepain
11-30-2009, 06:57 AM
I think you've been nipping at the bunker oil again DS

west wind wally lol

mick2360
11-30-2009, 05:49 PM
WWW: A Star is Born! :)

DarkSkies
11-30-2009, 11:07 PM
I think you've been nipping at the bunker oil again DS

west wind wally lol

I wonder if I take the bunker oil, put it in a pipe and smoke it, if that will be violating my sobriety?:don't know why: I heard doing that gives you magical fishing powers and psychedelic dreams. :lookhappy: ;) :laugh:

DarkSkies
11-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Catches for Monday:
Mostly smaller bass with a few larger ones up to 34".

One 29" bass caught just as it turned dark.

Where was the wind from?
W/NW ! :D

To be honest, there are a lot of factors that affect fishing. It's not always about the wind. Today the biggest factor IMO was the appearance of small bait. You can have a driving NW without bait where guys catch nothing.

However, the W/NW pattern is more consistent for catching fish in the SURF in NJ. This has been shown to be true time and time again by people who fish frequently and keep comprehensive log books.

It's also the case that you can get into a good bite at the beginning of a NE weather pattern. IMO this is because even though strong NE winds will cause most bait to re-locate offshore, at the beginning this will not have happened yet.

Additionally, the drastic barometric pressure drop frequently found at the FRONT SIDE of a NE weather pattern often stimulates fish to put on the feed bag. You can have a great bite during that window, but sustained NE weather shuts the bite down, at least in NJ.

I got a very well-worded e-mail from a guy today detailing his views on this. I thought it covered both sides of this fairly. I'm hoping he'll join here and will post it. If he doesn't get around to joining, in a week I may post his thoughts. They were diplomatic yet backed up by fishing experience during both weather patterns. :thumbsup:

In the meantime, you people will have to suffer through my reports and those from West Wind Wally as I try to bring some humor to those cold winter days when the striped bass are officially gone from this area. :cool:

DarkSkies
11-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Here ya go! :fishing:

DarkSkies
12-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Some people are still dealing with older computers and mentioned they had trouble loading these videos. I compiled a list of suggestions for those people to make it easier to view.

The chief issue is having enough RAM, but you can get around that with a little patience. I'll post these helpful instructions in a day or so....:HappyWave:

c4charlie
12-01-2009, 10:01 AM
I have found that on Vimeo, if you have trouble streaming the video as it is loading here is the solution.

Open the video, click pause immediately when it starts, wait for the video to completely load (you should see the green bar filling up from left to right).

Once the video completely loads, unpause and you will have a stutter free video because it is already in your computers memory.

fishinmission78
12-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Here ya go! :fishing:

You are sick and twisted DS, keep em comin.
I think you're too politically correct, you should just call a *** a ***, less words that way.:clapping:

DarkSkies
12-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, C4. :thumbsup: Any others who have their own tips, feel free to add them. In the end, I'll try to put it together in one post for people who have older PCs.

There was some good action in the daylight today, :thumbsup::thumbsup: There are still some decent fish to be caught, but it should be a majority of smaller fish from now on. (except for today) ;) There are herring being caught in LI now, that could change things up a bit as they start to filter into the usual areas here.

Here's the latest post by Capt Ron Santee of the Fisherman. The sentiments of Capt Ron are probably echoed by a majority of party boat captains at this point. This is the reality we face, except for a few days or hours of hot fishing, with lots of fishless time in between:

A post from Captain Ron on the Fisherman from monday 11/30
Not a good bite again today as we covered the miles looking for signs of life.
Read fish, would stop and catch a couple bass and an odd bluefish then that was it. Tried to get back on them, the'd be gone!
Finished up back in the channels with the same conditions and same type of bite, by then the rain had started, time to go.
Even the Bluefish that were so abundant the past two weeks have taken a break or have just moved on...
Same situation every year, we catch the hell out of them for a week or so, they leave with the main body of bait, the weather gets cold then the smaller fish take over to finish out the season. I'll let you know when the "Fat lady has Sung".....Capt.ron

storminsteve
12-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Wow you're really out there, Dark, somewhere in deep dark space.:kooky::bong2:
Great stuff, keep em comin!:thumbsup:

DarkSkies
12-03-2009, 01:47 PM
West wind wally was out again and on the beach! :D

nitestrikes
12-03-2009, 05:06 PM
West wind wally was out again and on the beach! :D

The fish are choowwwwwwwwwin!:ROFLMAO Stupendously twisted, funny as hell. I don't know what else to say.:don't know why: Keep up the twisted work.
As for the noreasters, I like northwest wind better. It can be a good bite at the beginning of the noreaster if bait is pushed into the wash, but I think someone already said that here.

DarkSkies
12-04-2009, 11:39 PM
One of the best so far...:D :HappyWave:
I'm not rehearsing em beforehand any more, completely ad-libbed, mistakes and all, no edits.

buckethead
12-05-2009, 10:49 AM
West Wind Walley Rocks! It is so funny I am :ROFLMAO. Great Job Dark!

cowherder
12-05-2009, 03:28 PM
One of the best so far...:D :HappyWave:
I'm not rehearsing em beforehand any more, completely ad-libbed, mistakes and all, no edits.

:laugh:I guess you're good friends with Finchaser, can I ask you a question then, Is he really that crabby in real life or do you just play it up for the internet?:huh:

CharlieTuna
12-05-2009, 04:13 PM
:clapping::clapping::clapping::thumbsup: Classic comedy with an aggressive twist, that's what I would call it. I just got your pm about the www series, dark, and I heartily approve. :laugh:The stripers have left us and I'm bored. I think you might even be able to put out a line of t-shirts soon, who knows. Keep us laughing, this world could always use a little humor, and thanks for all you do.

dogfish
12-05-2009, 05:16 PM
You are sick and twisted DS, keep em comin.
I think you're too politically correct, you should just call a *** a ***, less words that way.:clapping:

What he said twisted fun! Dark I noticed you're breathing heavy in the videos, are you a smoker, or are you doing something with Wally before you prop him up?:ROFLMAO:moon: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
12-05-2009, 06:50 PM
:laugh:I guess you're good friends with Finchaser, can I ask you a question then, Is he really that crabby in real life or do you just play it up for the internet?:huh:

He's a certified Old Grouchy Bassturd, which from now on I'll abbreviate as OGB. :ROFLMAO

They don't make em any grouchier than that! ;) But with all his rants and raves, deep down it's because he's seen the striped bass fishery fall apart before his very eyes, get rebuilt again, and it's now about to fall apart again. He's mad as hell about it, and will give concrete facts, figures, and internet data to anyone who'll listen. :learn:

He's also a true friend and extemely generous guy...with his time, the things he does for those less fortunate, and the priceless advice he dispenses. (but God help ya if ya don't follow the advice he gives, you become destined to be in "Killie-land" :laugh:)

I'm glad our paths crossed, and am honored to know him, who he really is. A tough guy with a heart of gold. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think you might even be able to put out a line of t-shirts soon, who knows. Keep us laughing, this world could always use a little humor, and thanks for all you do.

I'll let it build some recognition for awhile. Meanwhile, anyone who needs great quality T-shirts or any kinds of signs at reasonable prices, call Killie, AKA the fishing curse. :moon: :HappyWave: :thumbsup: He'll treat ya right and give you good value for your $$.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=5183

What he said twisted fun! Dark I noticed you're breathing heavy in the videos, are you a smoker, or are you doing something with Wally before you prop him up?:ROFLMAO:moon: :HappyWave:

I try to do the videos on a covert ops basis, quick in and out, no witnesses to the madness. It's kinda freaky for people to see a grown man at the beach talking to a rubber lizard and filming it. :eek: I could get locked up ya know. :kooky:

So I'm usually running to a spot where I might have 2 minutes of clear film time, and might have to quickly change location when someone comes to fish, jog on the beach, walk their dog, etc. Hence the heavy breathing.

It ain't easy being me. ;)

DarkSkies
12-05-2009, 06:58 PM
I got knocked down and bounced around on the outer bar as the tide came in today because there seemed to be some fish siittin in the outer trough just beyond.

Here's a POV for anyone who hasn't been there and thinks it's a great place to be, fishin in a Noreaster. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

Waves ain't that big, but the 3 sec duration and double waves made it challenging. ;)

DarkSkies
12-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Wally made an appearance today, and has some interesting things to say about SharkHart. :2flip: :D

Here ya go:

SharkHart
12-05-2009, 07:10 PM
I just googled "restraining order"

DarkSkies
12-05-2009, 07:27 PM
^^ :ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO Believe me it ain't too flattering, but you'll get over it....:rolleyes:

SharkHart
12-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I have to sit down with "Wally" and give him some video effect tips

DarkSkies
12-05-2009, 08:52 PM
^ All kidding aside, I think that's your best yet. Someday I'm gonna learn to edit like that, awesome. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

( I still say ya ain't got the balz to eat half a raw shark heart.):2flip: :laugh:

Monty
12-05-2009, 08:53 PM
West Wind Wally :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO

vpass
12-05-2009, 09:56 PM
OMG, :ROFLMAO funny ****.

Pebbles
12-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Way to Go WW Walley, you made my day.:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO

Pebbles
12-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Sharkhart, You video's are always enjoyable and incredible to watch!:thumbsup:

vpass
12-05-2009, 11:32 PM
I have to sit down with "Wally" and give him some video effect tips

:wow: shark awsome videos.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

SharkHart
12-06-2009, 12:25 AM
thanks guys, this is the video before the video, Guess im doing trailers now, got a few more shots id like to get, I ll let things get back to Wally now :thumbsup:

DarkSkies
12-06-2009, 10:05 PM
He appeared for a short time today, I'll have the report up by 11pm tonight. Gannets and herring. :drool: :heart:

DarkSkies
12-08-2009, 11:42 AM
West wind Wally made an appearance today. It was a slow pick. He did have something to say about Amboy Angler.

*(I'll try to have the video up by 10pm)

blitzhunter
12-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Can't wait to see what West Wind Wally has to say. Seems to be the most excitement I get in my life lately.

DarkSkies
12-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Fishing: It was a very slow pick for bass, some isolated areas had decent fishing, LBI fishermen did well, and a lot of dead water in between.

There were about 7 miles of bunker, as Finchaser said.

There were fish EXPLODING on them about 1/2 mile out. It looked like warplanes were dropping bombs from the air into the water, the explosions were so big. :bigeyes: :viking: :dribble:

So the boat guys did well, after all someone had to be in on this great BASS action, right?????

Only thing, it wasn't bass, it was TUNA! :dribble:

Big bluefin tuna, in December, in 45 degree water, 1/2 mile off the beach, blasting bunker! And these bunker were the biggest bunker of the fall, 12-16". You could put a saddle on the bunker and ride em. :D

Here's Wally's report:

Also a little shout out to AmboyAngler, a member here and a good friend. He's obsessive about electronics. He knows the latest and greatest about the coolest products in the tech world.

And he knows more about computers than someone twice his age. :thumbsup:

He's the one who pushed me to buy a camera & getting involved with Vimeo, which IMO is light years ahead of youtube in terms of the user friendly features.

Thanks again AA. :HappyWave: :clapping: :thumbsup:

vpass
12-08-2009, 10:00 PM
:ROFLMAO loved the last line, it a killer.

baitstealer
12-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Funny videos ds, keep em coming!:laugh: :thumbsup:

plugaholic
12-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Fishing: It was a very slow pick for bass, some isolated areas had decent fishing, LBI fishermen did well, and a lot of dead water in between.

There were about 7 miles of bunker, as Finchaser said.

There were fish EXPLODING on them about 1/2 mile out. It looked like warplanes were dropping bombs from the air into the water, the explosions were so big. :bigeyes: :viking: :dribble:

So the boat guys did well, after all someone had to be in on this great BASS action, right?????

Only thing, it wasn't bass, it was TUNA! :dribble:

Big bluefin tuna, in December, in 45 degree water, 1/2 mile off the beach, blasting bunker! And these bunker were the biggest bunker of the fall, 12-16". You could put a saddle on the bunker and ride em. :D

Here's Wally's report:

Also a little shout out to AmboyAngler, a member here and a good friend. He's obsessive about electronics. He knows the latest and greatest about the coolest products in the tech world.

And he knows more about computers than someone twice his age. :thumbsup:

He's the one who pushed me to buy a camera & getting involved with Vimeo, which IMO is light years ahead of youtube in terms of the user friendly features.

Thanks again AA. :HappyWave: :clapping: :thumbsup:

"I'm a good lookin lizard so I have to have my best shots---" Haha great stuff!:clapping:

seamonkey
12-10-2009, 10:26 PM
:ROFLMAO DS, your a sick dude!

surferman
12-11-2009, 10:16 AM
:clapping::clapping::clapping::thumbsup: Classic comedy with an aggressive twist, that's what I would call it. I just got your pm about the www series, dark, and I heartily approve. :laugh:The stripers have left us and I'm bored. I think you might even be able to put out a line of t-shirts soon, who knows. Keep us laughing, this world could always use a little humor, and thanks for all you do.

I think t-shirts are a great idea. If you guys ever make a list of people who would buy one, count me in! Keep em coming DS, I can't fish and I'm bored too!:thumbsup:

DarkSkies
12-11-2009, 04:58 PM
West wind wally tried to chase after the OGB Finchaser today, sort of a shadow exercise, but that wily Finchaser eluded him, :2flip: so Wally was a little crabby. He gave his report anyway.

vpass
12-11-2009, 06:29 PM
:ROFLMAO Dump in the stocking,:wow: classic.:thumbsup:

fishinmission78
12-12-2009, 02:33 PM
:clapping:Great stuff keep up the good work.

DarkSkies
12-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Not much to report today but Wally was out there anyway with his commentary.

*I lent the other HD camera out and shot this with a spare. I noticed a real difference in the quality, not one of my best efforts, but it's something for you people to look at when ya ain't fishin. :don't know why: :fishing:

DarkSkies
12-14-2009, 06:21 PM
West Wind Wally heard the fat lady today...

Other than a "hot" clam bite at IBSP, there was a lot of dead water out there today...

DarkSkies
12-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Wally was feelin under the weather and had a slight cold, no reports today. :( He did ask me to say What's up! :HappyWave: to all you out in the fishin world. :moon:

He also said there is still a maddeningly slow, intermittent pick of fish, but only for an hour or so at dawn or dusk, and the fish are so tiny they have diapers on. ;) 95% of the guys have given up, and the rest out there are working their aZZes off for every fish they catch. Fish are few and far between, the cold is brutal. :scared: Many internet reports are talking it up, but the truth is all the easy fish are gone. Even catching 1 is an achievement now.

He also mentioned that this thread got 666 views and wanted some special music in honor of that. Here ya go, people:

DEeRL94Rzbw

LSPirTVKm9U

DarkSkies
12-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Fat lady came rolling along...:)

It stayed in the 20 degree range for about 2 hours. The gannets were about 300' offshore. I marked herring schools in 3 places. This time they had bass under them, just out of reach of surfcasters. :burn: Not one fish was caught from the beach, while 1/2 mile offshore they got bass to 22#.

Miles of empty beach.

Lone fisherman on the beach.

storminsteve
12-18-2009, 12:32 PM
I don't know how much longer you can do this Rich. I hope Wally had extra layers of clothes today. This guy tried to hitch a ride --

rockhopper
12-18-2009, 12:37 PM
I don't know how much longer you can do this Rich. I hope Wally had extra layers of clothes today. This guy tried to hitch a ride --

hah, cool!:cool:

basshunter
12-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Those video's are great. I would say maybe West Wind Wally needs some long underware to keep him from getting sick again.

cowherder
12-19-2009, 01:52 PM
20 degrees, never saw a beach looking so empty. At least you don't have to worry about having elbow room.:HappyWave:

albiealert
12-26-2009, 01:08 PM
I was wondering when wally will have a chance to get out again for a beach report. Things are kind of boring here and I went over this whole thread. Very creative.:clapping:

wish4fish
12-26-2009, 03:01 PM
year rich if you cant get out there let me know ill film it for you. this rain is driveing me crazy and i have to get out there maybe tomorrow ill call you if its happening anywhere bro.

DarkSkies
12-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Wally made an appearance today.

DarkSkies
02-27-2010, 11:12 AM
2-14-10 West Wind Wally visits Cape May for Valentines day

bababooey
02-27-2010, 08:31 PM
2-14-10 West Wind Wally visits Cape May for Valentines day

Kiss her hiney, nice and shiney? :huh: Boy Dark I must say Pebbles is sure lucky to have landed such a romantic catch as you.;)

DarkSkies
03-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Wally came out today...

jigfreak
03-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Wally is right.
Get out and fish!!:fishing:

DarkSkies
03-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Wally and the March 2010 noreaster!

I would like all parents to please be advised that Wally is a somewhat controversial character. His speech is peppered with salty language and some profanities. Now that we are getting members in different age groups, I don't want to set a poor language example for the young folks out there.

Please be advised that I would prefer parents not let their children view any of these West Wind Wally videos unless they have reviewed them first and determined they are appropriate.

From now on, going forward from this date, I will stamp a "Parental Advisory" warning" at the top of EACH West Wind Wally post that may contain inappropriate language. Thanks for reading this, folks! :HappyWave:

Wally makes an appearance in Forked River...

lostatsea
03-14-2010, 09:53 PM
:clapping::clapping::clapping:Wally you are one of the most funny guys on the web. Keep the reports coming.

DarkSkies
03-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Wally made another appearance today, and had some comments about some of the guys who went, particularly Finchaser. :laugh:

From now on, going forward from this date, I will stamp a "Parental Advisory" warning" at the top of EACH West Wind Wally post that may contain inappropriate language. Thanks for reading this, folks! :HappyWave:

stripercrazy
03-15-2010, 05:29 PM
You should start a youtube channel dark and share your sickness with the world.:d

finchaser
03-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Parents should be advised to keep young kids off these sites and take responsibility for there own kids if certain words offend them.:huh: It's not the worlds responsibility to shelter them. I'm sure they hear and use worse words in school.

DarkSkies
03-15-2010, 10:51 PM
I agree Fin, but after doing the interview of Ryan of Ryan's Rigs at Asbury on Sunday, I realized that we may have some minors joining this site in the future.

I love to joke and bust balls and don't think there's anything wrong with what we do here. But I did have to look at some of my language and think if that would be setting the best example for the young folks. :don't know why:

Kids today are very impressionable. I know they can hear and see much worse on the internet without any restrictions. I'm just concerned that kids might see these West Wind Wally videos and think of him as a kids' cartoon character. His character was created as adult entertainment, and I just wanted to make people aware of that as they supervise their childrens' web viewing in instances when they visit us here. :thumbsup:

DarkSkies
05-04-2010, 12:33 AM
I fell a little behind on the West Wind Wally videos...

DarkSkies
05-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Here ya go....

DarkSkies
06-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Wally ventured out 5-23, found some cows being caught off the rockpiles. :wow: :fishing:

He also gives a shout out to the members of the Effumall club. :2flip::2flip:

albiealert
06-05-2010, 03:21 PM
"did ya miss me?
well I didn't miss you, I'm in the effumall club!"

Dark, great stuff, when are you going to sell west wind wally t-shirts? And I like the effumall club too. Is that like :2flip: eff :2flip: em :2flip: all?

Pebbles
06-06-2010, 09:20 PM
It always makes me laugh.

rip316
06-06-2010, 09:57 PM
My kids **** themselves.

storminsteve
06-07-2010, 04:56 AM
:clapping::clapping:west wind wally for President! He has to be a lot better choice than the idiot in office now.

rip316
06-07-2010, 09:56 AM
What he said.

stripermania
06-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Great stuff keep'em coming:ROFLMAO

hookset
06-14-2010, 06:09 PM
I'm bored, when is the next Wally episode due?:d

7deadlyplugs
09-23-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm bored, when is the next Wally episode due?:d

X2, where can Wally be?:don't know why:

Pebbles
09-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Maybe he went out on his kayak and ran into an old friend.

DarkSkies
09-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Maybe he went out on his kayak and ran into an old friend.

That's possible, Pebbles. He finally made an appearance today :HappyWave:

crosseyedbass
09-25-2010, 03:54 PM
:clapping: Ha Ha that was hilarious, next time you should get someone to chew on the worms like that guy did in his videos.

wish4fish
09-25-2010, 04:47 PM
:clapping: Ha Ha that was hilarious, next time you should get someone to chew on the worms like that guy did in his videos.

pick me dark ill do it, lol!:drool:

fishinmission78
09-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Wally needs some throat lozenges.:d Good stuff, dude.:thumbsup:

seamonkey
09-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Great report Wally!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Glad to see you are back.

nitestrikes
09-28-2010, 03:27 PM

Yeah, I think it's time to take this to the next level too, we want to see worm blood and fish guts.:drool:

And as for your West vs East weather argument Dark, I have to tell you BB and I were at Montauk yesterday and slayed the fish.
The winds were from the E/NE about 15mph. Just saying.:d

rockhopper
10-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Darkskies you should bring west wind wally to Montauk, that would be awesome!:fishing: :plastered:

DarkSkies
11-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Wally needs some throat lozenges.:d Good stuff, dude.:thumbsup:

The one I shot today was a classic combo of the Wally character and the gruiff OGB y'all have come to know and love. :kooky: :ROFLMAO

I'll post that as soon as I can. In the meantime, here's one I shot last week. (you'll also have to wait for that one, the fish are calling...;))

Wally says....get out there and fish!!!

ledhead36
11-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Hey Dark, do you have any animation skills? If you could do one with Wally taking a giant lizard dump on Obama's head, that would be great.

rip316
11-04-2010, 10:03 PM
You could name him West World Obama. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bababooey
11-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Anxiously awaiting those new videos Dark. Where are they? :don't know why:

DarkSkies
11-11-2010, 07:32 PM
OK, for the googan squad ;) :HappyWave: here's one that was shot Oct 26, the week that some fish to 47# were caught from the surf.

In this one, you have West Wind Wally as he takes a bathroom break..... :d

http://vimeo.com/16750980

This is OK, but not half as funny as the next one, where Wally rants at the top of his lungs at the "whitewater Noreaster freaks" and even makes fun of Finchaser and some esteemed Effumall club members.

I'll post that one tomorrow, but for those smart enough to click a few icons, you can see it tonight on Vimeo as well. :fishing:

storminsteve
11-11-2010, 08:40 PM
"like the fat cows, like the fat girl you groped when you were 17 and at the prom":laugh::laugh: :plastered:
I'm thinking that a lot of your west wind wally angst comes from personal experience, DS. Whatever it is, I'm glad you had a life that can produce sick rants. Keep it up! Really enjoyed that.:clapping::clapping:

gjb1969
11-11-2010, 11:01 PM
fat cows i love it:D glad to see wallys back

DarkSkies
11-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Wally was out 11-4-10, in some nasty seas. Where were all the hardcore noreaster fishermen, Wally wants to know...:laugh:

He also has some choice comments about Finchaser, Killie, and the Effumall Fishing Club.

rip316
11-12-2010, 12:45 PM
That is hystericaL. Dark, What is wrong with you. Holy chit.

jigfreak
11-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Dark I don't know how much caffeine you drink. Whatever amount it is, you need to cut it in half. You're gonna have a heart attack out there one day if you keep ranting like that. You (Wally):d sound like a raving lunatic, but I can't stop laughing http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon14.gif :viking: Loved it!
And you're right, the NW pattern is a lot more stable and produces bigger fish in NJ for guys tossing artificials. The NE just turns everything into slop. It there was a strong NW last night I know I would have had double digits.

cowherder
11-12-2010, 01:09 PM
",,,look at this all you freaking internet idiots!,,,,where are all the northeaster fishermen now,,,,counted 2 of them on the beach"

That couldn't have been funnier than if you scripted it on paper and stayed up all night trying for the right line. I remember when you first started this it sounded like you were reading from a paper. This way is much more natural, and raw, the insanity comes through clearly, with all the flaws or bloopers that others might edit out. Please don't change your style, the on-the-edge commentary is fantastic. Great job!

I'm stuck inside work today wondering if the guys will be catching. I just showed that to some of my co-workers, and they all agree you need professional help! Yet you did give us the laughs we needed to get through the day. Thanks and keep them coming, we missed wally!:clapping: :thumbsup: :headbang: :plastered:

fishinmission78
11-12-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm stuck inside work today wondering if the guys will be catching. I just showed that to some of my co-workers, and they all agree you need professional help! Yet you did give us the laughs we needed to get through the day.

The morning bite wasn't that great where I was cowherder, you're not missing much. Maybe try this afternoon.

And DS, did you know they now have psychiatric counselling available to people on a sliding fee scale?:kooky:
Really did like those rants in that rocks video though, you're spot on, good stuff.:thumbsup:

bababooey
11-12-2010, 04:04 PM
:clapping::clapping: Over the top, dark, maybe too far over -------:scared:
Fantastically funny.:ROFLMAO
I could imagine if someone came by when you were filming that, some calls would have been made.:kooky:

bababooey
11-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Question:Is Killie really a rat bastard, or does he only play one on TV?:laugh:

vpass
11-13-2010, 09:34 AM
West wind Wally Rocks.:headbang::headbang:

You had me :ROFLMAO.

BassBuddah
11-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Dark, I hear that MadTV has a job opening, you should apply for it.
I don't know what to say. Those videos are over the edge, a little bit of the "dark side of dark" Very funny, keep up the good work.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

dogfish
11-13-2010, 05:34 PM
I have to tell ya I watched the 2nd video and thought you started drinking again!:plastered: DS be careful with all that screaming and ranting you might burst a blood vessel. I'm still laughing too, funny and irrevverent as hell, good on ya!:thumbsup: :wheeeee:

VSdreams
11-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Mooks and googans, mooks and googans!
What is a mook?
What is a googan?:ROFLMAO

buckethead
11-13-2010, 09:47 PM
I didn't know you have two personalities. What does Pebbles think about you turning into a lizard after midnight?:ROFLMAO

surferman
11-14-2010, 12:07 PM
:clapping::clapping::clapping: :thumbsup: Dark, you are SICK!!!!! roflmao!! Keep up the great work!

nitestrikes
11-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Mooks and googans, mooks and googans!
What is a mook?
What is a googan?:ROFLMAO

Mook ---
"Coined in the Scorsese film, 'Mean Streets', meaning a arsehole or loser.
(noun) 1: A male adolescent or young adult exhibiting an unpleasant, self-centered attitude, formed during a sheltered upbringing. 2: One who revels in their own ignorance."

Googan ---
"A fishing (not sexual) term for lowlife, shore(bank) fishermen who baitfish typically without a license, regard to regulations, and etiquette towards other people, especially other fishermen following the rules.
Damn, I couldn't find a spot at the river yesterday. It was totally full of googans hogging up the place, dropping f-bombs, and snagging fish."

CharlieTuna
11-14-2010, 12:46 PM
I like Dillydock myself, I think we coined that when I lived back in Jersey. Funny videos, DS, nice work. :thumbsup:

wish4fish
11-14-2010, 01:12 PM
:headbang:ha ha mooks googans an dillydocks love it! dark i wanna be in the next wally video call me when ur doing it!

storminsteve
11-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Wally was out 11-4-10, in some nasty seas. Where were all the hardcore noreaster fishermen, Wally wants to know...:laugh:

He also has some choice comments about Finchaser, Killie, and the Effumall Fishing Club.

Northeaster and whitewater fishing sucks! :moon:
Give us some west or northwest wind please before I go out of my mind! Funny ****, dark, wally rocks!:clapping:
And how do I get into the Effumall club, is membership still open, or closed?

7deadlyplugs
11-18-2010, 04:45 PM
rofl, the voice behind the lizard must have a twisted brain connected to it!:clapping::clapping: Awesome, you should come out to LI this week Dark, check your PMs.

paco33
01-28-2011, 09:24 AM
I was bored at work and went through some of these videos. The mind behind them is definitely creative. A little scarey, but creative. Don't you ever wonder what people will think if they happen upon you as you are shooting these videos? It must be a strange sight. That being said, I think west wind wally needs to go out in the winter and bring us some more videos. I am sick of the snow and looking for anything to keep my mind off it, so keep them coming, please!

DarkSkies
10-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Almost time for the WW Wally videos to re-sume shooting, but we can't find Wally. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.png
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8003-Help-me-find-West-Wind-Wally-get-a-reward!

His cousin West Wind Ralph arrived from the West Coast and may have to fill in for Wally.
We're going to take it a day at a time for now.
Things are a little shaky, Ralph is a little upset and thinks I had something to do with Wally's disappearance....:kooky: :rolleyes:
Stay tuned.....:cool:

storminsteve
10-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Wally might have expired from the stink, ds, some folks just can't take it.:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Be careful what you ask for, people....:scared: here ya go.... :kooky: :HappyWave:

http://vimeo.com/30605549

jonthepain
10-15-2011, 08:23 PM
took this photo after a bluegill blitz in santa monica

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/pinky.jpg

take that, Ralph!

ps bring a cooler full of eels and a couple of swans to the rocks under Old Barney at midnight the next new moon, and we might consider releasing west wind wally! bwaa haa haa haaaa

Monty
10-15-2011, 09:00 PM
:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO

I thought that water in the background looked nice.
:wheeeee:

DarkSkies
10-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Of course you would say something like that Monty. That water has prevented most of us from getting into good fish from the surf, and coralling the albies into places offshore.

You, as the albie Nazi, :laugh:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8032-Purr-fect-house-for-cats!
have single handedly managed to deprive scores of surfcasters of their beloved pelagic pleasures. When Ralph becomes aware of this he may come looking for you.... :ROFLMAO :HappyWave:

Jon, I had a feeling a shady character such as you might have have had something to do with the disappearance...;) :2flip:
I'm gathering the ransom (eels) as fast as I can, eels are in my refrig awaiting the dropoff point. The swans are taking longer than I expected to gather, would you consider an extension of the stated time limit?

seamonkey
10-16-2011, 11:59 PM
:don't know why: :clapping:Monty is an albie nazi now? Ralph has taken over the job of Wally? You guys are insane, worse than crazy eddie! I think Ralph is a lot more angrier,Wally seemed more easy going except when he was ranting. And Wally offered advice to the kids like stay in school, where Ralph sounds angry enough to machine-gun people. Dark how many cups of coffee did you have before you filmed that?

basshunter
10-17-2011, 12:04 AM
DS you are off your rocker.

DarkSkies
10-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Seamonkey, I'll admit the caffeine dose was a little strong that morning. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon11.png
If you're looking for the real culprit there, ask Jonthepain what he did with Wally. That hippie freak knows more than he's admitting.....I think Ralph will be hunting verrry soon, and redneck stew might be on his wish list....:laugh: ;) :HappyWave:

porgy75
10-17-2011, 03:07 PM
:clapping::clapping:Ha ha that was so sick!

stripercrazy
10-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Loved it, keep em coming.

storminsteve
10-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Anyone see the forecast? WEST/NORTHWEST, NORTHWEST, WEST NORTHWEST NORTHWEST, NORTH, WEST, BOOM CHICKA BOOM! :viking::bigeyes:

DarkSkies
01-12-2012, 09:23 PM
And an exceptional week that was, Steve! Look for more Wally and Ralph videos coming soon, when I get a chance....

surferman
01-13-2012, 09:33 AM
I was bored today and skimmed through those videos'. Great stuff dark, glad you are able to harness all that manic energy.:laugh: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
01-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Look for more Wally and Ralph videos coming soon, when I get a chance....

Batter up.....it seems these rants are getting darker and darker, so beware....

http://vimeo.com/35535956

* Note...for now we are having trouble with database recognizing Vimeo code so you won't be able to see these...I'll start uploading into Youtube, a few at a time, till we get it straightened out...

DarkSkies
01-23-2012, 09:23 PM
^^Youtube West Wind Ralph debut....noreaster rant 9-17-11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrVU8A1WU8&feature=youtu.be

This video was shot at one of the most productive stretches of NJ Beach, which sadly is now gone......

finchaser
01-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Dark has once again proved he is not firing on all cylinders by playing with yet another puppet in the Dark,plus he posts it in 2 different threads. There is no question Darkskies is the Googan of all Googans. It is a scary thought to try and imagine a person who could dethrone him. He will always be remembered as the master-baiter with the black bag of bluefish toting his Googan bucket which he still posseses.

Amen

surfwalker
01-25-2012, 06:54 AM
I dunno, standing on a beach, in the middle of Jan, middle of the night, puppet on hand ( a named puppet, no less), no one around (thank god), camera in hand, talking in a strange voice, posting it so all the world can see- what's wrong with that. Dark, you're even starting to scare me.

DarkSkies
01-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Dark has once again proved he is not firing on all cylinders by playing with yet another puppet in the Dark,plus he posts it in 2 different threads. There is no question Darkskies is the Googan of all Googans. It is a scary thought to try and imagine a person who could dethrone him. He will always be remembered as the master-baiter with the black bag of bluefish toting his Googan bucket which he still posseses.

Amen

:clapping::clapping: This is the highest praise, coming from an old Master Baiter (remember I know the stories of the herring ponds you used to have in your backyard.... :scared: :laugh:)....and an Old Grouchy Basstard like you....I am truly honored with this Special Title you have bestowed on me..... :kooky: and will do everything I can do,, to live up to it! :bucktooth: :rolleyes: :wheeeee: :moon:

(I do wish you could be out there at night hitting this action....I know if it was 20 years ago you would have been out there every night without question...)

Waiting for the Spring?

Guys, the days have been blazing by lately. After work, all the free time I have has been devoted to fishing...and these jabs are just what I need, a shot of tonic in the arm,,,keep those jabs coming...:kicknuts: and thanks for the laughs......

And to let ya know ya's inspired a West Wind Ralph Googan Bucket Video!! :clapping: :HappyWave:

Here's ya go....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_nqYhgqOTs

(If that looks like snow on the ground around the bucket, it is....fishing in the snow in January...doesn't get any better than that....)

plugcrazy
01-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Haha that is so bizarre! Keep up the good work.

BassBuddah
01-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Batter up.....it seems these rants are getting darker and darker, so beware....

http://vimeo.com/35535956

"I see a bunch of snow, and I ain't talking cocaine either" :eek:
Dark, with all due respect, it might be a good idea to sliiiiiightly cut down on the caffeine at night - just a suggestion.:HappyWave:
(still made me laugh anyway). I am glad there are folks out there like you who try to break up the monotony when boredom sets in. We can't fish till April 15 so I am envious of you folks who can start on March 1. Do you think you will be plugging the ocean in March? If so let me know, would love to do a road trip down there again.

buckethead
09-21-2012, 02:37 PM
:clapping::clapping: This is the highest praise, coming from an old Master Baiter (remember I know the stories of the herring ponds you used to have in your backyard.... :scared: :laugh:)....and an Old Grouchy Basstard like you....I am truly honored with this Special Title you have bestowed on me..... :kooky: and will do everything I can do,, to live up to it! :bucktooth: :rolleyes: :wheeeee: :moon:

(I do wish you could be out there at night hitting this action....I know if it was 20 years ago you would have been out there every night without question...)

Waiting for the Spring?

Guys, the days have been blazing by lately. After work, all the free time I have has been devoted to fishing...and these jabs are just what I need, a shot of tonic in the arm,,,keep those jabs coming...:kicknuts: and thanks for the laughs......

And to let ya know ya's inspired a West Wind Ralph Googan Bucket Video!! :clapping: :HappyWave:

Here's ya go....

We need some more west wind wally. Don't you do the videos any more? Get out there in the next noreaster and get it done.:moon: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
09-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the "kind" words buckethead....:moon:
The same for the OGB...:moon:

remember that you Old Farts are getting older and may need someone to visit ya's in the nursing home one day...:laugh:
Truth be told I realized how much effort those videos and pics were and how much they take away from fishing time. There are some nice bites I got into this season and realized the camera would be a handicap as well as alert all the internet fishermen to where the action was at the time....

And there are enough guys bringing in crowds to their spots without realizing it....think about those pics you post, is the best advice I can offer.....

But I know folks miss those videos, will try to shoot more when I get a chance...thanks again for the support...glad ya's enjoy them. :HappyWave:

porgy75
09-22-2012, 06:20 PM
remember that you Old Farts are getting older and may need someone to visit ya's in the nursing home one day...:laugh:
:HappyWave:

Ha ha how true!

stormchaser
01-03-2013, 10:46 AM
We need some more west wind wally. Don't you do the videos any more? Get out there in the next noreaster and get it done.:moon: :HappyWave:

Hope that you are able to get out and do one more video, and best wishes for 2013.:HappyWave:

madcaster
01-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Glad to see West Wind Wally got a job with the ny lottery ....doing radio voice overs:HappyWave:

cowherder
01-06-2013, 01:50 PM
West wind wally! West wind wally! dark its been a long time could you please make another video?:HappyWave:

surfwalker
01-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Glad to see West Wind Wally got a job with the ny lottery ....doing radio voice overs:HappyWave:

Heard that this morning and yes it's got to be West Wind Wally. I can just imagine the hand motions while they were recording that. From a lonely beach to a recording studio, moving on up.

DarkSkies
01-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Some from last year to tide ya's over till I make the next one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D407OgrvfJA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZfSXgVO5INk#!

surferman
01-18-2013, 10:59 AM
"You don't want to run into finchaser because he's a bad mother effer. :scared:
And those guys on that stripers and anglers site they're just googans.:laugh: "

You were talking about loving your neighbor, ds, but wally or ralph seems to show a darker side. I really enjoyed those keep em coming!

nitestrikes
01-18-2013, 02:30 PM
I would love to be able to do that - nice to most folks, but do my venting through a rubber lizard. Good job best wishes on the wally series.

DarkSkies
01-21-2013, 12:54 PM
You were talking about loving your neighbor, ds, but wally or ralph seems to show a darker side. I really enjoyed those keep em coming!

Good job best wishes on the wally series.

Just did the latest one, it will be the darkest and most disjointed one yet....filmed after a Monty Mini Marathon so I was a bit burnt and out of the usual manic energy..
Warning....don't view if you are easily offended or tend to get your feelings bruised from internet comments......:laugh: :HappyWave:

https://vimeo.com/57882873

storminsteve
01-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Funny stuff ds. You sound tired in this one, definitely a different energy level than the other ones. Thanks for posting.

DarkSkies
01-25-2013, 10:26 AM
^^ Yeah Steve, I was shot when I did the video. Almost not enough energy to drive home. After a good night there is no energy left. People may not realize the effort I go through to hunt these fish.....it ain't that easy sometimes.....

Pebbles noticed it too. I'll try to have a higher energy level next time, just for you....:rolleyes: :HappyWave:

paco33
01-25-2013, 11:24 AM
:thumbsup:I enjoy the videos anyway. Look at them whenever it is a bad storm. You have some nice surf scenes in there, keep em coming.

DarkSkies
04-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Lots of small runts tonight. Slow pick of baby bass, with a sprinkling of small blues as well. dirty water. Oh well can't bat 1000 every night. dark you didn't stop by and we texted ya with some profane pics. You out there?:HappyWave:

Ledhead, sorry I have been very bad at responding to folks. Please don't take it personally. Miss you guys, have just been busy. Next time I'll see ya's, I'll bring a box of chocolate donuts, if you remember one of Swiss's favorites. Give him my regards if you see him,,,,,got a report yesterday that a lot of Jersey guys are roaming and he may be now fishing the other side of the pond with the TNT guys...send them all my regards,,,,,Lately when I'm out there solitude is more important than anything else....I'll leave a place if there are too many there.....not what it's about for me...but we will catch up soon...:HappyWave:

^^ haha wheres west wind wally when you need him?dark this is a perfect opportunity to make a wally video about the great northeaster fishing.:rolleyes:

Here ya go Cowherder...will have to do for now.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrVU8A1WU8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D407OgrvfJA

DarkSkies
04-25-2013, 05:52 PM
This is for the guys still carrying googan buckets....remember that we were all googans at one time,.......even the guys who look like they come from an Abercrombie and Fitch catalog....I have been getting it done, lately, with less than $200 in gear....catching fish just fine...:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
06-24-2013, 06:09 PM
West wind wally! West wind wally! dark its been a long time could you please make another video?:HappyWave:

Coming soon...will be making some this summer....:HappyWave:

bababooey
03-26-2014, 04:56 PM
^^^^ What happened to the videos DS? You have been promising them for over 9 months now and not a one. I don't want to call you a BS artist, but I can - if you don't post up one of those soon.:laugh: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-27-2014, 08:12 AM
Are you trying to tell me I suck and ain't reliable? :2flip: :don't know why:
I know that already......:)....already jumped back into the googan thread asking to be in the race with Monty. :bucktooth:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?9048-A-Googan-Moment
The last time I tried to shoot video I forgot how to record, how pitiful is that? :rolleyes:

You're right, I promised a West Wind Wally video a long time ago...other things have gotten in the way....family issues...work...fighting for fishermen and jetty access.....but I did commit to a Wally video......
**I commit to shoot one by Memorial day, bababooey...or I will send you a plug as a penalty.
Be advised that you will be mentioned in that video....the OGB Finchaser as well....:cool:....Does that sound fair? Now stop yer whining. :moon: :laugh:
I saw that you got involved in the jetty thread, that half-assed response...:kooky:...but at least ya made the call......a sincere thanks to you and all who are calling...:thumbsup:..we got a reprieve until April 10.....so please keep those calls and e-mails going. :HappyWave:

Monty
03-27-2014, 08:50 AM
May have a new record there for those smiley icon things in one post chubster. :HappyWave:

Are you trying to tell me I suck and ain't reliable? :2flip: :don't know why:
I know that already......:)....already jumped back into the googan thread asking to be in the race with Monty. :bucktooth:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?9048-A-Googan-Moment
The last time I tried to shoot video I forgot how to record, how pitiful is that? :rolleyes:

You're right, I promised a West Wind Wally video a long time ago...other things have gotten in the way....family issues...work...fighting for fishermen and jetty access.....but I did commit to a Wally video......
**I commit to shoot one by Memorial day, bababooey...or I will send you a plug as a penalty.
Be advised that you will be mentioned in that video....the OGB Finchaser as well....:cool:....Does that sound fair? Now stop yer whining. :moon: :laugh:
I saw that you got involved in the jetty thread, that half-assed response...:kooky:...but at least ya made the call......a sincere thanks to you and all who are calling...:thumbsup:..we got a reprieve until April 10.....so please keep those calls and e-mails going. :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-27-2014, 09:20 AM
Again with the chubster? Man... one tough crowd here. :moon: :laugh: :HappyWave:
I think Speedy is the king of smiley-filled posts..:HappyWave:....good thing we don't have low limit on them....
Keep up the ball busting, down 4lbs, 16 more to go.....:2flip: :clapping: :fishing: :wow: :HappyWave:

basshunter
03-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Hey if you're giving plugs away I'll take one! j/k but would like to see some more www when you get a chance. funny stuff especially the one where he is in the northeaster and yelling at everyone.

cowherder
07-03-2014, 04:43 PM
**I commit to shoot one by Memorial day, . :HappyWave:

Umm couldnt help noticing that memorial day has come and gone. ds whats up? We want more wally.:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
07-04-2014, 09:45 AM
^ Yep, again you folks have my apologies. Too much on the plate right now. I'll try to get one out as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for the kind words, glad ya's enjoyed the previous ones.
Feel free to click on the previous ones if you're bored....some are better than others....but they are raw and real.....That West Wind Wally is one angry and disrespectful character, isn't he? :kooky::laugh:

Remember the next one may be a little darker and saltier, so be forewarned when ya click on it. These videos are not for the kiddies....they're for adults.....and some of ya's will be mentioned prominently in the next one...if I can think of it at the moment.....as all these are done off the top of my head and are not rehearsed (any more)....:moon: :)

Best wishes to all and your families for a Happy and Safe 4th. :HappyWave:

hookedonbass
08-08-2015, 03:41 PM
This came up when I was searching for fishing during a north easter of all things. Some crazy videos here thanks for sharing. Just thought I would ask if you feel like posting some more I would appreciate it. Things are slow this summer and could use the laughs. Thanks Dark and also for the site and stuff.

hookedonbass
08-08-2015, 03:44 PM
^^Youtube West Wind Ralph debut....noreaster rant 9-17-11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrVU8A1WU8&feature=youtu.be

This video was shot at one of the most productive stretches of NJ Beach, which sadly is now gone......

This is one of my favorites. I know "wally/ralph" was asking where all the fishermen were during that video and it was probably a rhetorical question. But seriously dude, "nobody" would be out there in that weather and expect to catch a fish! Good stuff.

DarkSkies
08-13-2015, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the kind words, peeple.....
If I do ever make another Wally video...it will be much darker....insulting...graphic.......and shocking.....lots more ranting and raving....
I don't know if ya's would like how it turned out.....I don't script these anymore..it's a stream of consciousness ranting from inside my tortured head.....:kooky: :ROFLMAO

Be careful what ya's ask for....the delivery might not be to your liking.....:)
Most importantly...I just haven't had the time......

If I do make another one....you folks will be the first to know.....
Don't say I didn't warn ya! :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
05-27-2016, 07:59 AM
Someone sent me a message asking me when I was going to make more of these.
I just haven't had the time or motivation, but when I do I will include some of the most vocal characters here in the various rants.
in the meantime... Enjoy and have a great weekend folks.:HappyWave:

cowherder
11-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Hey DS I know you are busy when you get a chance could you pleeeeeease do a video about people crossing your lines on the beach. I fished a popular beach this morning, and different guys cross my line twice! Fishing so close to each other and the funny thing is there were no fish!

storminsteve
01-28-2017, 11:05 AM
This is for the guys still carrying googan buckets....remember that we were all googans at one time,.......even the guys who look like they come from an Abercrombie and Fitch catalog....I have been getting it done, lately, with less than $200 in gear....cat4ching fish just fine...:HappyWave:

I was bored today and looking at some of the old threads.
Rich are you in hibernation? what will it take to get DS up on the soapbox and ranting again? if it's not too much to ask, a classic battle with finchaser would be appreciated also. Your posts are too far and few between lately. I was wondering if you were considering retiring to Florida along with Al Ristori and crazy Alberto?
it's been a long time dude. Would love to see another Wally video. :headbang::HappyWave: