PDA

View Full Version : Night fishing or day fishing?

stripermania
11-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Which do you prefer Night or day fishing?

Monty
11-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Night. I have taken a big liking to fishing in the dark. Its more productive, very easy to find an area with plenty of room (normally find a beach that I have to myself). The solitude is awesome.

gjb1969
11-30-2009, 10:32 PM
day or nite makes me no diff i fish when ever i have caught big fish day and nite and all tides so for me i have no fav:fishing:

vpass
11-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Night. I have taken a big liking to fishing in the dark. Its more productive, very easy to find an area with plenty of room (normally find a beach that I have to myself). The solitude is awesome.

Exactly what Monty said. I love fishing in the dark. Fishing is usually better.

DarkSkies
12-01-2009, 08:30 AM
^ What they said, fishing's better, less crowds. I value the solitude most of all. :thumbsup: That being said, for the last 3 weeks since we had that incredible night action the weekend of 11/6, I've been fishing in the daytime. What's that tell ya? ;)

surfstix1963
12-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Early in the morning or at night usually you won't see me during the day unless the fish are on the beach getting older & more broken down need to sleep sometimes.

cowherder
12-05-2009, 03:32 PM
I don't like fishing places I don't know at night. I try to get to know them a little at a time. I have been trying to fish early morning and late afternoon. I heard a lot of guys were geting bass at sunrise, so I went before dawn today, and it was cool to see the bass swirling and hitting at the bait. It seems like that's some thing you can only see very early. I liked it.:fishing:

finchaser
12-06-2009, 08:35 AM
A true bass fisherman it depends on time of year,fall is usually a first light thing where summer is a night thing.
The rest of the year you adapt to there schedule,which is sometimes predicated on weather. In plain English to be successful you fish on there feeding schedule day or night.. Back in the day we fished at night to keep things a secret, when fluke season ended the day crew packed it in and we had the fall to our selves.

Lets not forget the self proclaimed pro's who only fish when they can snag bunker a day time time event (until they wipe them out and loose interest).:(

Oh yes the cell phone and INTERNET blitz chasers also a daytime thing.(most of which without a blitz can't catch a fish)

The last 2 groups give false stats to day or night question which has been asked for years. IMO they will lead to the sports demise, especially if other fisheries are shut down and the amount of so called bass fisherman increases by the same people that helped destroy those fisheries.

finchaser
12-06-2009, 08:59 AM
I don't like fishing places I don't know at night. I try to get to know them a little at a time. I have been trying to fish early morning and late afternoon. I heard a lot of guys were geting bass at sunrise, so I went before dawn today, and it was cool to see the bass swirling and hitting at the bait. It seems like that's some thing you can only see very early. I liked it.:fishing:

Good for you:clapping::clapping:keep paying attention and learning you'll be a good one before you know it day or night:thumbsup:

jonthepain
12-06-2009, 09:09 AM
I've always been a dawn and dusk kind of guy, but I think I like from dark through false dawn and into an hour or so after dawn the best.

Then it's time for a pork roll and cheese.

jimbob
12-06-2009, 09:26 PM
I like fishing surface plugs because I like to watch the bass blow up on them, so I would have to say I like daytime. I would never restrict myself to only one or the other.

Pebbles
12-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I would have to say my favorite time to fish is the night time. I am very particular to what night time means. I like going in the early evening and being home by 12. (I need my beauty sleep).

However, if there is alot of white water I could stay all night. The rush of standing in that water gives me a sense that I am fighting the sea. It is exhilarating, it makes me feel as if I am free and all the troubles are left behind.

Yes, I can get that same feeling during the day but nighttime intensifies the feeling for me.

There are times when I am out with Dark and he will say "nothing is happening lets go". I tell him no way I am having too much fun. Nothing could drag me away. Well... maybe the cheesy fries from the WindMill.:thumbsup:

DarkSkies
12-08-2009, 10:06 PM
A true bass fisherman it depends on time of year,fall is usually a first light thing where summer is a night thing.
The rest of the year you adapt to there schedule,which is sometimes predicated on weather. In plain English to be successful you fish on there feeding schedule day or night.. Back in the day we fished at night to keep things a secret, when fluke season ended the day crew packed it in and we had the fall to our selves.

Lets not forget the self proclaimed pro's who only fish when they can snag bunker a day time time event (until they wipe them out and loose interest).:(

Oh yes the cell phone and INTERNET blitz chasers also a daytime thing.(most of which without a blitz can't catch a fish)

The last 2 groups give false stats to day or night question which has been asked for years. IMO they will lead to the sports demise, especially if other fisheries are shut down and the amount of so called bass fisherman increases by the same people that helped destroy those fisheries.

Priceless words of wisdom from one of the original OLD GROUCHY BASSTURDS! :clapping::clapping::clapping: (OGB for the text generation.)

Newbies pay attention to what this grouchy guy says, he's seen it all. :thumbsup:

voyager35
02-10-2010, 10:48 AM
I prefer to leave from the marina about an hour before sunrise, fish the dawn bite, fish a good part of the tide until it changes, and then be back at the dock by early afternoon to clean everything up.