PDA

View Full Version : Jones Beach

porgy75
12-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Who enforces the permits for the Jones beach area. I just want to go for one day. Where can I get a license?

Frankiesurf
12-05-2009, 11:42 AM
The park police enforce the permits. If you are going during the day you won't need any permits. There is one lot that is closed to all but fishermen with permits but I forget which one it is.

If you wanted a permit you would have to go to either Robert Moses or the State Park headquarters on Belmont ave, just off the Southern State exit 36N I believe. Keep in mind the permit is good until December 31st. There is no one day permits and they will be $30 for the Night Parking Permit.

plugginpete
12-05-2009, 03:51 PM
What Frankie said. If you go during the day make sure you are out of there before its dark. They are a little more lax this time of year, on weekdays you can be there a little late and might get away with it. Weekends are busier, and it's not worth the citation, so make sure you're out of there by the posted time. As for the permit, it's better to wait till Jan 1 and get a full year of use out of your money. As for the fishing, you're not missing much right now, 3 weeks ago would have been different.;)