PDA

View Full Version : Question for a hunter

Pebbles
12-10-2009, 09:33 AM
My nephew has a bow and arrow which I think he takes out to practice hunting. He wants to get this bow which is $1000. Way too expensive for my other nephew.

Does anyone have a good suggestion which would be good for him to go hunting with. Something of good quality, that will last a long time, but not break the bank?

thanks

tropics
12-10-2009, 03:58 PM
PM sent

Pebbles
12-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Tropics, Do you have a picture?

tropics
12-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Hope its clear enough.

oldsnow
12-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Try thinking (used bow),their are a lot of them in archery shops. Some people trade bows every couple of years.

Pebbles
12-10-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't know anything about Bows. I want to sent this think to my nephew to give him some suggestions.

Thanks tropics, I will forward this and your note.

fishincrazy
12-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Has your nephew tried going to local archery shops??There's pleanty of deals out there now.He might also want to down grade his expectations on a bow.Just because he wants a $1000 bow doesn't mean he'll get one now.There's plenty of quality bows in the under $500 range which will serve him well till he can shell out his own $$$ for the bow of his dreams.

1 question how old is your nephew??Maybe he needs someone to go with him to look for a bow??

FC

Pebbles
12-13-2009, 02:00 PM
The problem here is that I am against themgoing out at all. I don't understand how anyone can kill those graceful beautiful deer or the cute little bunny rabbits.

My nephews grew up with hunting. In Minnesota guys either hunt, fish or do both. I have an Uncle who is deaf and he has been Bow and Arrow hunting for many, many years.

In my mind I am reasoning that a bow that costs $1000 is somehow more dangerous than a bow for $300. (I know it is a ridiculous thought.) Yet I worry about them all the time.

Thanks for the suggestions.