PDA

View Full Version : OGB....should he be given a new name? Post up and win a plug!

DarkSkies
12-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Some people contacted me recently and said I was misguided for givin Finchaser that name. Some comments:
"Well he might be an OLD BASSTURD, but he's not grouchy!:huh:"

Small problem with that.
If I called him "OB" it would sound like a tampon commercial. :ROFLMAO

OR...
Obi Wan Kenobi, "OWK"

But OWK :bucktooth: is nowhere as cool soundin as OGB.

So as far as I'm concerned, the OGB is a perfect fit, even though he's only grouchy at most once or twice a week. ;)

hookedonbass
12-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Keep it to OGB, it all in fun!

DarkSkies
12-10-2009, 03:26 PM
It's gonna be a long cold winter. I wondered if any of you on here are intimidated by Finchaser? And maybe a little afraid to make fun of him.

So I thought, with good intentions, if some of those who never met him before could come up with some pics of what ya THINK he might look like, based on his posts here. :cool:

I think for those who never met him, it could be fun, and keep us from dyin of boredom when the bass are gone (BTW I think he officially declared that already, or might be declaring it today.)

So don't be afraid to take a good-hearted poke at Finchaser. He can't chase you from the Internet, and it could be a blast! :D

Here's the question:
What do you think Finchaser would look like, if you never met him and were just going by his internet personality?

Put up pics, cartoons, images, movie clips, songs, or anything you feel might give us a laugh.

Best post wins a plug, to be decided by Pebbles.
Winner will be chosen March 1. 2010.

All right, ya's can start pokin the BASSTURD now! :ROFLMAO

finchaser
12-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Keep it to OGB, it all in fun!

Yeah,keep it that way I like OGB plus this is my last post any way bye bye going back on the dark side no more posts on on what and how I caught them.

killie
12-10-2009, 08:27 PM
I picture him as a tall 6' 1" handsome, in good shape around 190 lbs. salt pepper hair maybe late 40's. bright and always happy. Wealthy too
Am I close?

cowherder
12-10-2009, 08:31 PM
finchaser fishing in December?

storminsteve
12-10-2009, 08:42 PM
I never met finchaser, but I did meet dark once. It seems you try to see the good in people. That could be good or bad. This clip made me think of what it might be like if dark and finchaser got into an argument.
CDMQPfGYTwU

killie
12-10-2009, 08:59 PM
oh yeah, a sharpie too :)

DarkSkies
12-10-2009, 09:07 PM
I picture him as a tall 6' 1" handsome, in good shape around 190 lbs. salt pepper hair maybe late 40's. bright and always happy. Wealthy too
Am I close?

oh yeah, a sharpie too :)

What a way to suck up to the grouchy bassturd! :rolleyes:
Are you still angling to get all his gear when he leaves this world? If so, you're on the right path. I don't know how someone could :kiss: up any more than that. You're in the lead for the Finchaser fishin gear lottery.

Maybe the next nice sunny day you could take a ride down here and help him "inventory" his rods and reels, just in case....;)

killie
12-10-2009, 09:16 PM
pfft! no need to take inventory, I know it all :) I'm rewriting his will tonight cause me thinks he bought another plug today.

CharlieTuna
12-11-2009, 10:56 AM
If I opened a door, what would finchaser look like. One of the mugs below? :D

paco33
12-11-2009, 11:48 AM
^ finchaser = door #1 that pic must be from grumpy old men. Am I close?:)

stripercrazy
12-13-2009, 05:28 AM
Finchaser the rapper, does he have any singing talent?
CGceuryma7c

Pebbles
03-04-2010, 07:08 AM
Sorry for the delay.

This was a difficult decision. I liked the Grumpy Old men pics BUT I thought that the one from Cowherder is so funny. I can see him at there in the cold covered with frost.

So the winner is Cowherder. Congrats, pm me with your address and I'll send the plug.

cowherder
03-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Thank you so much for the chance and plug Dark and Pebbles. I just PMed you with my address. I couldn't believe my pic would win, does he really look like that (minus the ice?).
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8603&stc=1&d=1260495072

I kind of thought he was more intimidating, maybe like Burgess Meredith or something. So that's why I used the pics I did. I really thought Charlietuna was going to win. Thanks for the cool contest!

finchaser
03-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Could be i do cod fish :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Am I close?

At one time....

long long ago....

he was a handsome chap, strong, tough as nails, great shape.

I don't know what happened since then, :ROFLMAO ;)

but here's a pic of him with a 50#, back in the old school days when he and Steven's Surfsters dominated the NJ club circuit. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Pic was taken in front of the old Stevens B&T in Long Branch. That store was an empty shell waiting for a new tenant last time I drove past there. :(

Here's a skin mount he had made of that bass, takes up almost 3/4 of the pool table. :bigeyes:

nitestrikes
03-07-2010, 02:18 AM
At one time....

long long ago....

he was a handsome chap, strong, tough as nails, great shape.

I don't know what happened since then, :ROFLMAO ;)

but here's a pic of him with a 50#, back in the old school days when he and Steven's Surfsters dominated the NJ club circuit. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Pic was taken in front of the old Stevens B&T in Long Branch. That store was an empty shell waiting for a new tenant last time I drove past there. :(

Here's a skin mount he had made of that bass, takes up almost 3/4 of the pool table. :bigeyes:

Nice fish!:clapping::clapping:

bababooey
03-07-2010, 08:50 AM
That's a beauty finchaser!:thumbsup:

finchaser
03-08-2010, 08:46 AM
thanks

storminsteve
03-08-2010, 09:31 AM
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10272&thumb=1&d=1267938944 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10272&d=1267938944)

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: :drool: A 50 lber? Wow finchaser that is quite a catch. I hope one day to get one that big. Can you tell us the story about when you caught that?

jigfreak
03-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Beautiful catch FC! :clapping::thumbsup:

cowherder
03-08-2010, 09:59 AM
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10272&thumb=1&d=1267938944 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10272&d=1267938944)

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: :drool: A 50 lber? Wow finchaser that is quite a catch. I hope one day to get one that big. Can you tell us the story about when you caught that?

Yes please tell the story! And who were the stevens surfsters?

rip316
07-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Fin, you never told the story of how you caught that 50. A few requested you do so but, you have not. Please share it with us all. Come on. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzz.

rip316
07-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Ogb. One great bob.

storminsteve
07-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Fin, you never told the story of how you caught that 50. A few requested you do so but, you have not. Please share it with us all. Come on. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzz.

X2, Cmon finchaser, fishing sucks lately, how about that story.:fishing:

speedy
07-14-2010, 06:49 PM
fin did you go long branch high school ? or just hang in west end

speedy
07-14-2010, 07:36 PM
O G B:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping ::clapping::clapping::clapping:

speedy
07-14-2010, 07:51 PM
I never met finchaser, but I did meet dark once. It seems you try to see the good in people. That could be good or bad. This clip made me think of what it might be like if dark and finchaser got into an argument.
CDMQPfGYTwU
now thats funny :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::clapping::clap ping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

DarkSkies
07-14-2010, 08:06 PM
O G B:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping ::clapping::clapping::clapping:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11636&stc=1&d=1279150555

I think we gotta clarify some things here.
He's not really an old fart.....

he just smells like an old fart. :laugh: :plastered: :HappyWave:

speedy
07-14-2010, 08:11 PM
I think we gotta clarify some things here.
He's not really an old fart.....

he just smells like an old fart. :laugh: :plastered: :HappyWave:ok then try this:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

speedy
07-14-2010, 08:44 PM
now this is funnyYouTube - Ventriloquist Jeff Dunham brings Walter on BU Tonight

clamchucker
07-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Funny. :clapping:

wish4fish
07-15-2010, 02:20 PM
grouch

skinner
07-27-2010, 09:39 AM
he just smells like an old fart. :laugh: :plastered: :HappyWave:

You guys really know how do give someone a compliment.:d

DarkSkies
01-29-2011, 03:53 PM
MNFG?
That's his new temporary name.
I can't talk too much about it, it might embarass the old grouch.
For those of ya who know, him, contact him in private to find out, but please don't post the details here unless he gives ya permission. This will be kind of our own private joke for those who know him well.

Suffice it to say, it has to do with him a nicer guy all-around.
A nicer, kinder, version of Finchaser?? :scared:

I gotta tell ya's, I'm not happy with the nicer version. The next thing ya know, we'll be exchanging hugs when I go down to visit him. We'll be fishing together and talking about world peace and singing kumbaya. Perish the thought! http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.png

I miss the old grouchy basstard that he used to be, the one who says the things that everyone else is afraid to say, the one who never kissed anyone's aZZ his whole life, and still managed to make something of himself. :thumbsup:

I want the old OGB back, I much prefer that guy to the "new" MNFG nice guy. :laugh:

finchaser
01-29-2011, 06:21 PM
:2flip::beatin:have anice day DS

cowherder
01-30-2011, 12:21 PM
I don't get it Dark, you actually don't want him to be nice?
What finchaser said:beatin: ;)

dogfish
01-30-2011, 12:50 PM
:HappyWave:Yeah cmon ds give the guy a freeaking break, will ya?

DarkSkies
01-31-2011, 07:40 AM
You guys would have to know Fin to understand my statement. His grouchiness, which some think I exaggerate here, is legendary. If you want an opinion as to what is really wrong with our fisheries management, society, or gov't, talk to finchaser. He pulls no punches, and angry rants tell me he's healthy, he's ok.

Full of pizz and vinegar, so to speak. :cool:
He's always been very generous, but nice??? No way!! :laugh:
So when he's exceptionally nice and pleasant to people for an extended period of time,,I gotta worry....is he ok....is he getting ready to check out from this life, and enter the next? I would rather have him as the old OGB. That way I know he's still going strong. :thumbsup:

If he doesn't yell or rant at me once a day about something...I worry about the old fart. :kiss:
Hope that clears things up a bit. :thumbsup: :) :HappyWave:

7deadlyplugs
01-31-2011, 09:57 AM
I don't know all the details here, but I kind of like OGB. MNFG sounds like a spice, or some kind of food additive. OGB is a lot cooler. My .02.