PDA

View Full Version : NJ's own Funebrarum in da house!

DarkSkies
12-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Rip-Plugger sent me these links.

It's nice to see some NJ locals out there grinding thru the world of metal and thrash. :thumbsup:

http://funebrarum.com/
News

May Update (note the last update was in 2006)
Funebrarum has finished mixing their side of the forthcoming split with Interment (Swe), out soon on Conqueror of Thorns Records. Prepare to be brutalized!

May 31st Funebrarum will be sharing the stage with Finnish gods Demilich, for more info, check out the shows page (http://funebrarum.com/shows.html).
Well here it is, the new Funebrarum website. It only took a hundred monkeys at a hundred typewriters a hundred days to do it. Go have yourselves a banana for a job well done!

Some of the myspace stuff:

http://www.myspace.com/funebrarum

I liked Dormant Hallucination. I remember every year around this time there would be a big Metalfest at Convention Hall Asbury Park. It was pretty intense, they mixed the old with the new. :banghead2::headbang::cool::viking:

DarkSkies
12-11-2009, 07:33 AM
About FUNEBRARUM
We associate with the forces of evil as a philosophical mindset, rather than a dialectical polarity. We assault Christianity for their stranglehold on knowledge through repression and fear, as they are the forefront of the mindset of weakness." - Goat

Funebrarum was formed by guitarist Nick Orlando (Evoken, Funereus, Asmodeus, Putrifact) and vocalist Daryl Kahan (Disma, Citizens Arrest, Abazagorath, Assuck) in April of 1999, with the goal of creating old school dark death metal. With fellow Abazagorath and Evoken member Dario Derna on drums, the band recorded their debut demo "Triumphant Ascent" later that same year. A raw and ugly sounding tape that was well-received by the underground maniacs.

The core line-up was solidified with the addition of Abazagorath bassist David Wagner providing the sub-atomic low end. The first complete line-up was finalized with the addition of drummer Brian Jimenez..
In October 2000, the four-piece would begin recording their second demo "Tombs of Sleeping Darkness". This was a very active period for the band which included several devastating live appearances with bands like: Mayhem, Evoken, Mortician, Exhumed, Hate Eternal, Nunslaughter among others..

In July 2002, long time friend and Roy Fox would release a remixed, remastered version of the demo under the title "Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods" on his cult label, Necroharmonic Productions. The release would receive international praise for keeping the ancient spirit of death metal alive in a time when the "old school" was all but forgotten. Brian left the band shortly thereafter to pursue other interests.

From the end of the "Tombs of Sleeping Darkness" sessions, the lack of a drummer kept the band in project status, and they nearly disbanded.

In 2003, with the help of friend and session drummer Justin DeTorre, they re-recorded material for their next official release, the 7" EP "Dormant Hallucination," for Midnight 666 Records. Again Funebrarum received glowing praise on this release. The following year "Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods" would be reissued by Necroharmonic Records.

2004: Nick, Daryl and Dave continued writing new material during this time. Creating the foundation for many of the new tracks featured on their upcoming album "The Sleep of Morbid Dreams".

2005 brought the addition of drummer, Shawn Eldritch and second guitarist, Matt Medeiros. With the complete line-up in place the band worked steadily on the new material. During this time the band performed live with Demilich, Dead Infection and Mucupurulent .

In 2008, the band entered Don Fury's Cyclone Sound in Coney Island, NY to record their monstrous offering "The Sleep of Morbid Dreams". Don Fury, a well known producer for his work in early New York Hardcore, delivered a powerful production as usual. Expect 7 songs of skull-crushing death metal in the old way!

2009. Funebrarum have signed a two album deal with the German label, Cyclone Empire! "The Sleep of Morbid Dreams" is nearing completion and will be ready for a March /April release on CD / LP. Since it's release, our new album "The Sleep of Morbid Dreams" has been receiving some killer reviews worldwide!!. We thank our producer, Don Fury and the staff at Cyclone Empire Records for their work in making this happen.

August 2009 Update: Matt has returned! Funebrarum are currently working on new material which will be featured on a 10" MLP as well as a split 7" ep with finnish band - WINTERWOLF (featuring Antti Boman and Corpse of Demilich). Both records will be released by our label CYCLONE EMPIRE. www.cyclone-empire.com (http://www.cyclone-empire.com) - More information soon!

DarkSkies
12-11-2009, 07:39 AM
http://www.funebrarum.com (http://www.funebrarum.com)

Rip-Plugger
12-12-2009, 12:46 AM
you'd better believe it Darkskies,
New Jersey has a bunch of metal bands around
Kalopsia,BloodFeast,Fire From The Altar just to name a few.
metal is everywhere,it crosses languages,oceans and continents,even religious ideals,hell there are even blackmetal bands from israel[I think I spelled it right]!
Melechesh,Bishop Of Hexen,Grimoire ar fine examples of israeli blackmetal.

Avatar[Belgium],Ember[U.S.A.], Crimson Midwinter[Finland],malkuth[Brazil],
MedievalDemon,[greece],MoonBlood[Germany],
Obscuration[France],Profanum[Poland],Ragnarok[England], Solstafir[Iceland],SongeD'Enfer,Brazil]Casbah[Japan],
EarthShaker[Japan],E.Z.O.[Japan]Rattler[Estonia]
Vomepotro[Brazil],Fury[Australia],Destroyer666[australia]
,Grinning Ghoul[Holland?],Church Bizarre[Denmark].

this list could go on and on,it's just an incredible amount of metal out there.not even counting local bands that have no music recorded to share.
there was or still is,I don't know,an African blackmetal band called Black Diamond Voodoo I heard of some years ago.
it is out there,ya just have to dig or hook up with a member on a metal site and do some music trading as I have done,you will find some Great music!

R-P

DarkSkies
10-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Recommended by Rip-Plugger, NJ's own Funebrarum... thanks!

A7RXhedbIX0