PDA

View Full Version : Bait and Tackle

stripermania
12-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Do you use your local Bait and Tackle Shop or do you prefer some other shop?

jimbob
12-13-2009, 06:43 PM
I prefer the local tackle shop.

gjb1969
12-13-2009, 07:23 PM
i have no local shop to me i have take a little ride to get to a good shop:don't know why:

surfstix1963
12-15-2009, 05:13 AM
I prefer to keep the local guy in business I have a good priced shop nearby but the attitude is come in spend your $$ and leave so I generally will spend the extra $$ and go a little furthur away.Not that I want to spend more these days but I don't like attitudes.

Frankiesurf
12-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I frequent a few shops and visit a few more in my area. There are a few I have a good report with and a few where I am treated like a customer. I don't usually go to those. I give them a few shots and if I am uncomfortable with how I am treated I don't go back. Plain and simple.

I will do this before going to any online shops. If the shops I like don't have or can't get it then I go online but I always try to give them a fair shot first. It only makes sense. A good shop will try to get what you need. Those are the guys you give your money to.

jigfreak
12-16-2009, 03:06 PM
I prefer to keep the local guy in business I have a good priced shop nearby but the attitude is come in spend your $$ and leave so I generally will spend the extra $$ and go a little furthur away.Not that I want to spend more these days but I don't like attitudes.

I frequent a few shops and visit a few more in my area. There are a few I have a good report with and a few where I am treated like a customer. I don't usually go to those. I give them a few shots and if I am uncomfortable with how I am treated I don't go back. Plain and simple.

When a guy has a good shop you know by the steady stream of customers even when things are slow. He doesn't mind when guys come in to bs about fishing. Even if they're not spending money, it's still good for business. The old shops my Dad used to take me in when I was a kid always had the old guys hanging around and shooting the ****. Giglios in Sea Bright is like the old time shops. It's not the same as when they had their old place, but when you walk in the store, it has an "old" feel to it. And he doesn't kick people out of there even though it's small. I like places like that, and will go out of my way to shop at a local place like Giglios.:thumbsup:

buckethead
12-16-2009, 03:44 PM
I use the local shops of where I am fishing. There are a couple that I avoid because they never have what I want. Basically, all are good.

VSdreams
12-16-2009, 04:32 PM
I think it's all about the service and the attitude. If I feel they appreciate my business and can fix reels, rods, etc, they will have my loyalty. I have relatives in the south and go there to visit. One thing I notice about the south vs the north is that people are much nicer there when you shop in their stores. Almost every one of them says thank you for your business and please come again. A lot of places here in the north could learm from that.

Doublerunner
12-16-2009, 04:46 PM
I prefer the local. One of the owners I know gave me his cell and said if I need any stuff after hours to call him and he'll open up. Pretty cool but I spend a lot of money on eels there and if I need some for a late night or early am tide he'll have them for me off hours. Plus he shares info that is accurate

plugaholic
12-16-2009, 04:58 PM
I prefer the local. One of the owners I know gave me his cell and said if I need any stuff after hours to call him and he'll open up. Pretty cool but I spend a lot of money on eels there and if I need some for a late night or early am tide he'll have them for me off hours. Plus he shares info that is accurate

Sounds like a great resource, and willing to go the extra mile. He probably had parents like that too.:thumbsup: