PDA

View Full Version : Skiing

skinner
12-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Are you all fisherman or do some of you ski as well. I have not been skiing for years and thought about hitting the slopes next month. Last time I went to Bear Mountain, fell and messed up my knee. I better have more luck the next time I go with my buddies.

Pebbles
12-19-2009, 10:55 PM
I went in my early 20's but only for a few years. I always enjoyed it but somehow life changed and I stopped.

DarkSkies
12-19-2009, 11:33 PM
I used to go on ski trips in high school, great fun. If I did it now I would probably break my leg. Snowboarding looks awesome, would like to get into that if there was more time.

Just had a thought, if I went skiing today I would invite Killie with me. That way if anyone tumbled down the hill it would be him. :HappyWave:

lostatsea
12-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Never tried it, but I have a cousin who loves it. I also have an 80 year old Uncle who skies every year. If he can do do anyone can.

Jackbass
12-29-2009, 01:29 PM
I skied from the age of 5 until 18 I broke my leg when I was ten, and Got a stress fracture in my leg when I was 18. I started snowboarding when I got the stress fracture because i couldn't put my ski boots on. I never skied again snowboarding is unreal. It hurts like hell the first month you do it but once you get the hang of running one edge at a time it is unbelievable.

vpass
12-29-2009, 02:00 PM
My kids want to try Snowboarding. I have family that been snowboarding for 8 yrs. They say it alot safer and more fun. Some time in Feb. we are going and getting some lessons. It should be fun, Hope I don't kill myself.:huh::kooky:

vpass
12-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Just had a thought, if I went skiing today I would invite Killie with me. That way if anyone tumbled down the hill it would be him. :HappyWave:

Then you would have Finchaser Equipment for yourself.:idea:

DarkSkies
12-29-2009, 08:59 PM
^^ Maybe not. If I could get a few more of Finchaser's magic tins I could die a happy man. :lookhappy: I don't know about the rest of the gear though. Even if Killie died in a horrible skiing "accident" ;) I think he's so tied into getting that gear he would have demons from the grave come and wreak havoc on me. :scared: :laugh:

Jackbass
12-31-2009, 02:26 PM
My kids want to try Snowboarding. I have family that been snowboarding for 8 yrs. They say it alot safer and more fun. Some time in Feb. we are going and getting some lessons. It should be fun, Hope I don't kill myself.:huh::kooky:

Just try and go on a day when there is some soft snow around. And stay on one edge. Every time you catch the wrong edge it is like hitting the brakes and your butt and wrists will feel it.

stripermania
01-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Dark, maybe we can hook up and give snowboarding a try?

DarkSkies
01-04-2010, 10:14 AM
^ Stripermania, I sent the only snowboards I had to Jake from Stripercoast. I hope he and his children are getting some mileage out of them. I used them so little I wanted someone else to be able to have some fun.

If you got an extra one to lend, I would be down for a trip the next big snowfalll. PM me and let me know. :HappyWave:

porgy75
01-04-2010, 12:28 PM
My little cousins are into it. They do some pretty crazy tricks.:scared:

killie
01-07-2010, 08:26 PM
I don't ski and I'm not dead, yet!
Bob I haven't spoke to you in a few days. We must speak, bought anything new? Christmas gifts?? find anything laying around?? I need to update your inventory in my log. That's the only log I have by the way. :)

finchaser
01-10-2010, 09:23 AM
I don't ski and I'm not dead, yet!
Bob I haven't spoke to you in a few days. We must speak, bought anything new? Christmas gifts?? find anything laying around?? I need to update your inventory in my log. That's the only log I have by the way. :)

Check your VM
:2flip:Coming to see you this week will do lunch;)

Doublerunner
01-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Started skiing at age 16. 2nd day I was doing jumps off fallen logs and skiing trails through the woods. I just took to it

Snowboarding on the other hand is a whole different animal. 10 years ago I took a half day lesson with my son. I fell about 400 times in 4 hours. My *** starting hurting so bad that I made sure to fall forwards only to have my elbows get swollen and sore. I could not walk for 3 days after that. The hardest part is you have to be real careful to only put a little bit of body weight into each turn otherwise you'll catch an edge and fall. And if any of you know me then you know it's impossible for me to only put a little bit of body weight into anything :eek:

All my kids ski and my 2 boys love snowboarding. My 2 girls just want to ski

Best time to learn to snowboard is when you're real young and agile. The older and heavier you are the harder it is. However, I still have a desire to be able to snowboard...I know it would be a blast