PDA

View Full Version : down hill from here till spring

gjb1969
12-25-2009, 01:54 AM
well guys the days will get a little longer each day now even if its just a little but it still makes me know spring is comeing so tell me how do u feel abought this i am looking to do much better on bass and other fish so guys i am going to work on a plan for the season what will u do to get ready?

surfstix1963
12-25-2009, 06:40 AM
I would normally be doing the basics servicing reels,changing hooks,checking rod guides for wear,repairing waders if needed tying new tail hooks changing my line but thats all done because I didn't fish much this year another thing I do is review my log book and start making a plan for next year especially if their is a spring pattern that has been working the past years that will be my starting point.

bababooey
12-25-2009, 12:43 PM
I usually wait till April or May to start, preferring to let you guys be the bird dogs while I check the fish reports.:D I put the gear away, winterized the boat. I will try to make the wife and kids happy and get things done around the house. We want to have our basement remodeled, so I will be busy getting bids and trying to find a contractor that won't rob you. I do look forward to spring though. The winter storms get so depressing.

captnemo
12-25-2009, 01:33 PM
We're also past the winter solstice, so the days will now be getting longer. I try to keep busy with household projects and complete the "honey do" list. It makes for a happier marriage.

surfwalker
12-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Like many of the above posts I'll be catching up on things that were neglected on the house, with my head not really into them.
I"ll also be hopeing for one of the freakish warm days in Jan to maybe walk the beach one last time before spring. Then clean up the gear, check out the thru wire plugs and swivels, hooks, the usual. Put the final year in review in my log. Re-read some entries from years before. Maybe glance at some Striped Bass books that have been read in the past. Try and keep the maintenance up on the Deerslayer, so I don't have to sweat out the trips driving down or returning.
Mainly trying to keep busy and hope that the next few months go fast and that the new season will prove to be as enjoyable as the previous ones.

Frankiesurf
12-25-2009, 07:16 PM
I will soon be tying new leaders and changing hooks. Tying more bucktails, making more and more varied teasers/flies. I do plan on trying out my flyrod this spring. I will also be equipping myself for skishing. Early scouting is in the books for me as well.

Until then I will be trying for herring and also giving my new ultralite setup on some trout.